• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MotorStorm RC |OT|

test_account

XP-39C²
They did do something special, free Vita version doesn't come with the PS3 version. If someone got the free Vita version then they have to pay for the PS3 version.
Ah ok, i see. Thanks for the info :)

Well shucks. The platinum continues to elude me, then.
There is one more thing you can do. As Man-is-Obsolete mentioned, if a friend beats one of your challenges and then he/she send you a challenge-message, then this message wont be deleted after you complete it. This basically means that you can beat the same time as many times as you like. No need to juggle two PSN accounts. If i knew this earlier, then i would have done it myself instead of keep going back and forth between my two PSN accounts :)

I finally got that last pesky trophy a few days ago. I just looked for events where my friends had better times than mine and tried to find them in their profile on the pitwall. It took forever to actually find five (since I was already 5/10) that I had a chance of beating but I finally did it.

I can't wait for this game to get more DLC, I'm already craving it again.

Massa

Just two trophies to go, 40:00 and the damn pitwall one. I think I'll finally start the DLC events instead of going for these for now.

It looks like I already beat 5 times from the pitwall but my friends have stopped playing the game and I don't get challenges from them anymore, only randoms which are damn near impossible to beat.

If you want please add me on PSN
(MassaBR)
, just add that you're from GAF.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Just platinum'd this after going crazy getting all the other trophies last night. Time to move onto the DLC!

So have anyone bought DLC for MRC using PSN+ discount using PS3?

I did and now it still shows on Vita as an item to buy and i can't download it there despite item being in my downloaded items history?

Just two trophies to go, 40:00 and the damn pitwall one. I think I'll finally start the DLC events instead of going for these for now.

It looks like I already beat 5 times from the pitwall but my friends have stopped playing the game and I don't get challenges from them anymore, only randoms which are damn near impossible to beat.

If you want please add me on PSN
(MassaBR)
, just add that you're from GAF.

i just started trying for trophies and hit this pitwall one.

what exactly is this?

Number45

So I have to ask, do you folks use the brakes at all in this game?

EDIT: Also, I hate the drift events. Barely manage to get one medal. :'(

Number45

Fuck Dock and Roll. The slightest nudge and I'm facing backwards or on my roof.

The hardest thing about this game is driving in a straight line.

anybody help me out with wall brawl trophy?
i screwed up and didnt get from beginning, so yeah, now ive run into a wall.

i have most supercar untouched and the last 1/2 of the dlc untouched (locked). so if you got these left and am in same position hit me up....psn in pro just post and lemme know

EDIT: NM found a cheap way to do it!

The new DLC tracks look really fun in the announcement trailer. I see there's 6 new tracks instead of 4, very nice. I'm waiting for the UK store update to grab it. Does the Carnival DLC have a PS+ discount like the Pro AM DLC had?

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Much prefer the Carnival tracks to the Pro-Am ones. Just 100%'d it, now to smash some times :p

BurningNad

I just unlocked the supercar and am working on those hot laps... but damn, this game makes me rage so hard. I literally almost threw my Vita into the wall after setting this "best" time on the top right:

6930931140_6f044a0b4f_z.jpg

alexfont

Neo Member
Just be patient, if you stop for a while and come back later to play again you pass it more easily. I'm slowing playing for the 40min in all the events and I can see a lot of improvement from previous races.

Btw, the game is amazing and really addictive. Reminds me the old Ignition game for PC.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Guys? Need some help please... I finished all tracks of the first event a few days ago,on all of which I have better times than a friend. For the rankings of the single races, my ranks are shown properly, but in the Event screen it keeps telling me that I am 40 seconds and 10,000 ranks behind my friend.

I tried starting and finishing all races once again, so that it maybe updates the scores or whatever. Didnt help. Anything else I could do? :/

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
There are still races you need to unlock in that particular event. Have you played with the supercars yet?

Yeah, someone in the Vita thread told me that... I spent almost 2 hours replaying all the levels there because I thought it might not have registered my scores properly. Ack. Such a waste of time. Well, at least now I know. Thanks though!

DBT85

I really hope we get a few more festivals for this. More difficult that the two DLCs though.

This game was the first game I ever bought DLC for (since it was actual content instead of, you know, a different skin) and I'll gladly do it again.

Carl

Bump.

New update for Motorstorm RC http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012...-than-ever-thanks-to-a-new-update/#more-67529

Jamie: What does the update do for MotorStorm RC?

Paul: There’s been lots of activity in MotorStorm RC and there have been lots of stories shared about it, which we’ve been paying very keen attention to as we’ve continued to enhance and improve the game since it came out. Over and above lots of little ‘behind-the-scenes’ tweaks and adding a method for recovering lost medals, there are three key improvements in this update that will make a big difference to the quality of the experience for everyone: we’ve fine-tuned the campaign to make it easier, we’ve increased the opportunities for sending challenges, and we’ve changed which races can be played in the free trial. All in an effort to make sure that when you play this game, you and your friends get the most out of your time with it.

Q: How can my lost medals can be recovered?

A: If you’ve had the misfortune of encountering the rare incidence of losing all of your campaign medals, you can now contact the PlayStation Community Team to recover your progress on the Official PlayStation® Community Forums.

Do leader boards work for anyone? Mine are just blank. I see no times at all. I'm having a ton of fun with this game. Still free on the ps store.

Agent X

I've been playing on Vita since it came out, and the leaderboards have always worked for me.

Do you have friends playing? There are separate leaderboards for friends and the entire world.

Anyone got tips for someone who sucks with the supercar on supercar hotlaps?
Particularly wet and wild -- my best is 10.087, but I'm not even sure how I did that.
Should I be using the brake somehow?

Dwayne

I don't know if anyone else has this problem, but i've been progressing through on Vita, and tend to close the app a bit. On two occasions i've lost all the progress made in the previous gaming sessions. I've been careful to always quit when on the main menu so i'm not sure what else I can do to avoid it. It's bad enough i've quit playing now.

Top Bottom