• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MotorStorm RC |OT|

boingball

I love the buggy! It requires much more attention than the others, but it's got such a nice feel swinging it into a corner. Mostly you spin out if you accell out too quickly while not straight on. The course 'wave breaker' is a good test of buggy skill... i used a mate's challenge to get 20 pitwall wins (unlock secret supercar).. by the end i had it flawless i could swear, down to 48sec or something. Looked at the leaderboards and some crazies have got it down to 43! Lots of room for improvement

Lol. I hate the buggy. I spent more than an hour on Monday trying to win a race with a buggy. Most of the time I had to restart immediately after the first turn when the other cars bumped me and I span out of control (and when I finally managed to get ahead every 40th try or so I then managed to screw up by muself).

Still have about 20 medals to collect and then see how much I have to shave off for the 40min trophy.

It's the first menu you see when you start the game up. The one that says "Festival."

Hah, thanks for the tip. Was looking in the wrong place too (already got the 40min gold without having all golds and wondering where I could see my time).

Will get the Pro-Am DLC for sure.

...aaaaand I just got all 4 trophies.

Finished with a time of 11:34.

I'm enjoying this new track. Will definitely play more to improve my time.

I'm really getting hooked on trying to get 3 medals on all the events now. Some of the later ones are really tough...

I hate when I finally have a good lap only to mess up slightly on the final corner and brush a wall or something. You know, those times when you need 20.000 and you get 20.008 or something.

I finally got the hang of the drifting and got three gold medals. I think the game didn't explain the drifting very well, though. They should have had a short video that properly shows how you do it right instead of a slide saying "Let go of the gas for a moment and now you drift! Weeee!".

Anyway, I played most of the game on Vita, but I think it actually is an easier game on the PS3. When I synced my trophies to get them for both versions I tried some events on PS3 and the much better framerate and a proper controller certainly helps.

DBT85

I'm really getting hooked on trying to get 3 medals on all the events now. Some of the later ones are really tough...

I hate when I finally have a good lap only to mess up slightly on the final corner and brush a wall or something. You know, those times when you need 20.000 and you get 20.008 or something.

I missed one by .002 once. Really pissed me off! Got it in the end though.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
can you choose different cars to use in the festival, or do those events choose the vehicle for you? The UI confuses me a bit TBH

can you choose different cars to use in the festival, or do those events choose the vehicle for you? The UI confuses me a bit TBH
You can press square when viewing each event to choose between the different vehicles available to you for that event. Most of them will be locked away at the beginning of the game but you'll unlock more of them (as well as new paint jobs) as you progress. You can also go back a few more steps to the "main menu" and scroll all the way to the left to see all the vehicles you've unlocked. If you go into that menu you can set your default vehicle for each vehicle class.

Yeah, it can be really frustrating sometimes. I don't know if I'll ever beat some of these hot lap events...

NHale

Anyway, I played most of the game on Vita, but I think it actually is an easier game on the PS3. When I synced my trophies to get them for both versions I tried some events on PS3 and the much better framerate and a proper controller certainly helps.

To me it was the other way around. I was actually faster on the Vita compared to the PS3.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Playstation Blog US PS+ discount said:
Discounted Game Add-Ons: MotorStorm RC ELITE Vehicle Pack 1 (FREE)
MotorStorm RC ELITE Vehicle Pack 2 ($0.50)
MotorStorm RC Pro-Am Expansion Pack ($1.25)

What am I missing? Expansion pack shows up with the regular price and Vehicle pack isnt free. US PS+ here.

Edit: found the solution. I can grab them for free/discounted on my PS3 but not from the Vita store. Will download them again on Vita after I got them for free on PS3.

RoylAsult

i have $2.02 in my wallet left over (i hate how the wallet works) the extra tracks are 2.99. will have to spend 5$ and have pretty much the same amount left over in my wallet or will it take the 2$ and i will only have to pay .97?

or should i just buy the cars for .50?... will that use the 2$ in my wallet?

LET ME SPEND MY MONEY!!! lol

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
i have $2.02 in my wallet left over (i hate how the wallet works) the extra tracks are 2.99. will have to spend 5$ and have pretty much the same amount left over in my wallet or will it take the 2$ and i will only have to pay .97?

or should i just buy the cars for .50?... will that use the 2$ in my wallet?

LET ME SPEND MY MONEY!!! lol

Or will you buy PS+ to buy the addon for 1,50 and get the first car pack for free? :-o

Worst investment idea ever, but hey. Whatever tips people over.

Toma

Are the leaderboards/friend rankings vita and ps3 or platform specific?

crispyben

Pacific Rift - Wet and Wild:
kqsKW.jpg

Finally got it too.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Got the four trophies from the DLC. The game is still really run, and I'll definitely be picking up the Carnival DLC as well. I'm guessing I'm either really good or a lot of people haven't really picked up the DLC since I'm number 4 on one track, and number 8 on another, and number 7 overall.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.

It was bought to my attention today that if you go to purchase something on the Vita and are short you can choose to top up by the amount you need to make up the total purchase, not in $5-$10-$20 increments.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Got my total festival time down to 38:49. Why did I even buy any retail games? This and SSD have taken up so much time, lol.

Guess I'll be buying a $10 PSN card and picking up the DLC + mutant blobs attack.

Ha, I saw your username last night on one of the DLC levels.

It was bought to my attention today that if you go to purchase something on the Vita and are short you can choose to top up by the amount you need to make up the total purchase, not in $5-$10-$20 increments.
?

That's how it is on PS3 as well.
Except the minimum is $5.00, on both systems.

Gen X

Weird. Went to purchase the Pro Am DLC and it said that for normal members with wasn't available till 3rd April, but PSN+ members can get it now. Feared I had pre ordered it since I'm not a Plus member but voila, it worked.

PS: Hispanic guy cheats.

=D

magawolaz

Looks like I won't get the Pitwall trophy. Pretty much every challenge features super-fuckingfast-cars or really hard times to beat.
I was so close to Platinum trophy :(

Looks like I won't get the Pitwall trophy. Pretty much every challenge features super-fuckingfast-cars or really hard times to beat.

Is it possible to use the new DLC to get that trophy?

PS: Hispanic guy cheats.

Haha, guessing you saw the leaderboards :p The #1 person on there has a crazy time. Can't see myself reaching that.

Agent X

PSVita store DLC price hasn't updated.. Can I purchase it from the PS3 and transfer to Vita?

Yes, you can make the purchase on the PS3. I don't know if you can transfer DLC packs from a PS3 to a Vita, though (as I haven't tried it).

There's a vehicle pack that's currently free for PlayStation Plus members, but if you go to PlayStation Store on the Vita it still appears under its normal price (instead of free). I had to go to the PS Store on the PS3, where it appears for free, and "purchase" it there. After that, I turned on my Vita, went to PS Store on the Vita, then went to the purchase history and did the downloads from there.

Gen X

I posted a tip a few pages back on how to do it even if there are some insanely hard times. I was like you, thought I had no chance with only 4 Pit Walls beaten but a week later and I got my Plats.

anddo0

Yes, you can make the purchase on the PS3. I don't know if you can transfer DLC packs from a PS3 to a Vita, though (as I haven't tried it).

There's a vehicle pack that's currently free for PlayStation Plus members, but if you go to PlayStation Store on the Vita it still appears under its normal price (instead of free). I had to go to the PS Store on the PS3, where it appears for free, and "purchase" it there. After that, I turned on my Vita, went to PS Store on the Vita, then went to the purchase history and did the downloads from there.

Thanks that worked.

I purchased them on PS3 and then downloaded them via the Vita store.

mauaus

I posted a tip a few pages back on how to do it even if there are some insanely hard times. I was like you, thought I had no chance with only 4 Pit Walls beaten but a week later and I got my Plats.

Theres a very easy way, too lazy to check if its what you posted but i had a Friend on his vita (im on vita too) challenge me with a crappy time, i needed 3 more times on the wall so i beat all 3 challenges he sent, voila! it works.

I tried this with my PS3 (different account) to my Vita and for some reason my vita wont open the challenges sent from a Ps3.

Good Luck!

You can press square when viewing each event to choose between the different vehicles available to you for that event. Most of them will be locked away at the beginning of the game but you'll unlock more of them (as well as new paint jobs) as you progress. You can also go back a few more steps to the "main menu" and scroll all the way to the left to see all the vehicles you've unlocked. If you go into that menu you can set your default vehicle for each vehicle class.

Yeah, it can be really frustrating sometimes. I don't know if I'll ever beat some of these hot lap events...

Do they have different specs? I couldn't find any info on that. I know some of the special cards are way different, but I don't know about the rest. Is it more to the right = better?

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
How can I be better with Buggies? Absolutely hate how they control... ugh.
I'm awful with the buggy. The number of times I've had a good start only to brush another car and completely spin out and crash into a wall is too high to mention. Going over jumps i always manage to crash it too - in fact the only medal i still needed (until the DLC) in the Festival events was a buggy one in the cargo hold.

Absolutely love this game. The best of the Vita for me, by far - still can't believe it was free. I had written it off when I heard it didn't have simultaneous play but the asynchronous time/leaderboard stuff is perfect. $1.50 for the DLC is great too. Not sure where to go next... hot shots? katamari? the androgyne is pushing me towards Virtua Tennis but i'm not sold :p

Managed to get two medals in every event trophy, not even going to try three medals, Im frakin done, that was tough with those darn buggys

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Managed to get two medals in every event trophy, not even going to try three medals, Im frakin done, that was tough with those darn buggys
I tried stopping at 2 for each but my obsessive nature kept making me stay up til like 2am completing them all. Still got heaps to go now with the supercar + DLC.

I tried stopping at 2 for each but my obsessive nature kept making me stay up til like 2am completing them all. Still got heaps to go now with the supercar + DLC.

Yea its crazy, I was on the brink, the game just calls you to complete it, ha.

Flunkie

Banned
+1 buggy hate post

Loving this game though. And some of these are super hard to get 3 stars on, but I won't let myself move on to another race if I don't 3 star it. Some of your times are really good!

This game makes me want to go full dd how easy and quick it is to play it.

+1 buggy hate post

Loving this game though. And some of these are super hard to get 3 stars on, but I won't let myself move on to another race if I don't 3 star it. Some of your times are really good!

This game makes me want to go full dd how easy and quick it is to play it.

Beat my brains in trying this, it got to a point where I just had to feel how it was to win so I moved on and didnt go for threes.

I can't decide what's worse, the buggies in this or the ATVs in Pacific Rift.

Fucking pieces of shit. My heart sinks whenever I see a new event with Buggies.

Flunkie

Banned
Holy shit @ Super Car. Wow. I almost can't do this.

Was a pleasant surprise once I finished 3-starring all the initial levels. The last "normal" level in Pacific Rift with the Rally Car I believe is a fucking bitch.

Got all the trophies for the expansion today. Is it just me or was it easier than the original 4 Festivals? I didn't even have to go back and improve my times to get the 12 minute trophy, I got it immediately upon getting gold on the final event.

Top Bottom