• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MotorStorm RC |OT|

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Get ready...for some tasty DLC...DOMINOS PIZZA!

gI_582751_MotorStorm%20RC%20car%20white_blue_views.jpg

Domino’s Pizza, the pizza delivery expert, has teamed up with PlayStation to appear in the new MotorStorm: RC game with a Domino’s branded car.

MotorStorm: RC, which was launched last week, is the latest version of the classic arcade game. A Domino’s car is among the range of radio controlled vehicles which players can race across dusty deserts, dense jungles, icy terrains and post-apocalyptic cities. Domino’s car can be downloaded and raced on both the brand new PlayStation Vita format and PlayStation3, as well as being available free on the PlayStation Network store.

This new campaign, handled by Arena Media, for Domino’s builds on the company’s in-game activity, which most recently saw a Reggae Reggae Pizza Shack in Football Superstars for a new pizza launch. With its car in Motorstorm: RC, Domino’s is seeking to capitalise on the social aspect of gaming while introducing branded objects that add value to players in game.

Nick Dutch, multimedia manager at Domino’s Pizza, said: “We’ve had great success with our in-game activity to date and we are keen to continue reaching our core target audience in innovative ways. We loved the idea of giving PlayStation3 fans a free car to race in Motorstorm: RC and the launch of the much anticipated PlayStation Vita was an ideal to platform to make this happen. Our car is a smart-looking, mini mean machine and we’re looking forward to seeing how it fares on the MotorStorm: RC track.”

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/3/prweb9247705.htm

Well alright then.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Bought it. Still have to play it tho, waiting monday for my new (finally!) internet's provider contract to roll in.

Add me on PS3 if you like: dashkap

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Here's a tip for newcomers who want a platinum. Don't try and finish all the game first with heaps of golds and trying to get each area (Pacific Rift, Arctic Ice etc) in the 10mins and under for the gold. Makes the Wall Challenges harder to do if you have really fast times. Wish I had done them early on now.

Also, the sound is buggy, there are times I don't hear the sound of the engine revving and originally I thought it was my shoulder trigger that was naffed so pressed it harder. Ack.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Does the game support wheels and force feedback?
Loved playing Super Sprint and Super Off-Road at the arcade with a whell (although those where with non locked wheels so it might not be suitable with this game, haven't played it yet so dunno how similar the driving mechanics are as far as requiring infinite spins. Same reason playing those arcade games on MAME totally sucks with turn locked wheels like the G27 and such)

Was messing around in the playground last night and without doing anything special, a notification came up saying 'secret vehicle unlocked'. But that was it, i couldn't find any new vehicle in the playground nor did anything new appear to be in my collection of vehicles. Later the same message came up again in playground - anyone figured it out?

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Yeah

Score a certain amount of goals with the soccer ball to unlock a vehicle

Not sure how the other is unlocked as after I did the one I listed I got the trophy for unlocking 2 secret cars. It's possible the other is the freebie on PSN or it's to do with something else you do in the playground.

That's really weird cause 1 of my messages appeared while i was scaling the sides of the building, and the other just driving around the floor somewhere!

That's really weird cause 1 of my messages appeared while i was scaling the sides of the building, and the other just driving around the floor somewhere!

There are several ways to unlock secret vehicles:

- Two secret vehicles after scoring 10 and 20 goals at soccer in the Playground
- Two secret vehicles after scoring 10 and 20 points at basketball in the Playground
- Two secret vehicles after playing 1 and 2 hours in the Playground
- Two secret vehicles after beating 10 and 20 times in the Pitwall

You can select them by entering the vehicle collection menu and browsing the various models for each vehicle type.

The Vita version will be free in the US for everyone, thanks to Scion.
PS3 version will be $9.99, or $7.50 for PS+ members.

PS Blog Link

Pretty exciting news!

I'm confused. Wasn't the big deal about this release that we would be getting both for the price of one anyways? So I guess if I just wan the Vita version I can get it for free.

Yes but you still get both for the price of one. If you want. I'll be taking my one for the price of free instead though.

Yeah, it works out for the best in the end since all I want is the Vita version.

Himself

The wording seems a bit vague in the psblog post. Do I have to access the store with a vita to download the free version or can i get it on my ps3? Reason is I won't have a Vita until this weekend...

The wording seems a bit vague in the psblog post. Do I have to access the store with a vita to download the free version or can i get it on my ps3? Reason is I won't have a Vita until this weekend...

I'm sure you can do it either way. The free Vita one will probably say "sponsored by" on the PS3 but with a free download link.

But... but... we europeans payed already for the game!

I really don't understand it, the game is already a bargain with his "original" price.

Psykotik

anybody else having problems with your progress/saves being erased?

i played a bunch, unlocked some cars, tracks, posted some times and then quit.

started up the game again later and everything's gone! this is on both the vita and PS3 versions.

everything gone, except for the times i posted on the leaderboards. and even then, it's not even my current best times (like it never posted up my updated best time).

i have to unlock stuff to get back to where i was before, and even when i do, it doesn't save it!

so i'm pretty much starting from scratch everytime i play this game. WTF.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Any reason why my total time for the first set of tracks aren't being ranked? I completed 3 medals in everything but it shows me unranked for the set, even though I have rankings posted for all events in that set. And I'm sure I have a low enough time to get the trophy but it didn't unlock. Grr.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Any reason why my total time for the first set of tracks aren't being ranked? I completed 3 medals in everything but it shows me unranked for the set, even though I have rankings posted for all events in that set. And I'm sure I have a low enough time to get the trophy but it didn't unlock. Grr.
Cause you're not done yet. You have to beat all of the challenges from all the festivals to unlock the supercar challenges and each festival has some of them, and after you complete the stock 12 festivals and the unlocked ones, if they're under the time, you should get your trophy.

If you've already done that, then disregard what I said.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Cause you're not done yet. You have to beat all of the challenges from all the festivals to unlock the supercar challenges and each festival has some of them, and after you complete the stock 12 festivals and the unlocked ones, if they're under the time, you should get your trophy.

If you've already done that, then disregard what I said.

Ooooh okay. I only have 96 medals, so I'm not even done with the other stuff.

This game is awesome besides the only one complaint. I really wish the instead of "hold to reset position" it was "hold to restart" or have it mapped to the L trigger for insta respawn like Trials so I don't have to go into the menu to restart after the jerk AI breaks in front of me ruining the current run. Besides that, phenomenal game.

Greg

Just got the platinum. First game I finished in about a year... I thought my gaming love was on the decline. Even though there's a ton of room for improvement on times, it's pretty absurd that I'm ranked 5XX overall and I just now broke the 40-minute mark for the final trophy.

I cannot for the life of me get under 40:00 for the gold trophy. I'm stuck at 40:14 and it's killing me.
You can pick up huge chunks of time on the drift events. I knocked off the last 19 seconds I needed in about 30 minutes of doing the different drift events.

DMeisterJ

Banned
You can pick up huge chunks of time on the drift events. I knocked off the last 19 seconds I needed in about 30 minutes of doing the different drift events.

Yeah, I was looking at my drifting times, and I took 15 seconds off between the 3 that I redid, so now I'm at 39:58.

Now I just need to be challenged with a sucky time on a level so I can spam it and get the Wall Brawl trophy.

DBT85

This game is awesome besides the only one complaint. I really wish the instead of "hold to reset position" it was "hold to restart" or have it mapped to the L trigger for insta respawn like Trials so I don't have to go into the menu to restart after the jerk AI breaks in front of me ruining the current run. Besides that, phenomenal game.

Tap screen, down, tap screen. Event restart.

I cannot for the life of me get under 40:00 for the gold trophy. I'm stuck at 40:14 and it's killing me.

I got the plat about half an hour ago and was very pleased with myself. After getting every medal I still needed 30 seconds and I found most of that in the first 6 Arctic Edge races.

The most time is to be found on the longer races. The short ones you are only going to nab a second or two but the long ones you can easily get 5 if your first 3 medal pass wasn;t particularly great.

I also wish that the overtake events had my own ghost data at least.

My first plats and I loved it. Glad I was one of the many who had to pay :D

Yeah, I was looking at my drifting times, and I took 15 seconds off between the 3 that I redid, so now I'm at 39:58.

Now I just need to be challenged with a sucky time on a level so I can spam it and get the Wall Brawl trophy.

No need. Just look at each race to try and find a time you can beat. Then go to the pit wall and try and find that person, then hit triangle to see a list of some of their times. Find the one you want and hit X. Now if you beat their time you get "challenge beaten". Not everyone is on the pitwall at the same time and not all of their times are listed either so sometimes you just have to wait for them to change.

No need. Just look at each race to try and find a time you can beat. Then go to the pit wall and try and find that person, then hit triangle to see a list of some of their times. Find the one you want and hit X. Now if you beat their time you get "challenge beaten". Not everyone is on the pitwall at the same time and not all of their times are listed either so sometimes you just have to wait for them to change.

This never crossed my mind. You just helped me get that trophy and now I have the platinum! Thanks, lol.

Some random stats:

Took 8 hours to get the platinum.

Monument Valley time: 9:27
Pacific Rift time: 9:46
Arctic Edge time: 10:57
Apocalypse time: 9:35

Total: 39:46. Puts me at #235.

#4 on the leaderboards for the super car course "Meat Grinder".

This was an amazing game. Loved every minute of it. Will definitely purchase the DLC when it comes. I'll still play from time to time and try to climb the leaderboards. Now I can finally start Unit 13 and Rayman lol but then again, I have this itch to purchase Mutant Blobs Attack and Plants vs. Zombies...haha.

This game is pretty alright, but the Vita version runs like poop. The framerate sucks and there's tearing. Seems to be even worse when you choose the camera that shows more of the track.

depward

Does anyone have any tips for the supercharger events? They're kicking my ass. Do you guys brake at all? Just let off the throttle? Feather the gas during turns? Any tips?

Grinchy

Banned
Does everyone basically just use the aerial camera (on vita)? It makes the game run worse in certain spots but I just seem to suck with the other camera angles.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Your times are gross/crazy good.
Those times I clocked were ridiculously hard. My hand was stuck in a semi-claw position because of how tense I was with my hands wrapped around the Vita. My times are only okay, there are people who have times of 35 minutes for the whole festival, not 39+ like me.

UberTag

I'm having trouble with the "As Good as New" trophy (earn a medal in a race without touching an opponent or a barrier). I'm trying to get it on the very first event, Mixing Bowl, but no matter how carefully I drive, I don't get it. Any ideas? Tips? Feedback? Thanks.
Thanks for the help, I got it this morning on my second try, though I'm not sure what I did differently...
I hate this trophy because anyone that struggles with it and eventually "gets it" didn't do anything differently when they earned it.

I just think it pops inconsistently. I've driven Mixing Bowl several dozen times on PS3 and Vita with different RC cars, different camera angles and different approaches. I know when I hit a barrier and when I don't. Doesn't matter, though... trophy simply won't come. :(

crispyben

I hate this trophy because anyone that struggles with it and eventually "gets it" didn't do anything differently when they earned it.

I just think it pops inconsistently. I've driven Mixing Bowl several dozen times on PS3 and Vita with different RC cars, different camera angles and different approaches. I know when I hit a barrier and when I don't. Doesn't matter, though... trophy simply won't come. :(
I had trouble with it too. Now I'm stuck on the Gold medal for the final Apocalypse event, "Watch Out Below": I'm 0"091 too slow and it seems like I'm hitting a wall... It's my last medal, too, after that I just need to get my overall time under 40'. I hope posting about it helps me achieve it, as happens so often :)

Top Bottom