• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MotorStorm RC |OT|

DBT85

Before bed last night I was going to put a few laps in. An hour later I finally went to bed. That Rally car is mad.

Gacha-pin

Only tried the demo on PS3 and very tempted to purchase RC on UK store but that means I won't be able to play it on Vita unless I switch the account :(
Which do you like better, PS3 or Vita?

crispyben

I got it on the third try myself. If you manage to get past the first curve untouched then you should just take it easy since the AI is very very slow in the first event. Don't rush and play it safe. It'll pop up eventually.

Try to get to the lead at the very beginning like before the first corner or so. Then it's pretty much smooth sailing as the others will be driving really slowly. Don't pass the last one by a round as it will only increase your changes to fail.
Thanks for the help, I got it this morning on my second try, though I'm not sure what I did differently...

Closest to a platinum I've ever been, at 80%. But with 192/192 medals I now have 41:38 so a lot of shaving to be done to get it under 40:00!!! Cruel Evolution ...

Loving the game though, look forward to the dlc packs already!

SmokyDave

Only had a chance to play about half an hour over the weekend but, man, this is fun. Really looking forward to playing it on the Vita too. I expect the typical Motorstorm difficulty curve.

Curufinwe

I don't have a Vita but that EG review has got me very interested in picking up the PS3 version.

I love Micro Machines on the PS1, and I even liked RC Grand Prix on the Master System.

RCGrandPrix-SMS-1.png

NHale

Only had a chance to play about half an hour over the weekend but, man, this is fun. Really looking forward to playing it on the Vita too. I expect the typical Motorstorm difficulty curve.

To me it was a lot easier than any Motorstorm game (even Apocalypse) except for the events you unlock after getting 3 medals in the first 48 events.

Even those extra events are not as tough as the later events in Pacific Rift.

SmokyDave

To me it was a lot easier than any Motorstorm game (even Apocalypse) except for the events you unlock after getting 3 medals in the first 48 events.

Even those extra events are not as tough as the later events in Pacific Rift.

Ah, sweet. I love the Motorstorm series but the last handful of events in each game have just been a little too frustrating to hold my patience.

This seems a good place to ask: Is 3D Rift the 3D PSN version of Pacific Rift or is it cut-down in some way (tracks, cars etc)? I really want to own Pacific Rift in digital format if possible.

Joni

Ah, sweet. I love the Motorstorm series but the last handful of events in each game have just been a little too frustrating to hold my patience.

This seems a good place to ask: Is 3D Rift the 3D PSN version of Pacific Rift or is it cut-down in some way (tracks, cars etc)? I really want to own Pacific Rift in digital format if possible.

It is really cut down. Less tracks, less cars, less events.

Carl

So i'm onto trying to get the whole game below 40 mins. Currently at 41.50 - this is going to be fucking aggravating

NHale

So i'm onto trying to get the whole game below 40 mins. Currently at 41.50 - this is going to be fucking aggravating

The best way to improve are the pursuit and race events. You can easily gain 2-3 seconds if you don't make mistakes.

There is also a pursuit event on an Artic Edge event where you drive a buggy and I just accelerated through the banking on the corners and gained 15 seconds vs. slowing down a little before the corners.

test_account

XP-39C²
The "Wall Brawl" trophy is impossible to get for me :( The challenges i get there are incredible hard. I chose one challenge where my record was 36 seconds. Then i managed to get it down to like 30 seconds, but i still didnt beat the challenge. Hell, i get challenges to beat et8tiky4... (something like that) which seems to have the top/fastest times on almost each track, how am i suppose to beat 10 of those times?

I dont mind online trophies where you have to play for X amount or time or reach a certain level. But i'm not a fan of "dynamic" trophies like this, where the difficulty level can be impossible due to how good the other players are.

Carl

The best way to improve are the pursuit and race events. You can easily gain 2-3 seconds if you don't make mistakes.

There is also a pursuit event on an Artic Edge event where you drive a buggy and I just accelerated through the banking on the corners and gained 15 seconds vs. slowing down a little before the corners.

Yep, thanks for the tips, eventually managed to do it and got the platinum :)

The "Wall Brawl" trophy is impossible to get for me :( The challenges i get there are incredible hard. I chose one challenge where my record was 36 seconds. Then i managed to get it down to like 30 seconds, but i still didnt beat the challenge. Hell, i get challenges to beat et8tiky4... (something like that) which seems to have the top/fastest times on almost each track, how am i suppose to beat 10 of those times? I'm not a fan of "dynamic" trophies like this, where the difficulty level can be impossible due to how well the other players are.

Heh, i got lucky. Had a challenge from last week when someone had beaten a really shit time with a slightly less shit time. I just beat that one 10 times :p

test_account

XP-39C²
Heh, i got lucky. Had a challenge from last week when someone had beaten a really shit time with a slightly less shit time. I just beat that one 10 times :p
How did you do the same challenge 10 times?

But yeah, if i knew about this earlier, i would try to get this trophy as soon as possible. But it is unlikely that i will get the 40:00 trophy, so the platinum trophy would most likely be out of reach for me anyway.

I got the Platinum! Sub 40 wasn't as hard as I thought! Just work on all the longer races. I am cureently at 39:50. Also, when I got 39:59, I still needed wall challenges, but my friends were nowhere near. What I ended up doing is send a friend request to someone with 40:01 and explain I needed more pitwall times. Within half an hour he accepted and beat two of my times. I beat them back and got the trophy! Such a fantastic game. My very first platinum too!

test_account

XP-39C²
Got a challenge PSN message. Just beat it, go back to pit wall, and select it again. Rinse, repeat.
But wont the new time be registered once you beat it once?

I got the Platinum! Sub 40 wasn't as hard as I thought! Just work on all the longer races. I am cureently at 39:50. Also, when I got 39:59, I still needed wall challenges, but my friends were nowhere near. What I ended up doing is send a friend request to someone with 40:01 and explain I needed more pitwall times. Within half an hour he accepted and beat two of my times. I beat them back and got the trophy! Such a fantastic game. My very first platinum too!
Congrats with getting the platinum! :)

SmokyDave

Is there a topic somewhere with PSN accounts in it? My leaderboards are pretty bare at the moment :(

PSN: SmokiestDave. Feel free to add me and then demolish my times.

Feel free to add me on PSN to compare times :)

PSN: whiteylfc (same on both PS3 and Vita)

Done. See you on the leaderboards!

PSN ID: Benjamin81

I need more people for the Wall Brawl trophy. Those challenges the game provides me with are impossible to beat.

test_account

XP-39C²
It just says "Challenge beaten" then takes you back to the pitwall with the old challenge time still there in a message

I know it works, i did it last night and got the platinum :p
Interesting, maybe i have some track where my time sucks.

What exactly should i do? Find a track where i got a bad time, get a friend to beat it and then get him to send me a "try to beat my time" request, then accept this, and then go back to the Pitwall?

Congrats on getting the platinum trophy to you too =)

Is there a topic somewhere with PSN accounts in it? My leaderboards are pretty bare at the moment :(
Here:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=464258

Carl

Interesting, maybe i have some track where my time sucks.

What exactly should i do? Find a track where i got a bad time, get a friend to beat it and then get him to send me a "try to beat my time" request, then accept this, and then go back to the Pitwall?

Congrats on getting the platinum trophy to you too =)

Yeah that should work! Then just keep beating their time, should work fine.

PSN: PjotrStroganov

Really fun game! It can get frustrating but due to its pick up and play nature, it's easy to take breaks and try again later.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
gifts mostly.

You on PS3 anymore? Someone how your name cleared from my list when I was on my 4 month hiatus. Re-add me on Vita if you got the time.

You too Stroganov. I added you to my Steam list but so far we haven't had a game to really battle with. This one should fit the bill.

You on PS3 anymore? Someone how your name cleared from my list when I was on my 4 month hiatus. Re-add me on Vita if you got the time.

You too Stroganov. I added you to my Steam list but so far we haven't had a game to really battle with. This one should fit the bill.

i was doing some spring prune. had a few or so people that haven't logged into PSN for over a year lol.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
We might as well ask a Mod to make this the OT

Yeah. I haven't checked the OT but it was very informative and it's been out already. This one has had a good reception too. Hopefully Unit 13 has the same.

There you go, you didn't even had to ask TC. A good mod to the rescue.

Got all 144 medals and some Supercar hot lap events open up!

The buggy and rally cars offer such a nice control challenge - it can be wince inducing when you push too hard and tip over your buggy just as you're almost finished a course, but the feeling of satisfaction flinging it around a corner just right makes it all worth it! The Rally car is also nice and unique since you occasionally have to hit on the brakes rather than just off the accelerator like the other cars (cept Supercar i'm sure, haven't tried it on tighter courses yet)

It's so easy to restart that any frustration is short lived - and the ongoing music really makes it the perfect 'one more go!' game. I had high hopes for this game but it's exceeded all my expectations, best game of Vita launch for me!

They should nab the Micro Machines license for a new game in that series!!

orioto

Good Art™
Wow i tried that (the demo) and it felt horribly hard to control for me.. I can't quiet make my mind understand the right direction with the tick.. Maybe i'm just old, it wasn't that hard to play micromachine back then! Or is the d-pad a lot more intuitive ?

wouwie

I'm currently at 160/192 and progress is slowing down. Most remaining points come from the Supercar challenges.

Anyway, very enjoyable fun game at a very nice price.

Wow i tried that (the demo) and it felt horribly hard to control for me.. I can't quiet make my mind understand the right direction with the tick.. Maybe i'm just old, it wasn't that hard to play micromachine back then! Or is the d-pad a lot more intuitive ?

I had the same feeling but that soon went away by playing (i use the analog stick). Keep trying and hopefully it will click.

Madrical

Banned
Okay so I'm a huge, huge, huge fan of Micro Machines V3 for the PSOne (never played V4) and this looks rather promising. I don't have a Vita (I wish!) but is it worth it for my PS3? It has split screen, right?

Okay so I'm a huge, huge, huge fan of Micro Machines V3 for the PSOne (never played V4) and this looks rather promising. I don't have a Vita (I wish!) but is it worth it for my PS3? It has split screen, right?

Yes, definitely worth it for PS3. PS3 version has 4 player split-screen, 1080p graphics and 3D support even.

@orioto: select the arial camera (triangle) and see if that helps.

Top Bottom