• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

movie and tv show licensed games you really liked?

Back to the future: the game (telltale)
Ghostbuster the game (Wii and PS3 versions)

would have said telltale's walking dead but that was more based on the comic than the show

Eggbok

X-men Origins: Wolverine
Enter The Matrix
The Matrix: Path of Neo
Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith
Lord of the Rings: Return of the King
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (I really, really love this game)
Spiderman 2

Best part is I still play all these :D

Astro Boy: Omega Factor
Spider-man 2
X-men Origins: Wolverine (even if it loses steam pretty quickly)
Scott Pilgrim V.s. The World (favorite thing of that whole franchise)
Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

hal9001

Banned
One of my personal best underrated game:

The Simpsons Game
The controls may be clunky, some of the missions can be mundane but damn if this isn't one of the most enjoyable games of last gen. It has the funniest meta commentary on the gaming industry and even the EA president makes a cameo.

bartruns_lardlad.jpg

Wasp

One of my personal best underrated game:

The Simpsons Game
The controls may be clunky, some of the missions can be mundane but damn if this isn't one of the most enjoyable games of last gen. It has the funniest meta commentary on the gaming industry and even the EA president makes a cameo.
I fully agree.

We don't get enough platform games these days. Likewise we don't get enough local co-op games either. And here was a game that was both of those things.

I would love a sequel. It's a shame that EA have forgotten they own The Simpsons license apart from with that mobile game.

Digimon World

Technically, I think the game was made before the tv show, but came out in the US afterwards. It was a really hard game. Even with a strategy guide, I struggled with getting ultimates naturally.

Enter the Matrix

So much fun back then. I loved the movie cutscenes too.

The Simpsons Road Rage

My first PS2 game. I got it for Christmas when I got my PS2 and it was one of my most played games ever for years.

I also really enjoyed Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex for PS2. It was a solid third-person shooter with really nice graphics.

Captain_America_Super_Soldier.jpg

It's a really charming Arkham Asylum clone, really fun gameplay and shield shenanigans. Possibly the worst framerate I've ever suffered through in a game, though, which is a real shame. Obviously made on a shoestring budget with a harsh deadline, but it's great all the same. Made by the devs of Punch-Out Wii and Luigi's Mansion 2.

snaffles

I only just brought this up the other day in another thread but for me True Lies must be one of the most under appreciated licensed games of all time. It was such a fun shooter, I guess not a lot of people ever played it.
trueliesnyil7.jpg

impact

Banned
Buffy_the_Vampire_Slayer_Coverart.png

Solid action gameplay and awesome levels. Really enjoyed Sunnydale High, Angel's place, The Bronze, the cemetery, etc. The sequel is so bad though, even though it has playable Willow, Spike and Faith. The only Xbox family game I still own and I doubt I'll ever get rid of it.

EulaCapra

I usually love The Simpsons games or enjoy them for the most part.
mGG0IFj.jpg

Road Rage gets flak but it's a ridiculously fun Crazy Taxi clone.

Goldeneye 007 is the best one I can think of. Oh, those X-Men games on the Genesis. Maybe they're from the comics but I feel like if that cartoon never existed, neither would those games.

That's all I can think of. I played some really shitty ones early as a child and learned my lesson.

Ashtar

The Warriors for PS2 was an awesome beat em up. Extremely fun and a lot of content.
256px-Thewarriorscover.jpg

That game was great!

Indiana_Jones_and_the_Emperor's_Tomb_Coverart.png

This game was great, I don't care what anyone says it was uncharted before uncharted and it had better gameplay fight me about it!

gabbo

How were the Buffy The Vampire Slayer games from the GC/PS2/XBox generation?
edit: Well i guess I didn't scroll slow enough. :)

JC Lately

I was going to say something along the lines of “TellTale Games: The Thread” seeing as how I loved Back to the Future, The Wolf Among Us, and the Walking Dead so much. But then I remembered they also did Jurassic Park. Sooo…

I really wanted to like Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON’T KNOW, but not even my unabashed fandom for all things Ooo could slaves that boring piece of crap.

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World was so good it got me to buy the comic and rent the movie.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Star Wars: Dark Forces
Star Wars: Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight
Star Wars: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
Star Wars: Jedi Knight III: Jedi Academy
Star Wars: Pod Racer
Star Wars: X-Wing
Star Wars: Tie-Fighter
Star Wars: KOTOR
Star Wars: KOTOR II
Star Wars; Rogue Leader
Aladdin (SNES)
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Batman: Arkham City
Batman: Arkham Origins
Spider-Man 2
Ultimate Spider-Man
Maximum Carnage
Simpsons: Hit and Run
Ghostbusters (Wii/360)
Lord of the Rings: Two Towers
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World
Goldeneye

ALM5252

I love(d) these games!

Aaahh!!! Real Monsters (SNES)
Beavis and Butthead (SNES)
Tom and Jerry (SNES)
Simpsons Hit and Run (PS2)
Naruto: Clash of Ninja Series (GameCube - Wii)
GoldenEye 007 (N64)
GoldenEye 007: Reloaded (PS3)
007 Quantum of Solace (PS3)

Those are the only ones I can think of right now. :)

RK128

Agree with everyone's posts here but I'm a bit surprised that none of the Nick games during the PS2 days aren't here :(.

These are generally good games with solid gameplay, great visuals (notably Tak 2; a marvel to look a on the GC), great humor from the shows (heck, the games success even pushed Nick to make Tak into a show) and in the case of Tak, really fun multiplayer :).

Here is gameplay of the games to see my point :).

Spongebob Movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rg0BRdYBcM4
Spongebob Battle for Bikini Bottom: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TN8u8u8n6jE
Tak 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JG68Jllyu88
Tak The Great Juju Challenge: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swkQa3vQlN8

Kadin

As I post this response, GoldenEye is on HBO right now and when I saw it on the menu guide, I immediately wanted to throw in my N64 cartridge and play it. And the I remembered it's not hooked up and I'm in 'ultra lazy' mode right now.

Anyhow, without question GE is my answer.

RaikuHebi

Banned
Matrix Path of Neo. Only because I had just got into the film and the game had come out around the same time.

I'm sure it is a terrible game though.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
A lot of mine have already been mentioned, so:

From_Russia_with_Love_game_cover.jpg

Plus the first three entries of the Harry Potter franchise for the GC and the GBA. I really need to start the GBC versions one day.

Brother%20Bear%20(2).jpg

Brother Bear - Not a great game by any means but I had fun with it. The chase segments were cool. My sisters and I loved playing the last level over again.

Winnie%20the%20Pooh%20-%20Adventures%20in%20the%20100%20Acre%20Wood.jpg

Winnie the Pooh: Adventures in the 100 Acre Woods - I'm pretty sure the AI cheats in the board game mini-game. This mini-game collection is pretty fun though. The fishing one was my favorite.

Top Bottom