• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guess the next game to have a TV Show

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
After last of us, Halo and now fallout what is your personal pick for next game to tv adaptation and side note from here on out video game tv shows should be taken seriously. I’ll go with Hitman, I know there was a movie but it has all the material of a Netflix series.

We don't need another game, but...

Animated GIF

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
stella blade

*takes out tissue paper
I wouldn't be surprised anime studio make TV show out of this game, if it does Production I.G would be perfect for this since they done hard sci-fi show like this in the past.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Of all the major IPs that have existed and would translate well I actually think it should be elder scrolls.

You can do damn near anything with it.

CamHostage

I would figure the next game to get a TV show would be a SEGA title.

A bunch of SEGA brands have been in talks for a while, and SEGA has been actively shopping its brands around recently. (And by "SEGA", I also mean Atlus titles, as those have also been in discussion, with even a Persona adaptation on the table.) Assuming the God of War or Horizon shows don't get through development fast, I feel like one of those SEGA brands is bound to get though the development-hell gautlet.

Streets of Rage is already being made as a movie, as are Space Channel 5 and Comix Zone (albeit the company trying to do those has to count its returns on their Borderlands movie first...) Years back, SEGA was trying to get adaptations going of Altered Beast, Golden Axe, Crazy Taxi, Shinobi and others, maybe one of those projects is still warm. They already did Shenmue as an anime, and there are Yakuza movies... Wonder Boy has weirdly been one of their the most active franchises but that's not really "theirs" and those rights are complicated and there's no TV show there anyway....

I'm actually going to zag here and randomly say AfterBurner could/should be a show. It's getting a little late to swoop into the Top Gun Maverick slipstream, but pilots, jet planes, big guns, and speed could make for a killer weekly show.

Actually, we already know the next game to get a show: it'll be Knuckles, which will be on Paramount Plus on the 26th. (...But that's cheating.)

Last edited:
I would figure the next game to get a TV show would be a SEGA title (unless the God of War or Horizon shows get through development fast) as a bunch of those have been in talks for a while. (And by "SEGA", I also mean Atlus titles, as those have also been in discussion, with even a Persona adaptation on the table.) Streets of Rage is being made as a movie, as are Space Channel 5 and Comix Zone (albeit the company trying to do those has to count its returns on their Borderlands movie first...)

Actually, we already know the next game to get a show: it'll be Knuckles, which will be on Paramount Plus on the 26th. (...But that's cheating.)

Super Excited for Knuckles

GymWolf

Hopefully none, they are usually trash or they don't have nearly enough budget.

I already imagine horizon series when we are gonna see maybe one dinobot per episode and maybe 4-5 big action scenes in the entire season in a game where you constantly fight and see dinobots.
They are gonna bloat the episodes with cheap ass drama that nobody gives a fuck about.

Halo suffer the same problem, too much mc asscheeks, not nearly enough war and covenants.

FunkMiller

Hopefully none, they are usually trash or they don't have nearly enough budget.

Both The Last Of Us and Fallout are excellent.

I hope the days of rushed hatchet job video game adaptations might be behind us. Everyone's seen how successful well made video game adaptations by well known and talented showrunners can be.

My vote would probably also go to a Bioshock adaptation. Everything is there for a complex, interesting narrative.

Last edited:
Control.

The game is dripping with lore ripe for a series to properly delve into weekly. Finally my proper successor to Xfiles.

GymWolf

Both The Last Of Us and Fallout are excellent.

I hope the days of rushed hatchet job video game adaptations might be behind us. Everyone's seen how successful well made video game adaptations by well known and talented showrunners can be.

My vote would probably also go to a Bioshock adaptation. Everything is there for a complex, interesting narrative.
I didn't liked the casting of tlou and not nearly enough zombies but i heard good things about fallout.

Audiophile

I'd love a proper AC show, it'd have to be scored by Jesper Kyd though, perhaps with ESKMO/Brendan Angelides (his Mirage score is excellent).

Top Bottom