• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MoviePass (Unlimited Films in Theaters) Drops to $9.95 a Month

vulva

I think yesterday I had my most moviepass day yet. Went to go see Detroit, realized I had tons of stubs points so went to see Wind River at the fancy dine-in amc across the street after for dinner. Used all the stubs points I've gotten through moviepass to pay for 2 tickets and put down 25$ towards dinner, making mine and my gf's total bill for the day come to 18 bucks. That said, the server forgot about one of our items we ordered, so the staff gave us two passes to use at any AMC for any kind of screening.

Ashhong

So many good movie deals lately I'm not even stressed about this. Fandango has a BOGO free, T-mobile Tuesday usually has some, and AMC is only 5$ on Tuesdays. I can wait another week or so

Just signed up. There's only one theater in my immediate area that supports this but it's in walking distance.

Any chance theaters will pull out?

Wife and I got our cards today. Crazy it was that fast given the number of people that have surely signed up. Not that I really need them since our theater has eticketing. But, still cool.

Mengetsu

I know I'm most likely super late but the moviepass.com site shows you what theaters they support with a zip code input at the bottom of the page. Didn't know if that was there before since the site was down so much.

kaskade

I’m not seeing the card activation, but I’m on my phone. I had to run out when I got it so I didn’t have a chance to check it on my desktop.

crazyprac

Should've signed up when the deal was first brought up but I hesitated because I thought it was too good to be true. But seeing as some people have nice experience with it I'm kicking myself. Well I signed gf and I last night. With ppl that got their cards already how long did it take to get card? Bummer that nothing close to me has eticketing on the app.

Hey Guys,

I'm still waiting on the card. But when I log on to the app it doesn't show any theaters in my area. Anyone with the card having issues with this or issues with showing up to the theater with the app?

Hey Guys,

I'm still waiting on the card. But when I log on to the app it doesn't show any theaters in my area. Anyone with the card having issues with this or issues with showing up to the theater with the app?

It looks like it will only show theaters with e-ticket functionality in the provided ZIP code until you activate the card they send you. I myself just signed up though so that may be inaccurate

JTripper

The app is still fucked. Hope my card is on the way since I'd hate to have the month go by without a confirmation or anything and be charged.

Sean

Banned
MoviePass really needs to hire a user interface/experience designer or something. If it weren't for people in this thread explaining things, I'd have absolutely no idea how any of this shit works.

I don't understand why they don't just display all eligible theaters with a message saying "Here is where you can use MoviePass after your card arrives" or something. I feel like that would clear up a ton of confusion. Just showing a blank white screen with no theaters and the text "Request a MoviePass card" makes it seem like your initial signup didn't even work.

And then when you go to the "Cards" section it doesn't even say anything there either about your card being on the way, it just shows an "Order Card" button which is again super confusing. This app/service is several years old and it's lacking basic confirmation messages and things you'd expect from an initial app release. I'm not surprised by all the 1 star reviews on the iOS App Store.

But I'm glad people are starting to get their cards in the mail, hopefully mine arrives soon.

So if I have no participating theaters near me, I shouldn't even activate the free trial right?
having the physical card wont change anything?
I asked their tech support about this because I was having the same issue. Their response? "Don't use PayPal."
Wife and I got our cards today. Crazy it was that fast given the number of people that have surely signed up. Not that I really need them since our theater has eticketing. But, still cool.
They don't ship the cards out of their tiny NYC office. They have a external party do it for them who presumably knows how to deal with volume.

kaskade

I don't see anywhere on the site to activate it, there was no instructions in the little pamphlet that was sent with it to activate it either. I should've stopped at the theater on my way home to see if it would've showed up and worked.

dmackin01

Neo Member
I don't see anywhere on the site to activate it, there was no instructions in the little pamphlet that was sent with it to activate it either. I should've stopped at the theater on my way home to see if it would've showed up and worked.

Try deleting your app and reinstalling. When you click theater it should say, "Enter your card info" or something similar.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Well, I did something stupid. I activated my card as soon as I signed up because I thought that would give me access to e-ticketing. Turns out it didn't, and now my next billing date is already set. I probably won't even have the card until next week.

Well, I did something stupid. I activated my card as soon as I signed up because I thought that would give me access to e-ticketing. Turns out it didn't, and now my next billing date is already set. I probably won't even have the card until next week.

How did you get a card to activate as soon as you signed up? I'm still waiting for mine to show up

Do I need to "request a card" in the app or should there already be one on the way after signing up last week?

Also would like to know this, signed up last week too and figured the card would be sent automatically, I mean it'd be pretty stupid for them not to considering A) you're charged on signing up and B) only a handful of theaters support e ticketing as is. For shits and giggles I just selected order card in app and filled out address info (that was already entered beforehand) and hit submit but didn't get any kind of confirmation, just took me back to blank Theaters tab. Hope I don't have to wait an additional week to get it now :/

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
what if the $10 promotional deal ends in a month before you sign up?
I have some movie tickets that I got from work, so I'm okay.

So many good movie deals lately I'm not even stressed about this. Fandango has a BOGO free, T-mobile Tuesday usually has some, and AMC is only 5$ on Tuesdays. I can wait another week or so
AMC is $5 on Tuesdays? Is that for Stubs or Stubs Premier?

I liked that Edwards did that, but there's no Edwards in the south bay. 😐

CyReN

No idea on how to activate the card right now, tried the phone number they supplied and it's automated. Sent a email to see if it can be done - not sure why it's gone on the website now.

kaskade

No idea on how to activate the card right now, tried the phone number they supplied and it's automated. Sent a email to see if it can be done - not sure why it's gone on the website now.

I was browsing through their twitter and someone asked and they said it’s active and ready to use so I don’t think there’s any activation process.

CyReN

I was browsing through their twitter and someone asked and they said it's active and ready to use so I don't think there's any activation process.

I just see e-ticketing for my profile though.

I tried clicking on MoviePass Cards in the app and nothing shows but request too.

EDIT - Reinstalled the app a couple times and got it to pop up finally. Seems to be good now.

Ashhong

I have some movie tickets that I got from work, so I'm okay.

AMC is $5 on Tuesdays? Is that for Stubs or Stubs Premier?

I liked that Edwards did that, but there's no Edwards in the south bay. ��

Yup, as well as double rewards promo, and 5$ for popcorn+drink. Not bad at all! That 5$ popcorn/drink combo should go nicely with the MoviePass too once that comes in. Looks like for all Stubs members

https://slickdeals.net/f/10459232-a...ng-theatres?src=SiteSearchV2_SearchBarV2Algo1

I'm pretty sure I already ordered a card, but when I open up the cards section of the app, all I see is an "Order Card" button. Should I be seeing something else? (When I try to put in my address and submit it again, I get a vague error message.)

Top Bottom