• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mr. Robot season_3.0 |OT| Alexa, What Are the Berenstein Bears? - Wednesdays on USA

El Topo

Anyone know if S3 is going to be on Amazon EU this year?

It's already on German Amazon. Weekly episode, dubbed versions later this year.
I fear, given that Amazon slowly rolled out its service, that Amazon does not hold the rights for all of their (European) streaming regions. French Amazon e.g. does not have the show yet.

The path Angela started taking earlier on in the series interested me, but then I started getting slightly annoyed and confused by her character, but then when I realized that her long pauses are exactly like Elliot's but without us getting the inner monologue, I started being intrigued again.

What if she has her own Mr Robot? Maybe it's her other self that wants to manipulate Elliot, but her "real" self doesn't.

I don't actually expect her to have her own Mr Robot, but the thought of it still made me interested in her more.

Assuming Angela is the one and only personality, I don't completely buy that she's entirely against Elliot and on Mr Robot's & Whiterose's side.

Highly doubt it. In season 1 Angela flatout tells Elliot that she wishes she could talk to her mom the way Elliot talks to his dad, even if he wasn't real (in mirroring iirc).

Irminsul

I just watched episode 1 0, great stuff overall. I personally did like season 2, but the beginning was something to get used to. Now I'm feeling being drawn right in.

The one thing I didn't quite like was the "talking about hacking" in the broader sense, it felt closer to technobabble than in the past. It didn't help that a simple "ls" command provoked a "sending command" message (which a console, well, doesn't do) when in the past, the show was really faithful in doing hacking the way it actually works.

But maybe I just didn't listen close enough and all of what Elliot said in the hacking club actually does make sense the way he said it. Sure, CTF does, but I'm not so sure about the stuff that followed.

I just watched episode 1 0, great stuff overall. I personally did like season 2, but the beginning was something to get used to. Now I'm feeling being drawn right in.

The one thing I didn't quite like was the "talking about hacking" in the broader sense, it felt closer to technobabble than in the past. It didn't help that a simple "ls" command provoked a "sending command" message (which a console, well, doesn't do) when in the past, the show was really faithful in doing hacking the way it actually works.

But maybe I just didn't listen close enough and all of what Elliot said in the hacking club actually does make sense the way he said it. Sure, CTF does, but I'm not so sure about the stuff that followed.

I noticed that too, and there was an article where Kor Adana said that they had to cut a lot of the significant hacker game portions, so they opted to go with a simpler storytelling to get the plot moving. They knew it wasn't optimal but it got the job done.

CRS

New Episode Tonight!

eps3.1_undo.gz

Elliot becomes encouraged trying to undo five/nine; Darlene gets stuck between a rock and a hard place; Mr. Robot sparks a panic.

Johndoey

Banned
I'm so glad the show mostly avoided making intelligence a superpower like most other shows.
-
That's not a season three observation so much as just general praise for the show.
--
This is so good already.
-
That's an amazing reveal.

I hope this season stays on the same track as season 1 and the latter half of season 2.

So far it's been going at a brisk pace, and considering the descriptions of the next few episodes (won't post bc of obvious spoilers), it looks like it's going to continue that way.

ShadyK54

Damn you, Darlene. And damn @ Eliot.

Interesting preview.
I guess next week is set during the time Eliot was unconscious after Tyrell shot him? Just going off of Eliot in the gown.

Damn you, Darlene. And damn @ Eliot.

Interesting preview.
I guess next week is set during the time Eliot was unconscious after Tyrell shot him? Just going off of Eliot in the gown.

Semi-Spoilers for next week's episode:
Apparently, this is supposed to be a flashback episode dating the entire 3 days that Elliot could not remember. However, this is also supposed to be Tyrell-centric going off of what the description says. Whether it actually takes up the entire episode, I'm not so sure about.

Also holy fuck, I love this episode.

Top Bottom