• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MS CEO Satya Nadella says the Company had the chance to buy Minecraft before 2014

rrs

The XBO TV guide and focus on watching NFL while playing Xbox.
I blame this on deals that fell through on TV over IP services to the Xbox One, using it as a cable company Trojan horse to boost console sales. Instead, it resulted in a sticky mess of passthrough only TV and an expensive NFL deal not making desired returns. Hell, one of the leaked documents talk about a DVR addon for the Xbox One.

CookTrain

Uhhhh....because of Don Mattrick.

That was a good long time ago now. And all Phil has on his radar for us "Just you wait, it's coming!".

Unfortunately Phil has fallen down on the job of giving his games console the best shout at games. He's still acting like it's year one of his time in charge.

wapplew

This show Phil Spencer really is a visionary. He see the potential of a games before anyone else.
Bought Minecraft, signed PUBG before it got big, inventing new video game business models, leading iterative and generationless console approach etc.
Now that he is finally report directly to CEO, he get to realize his vision soon

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
My kids, though they have the merchandise, posters and games on various platforms, they do associate it with being on Xbox. My kids moved from the 360 to the One with the game so that is their perception. Not so much about Microsoft.

Fucking Don Mattrick

That was a good long time ago now. And all Phil has on his radar for us "Just you wait, it's coming!".

Unfortunately Phil has fallen down on the job of giving his games console the best shout at games. He's still acting like it's year one of his time in charge.

No he hasnt.

CookTrain

No he hasnt.

I love what he's doing with the hardware, with the crossplay, with the play anywhere, early access, how receptive they are to exposing OS stuff and taking that feedback... at the system level, Phil Spencer is doing things I really love.

But where are the first party games? Why is Xbox left out in the cold on so many third party offerings? He says a lot about the plates they have spinning internally and the wheeling dealing he's doing with partners... it's three years later and what is there to show for it?

Top Bottom