• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MS Gamer's Day - May 13th - Update Thread (OP continues on Post #6)

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Dr. Kitty Muffins said:
The fact that Showdown town is infinitely larger than anything Rare has ever made and you drive in it plus do missions, sidequests, collectathons, etc?

Same thing to me- just minus the whores, crime (like theft) and with a more E rated form of violence.

Sounds like Banjo with an awesome new twist to me. Calling it E rated GTA implies they've gone out of their way to change the formula but I really don't see that they've done that.

watkinzez

What is it with Rare and Comic Sa-

NeXuSDK said:
banjo4.jpg

FUCK

duckroll

NeXuSDK said:
Ok, I just wanted to share a few more of my pictures with all of you, to give you a bit more insight on some things.

Looks pretty nice. The interface is clean and it looks pretty fun. Better than the PR pics we've been getting. In fact- HEY WAIT A MINUTE THAT'S NOT NINJA BLADE! WHERE IS NINJA BLADE?! >_<

MCD

NeXuSDK said:
Ok, I just wanted to share a few more of my pictures with all of you, to give you a bit more insight on some things.

First a picture of the garage, where a construction is underway:
banjo.jpg

The construction continues. The numbers indicate how many objects in the category you are allowed to place on your contraption in total:
banjo2.jpg

And so this vehicle, designed from scratch, embraces the world:
banjo3.jpg

It now flies, thanks to a propella placed on top of it:
banjo4.jpg

And now for some quick real-time changes to the design:
banjo5.jpg

This other design with downwards-angled engines gets up pretty high:
banjo6.jpg

Another design with wings seems to get forward and steer a bit better:
banjo7.jpg

Artwork of a few vehicle pieces (we only got to play around with a few):
banjo8.jpg

And last, some VP concept art love :)
vp.jpg

quoted for the new page.

"Showdown Town is 16 times larger than anything RARE has created before."

hehehe.

pr0cs

Wow, that really looks interesting. Though hopefully they generate enough maps/levels/encounters where you have to use your head and imagination to complete the task.
Either way Banjo looks great, from someone who never played any of the previous Banjo games.

VP2 looks nice but I'll likely skip it, I bought VP on the GAF hype and was disappointed. Just not my type of game, I'm not much into trying to decypher what is needed in that much of an open-ended game.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Kafel said:
Yeah, is it a new trailer or we've already seen it elsewhere ?

new-ish... lots of cuts to the teaser trailer cg. pretty weak trailer IMO

op_ivy

looks really fun! cant wait to see the multiplayer. arena based vehicle combat? races? sign me the fuck up.

Stridone

Banned
McDragon said:
quoted for the new page.

"Showdown Town is 16 times larger than anything RARE has created before."

hehehe.

How is that positive? I don't want Banjo on some grand fucking scale. Banjo is cute and cozy, yet funny. There's no atmosphere at all from what I've seen.

I'll take this:

Banjo-Kazooie%20(2).gif

230px-N64_Banjo_Kazooie.jpg

over this:

i_467432-1.jpg

any day...

Stridone said:
How is that positive? I don't want Banjo on some grand fucking scale. Banjo is cute and cozy, yet funny. There's no atmosphere at all from what I've seen.

I'll take this:

Banjo-Kazooie%20(2).gif

over this:

i_467432-1.jpg

any day...

Well, I shall disagree. I've been wanting the platformer genre to evolve for quite sometime. 1998 gamedesign was fun back in the day but a decade has passed since then and it is time to branch out.

op_ivy

jarosh said:
they used comic sans in the actual game.

i don't know whether to laugh or cry.

people notice and care about these things!?

pswii60

Stridone said:
Who the fuck thought those vehicles were a good idea? I want classic platforming goodness, not this modern vehicular bullshit. This is not Banjo-like at all. I'm fucking dissapointed, Banjo is one of my favorite franchises...

I'd take a Banjo Kazooie HD remake over this...
Stridone said:

I'll take this:

Banjo-Kazooie%20(2).gif

over this:

i_467432-1.jpg

any day...
OK we get it. But this isn't "modern vehicular bullshit", it's contraption building to aid you in tasks. And Rare have confirmed that there's traditional platforming in it too. Nothing wrong with moving the franchise forward instead of staying stuck in the past.

pr0cs

op_ivy said:
people notice and care about these things!?

Yep, the font they used has a direct relation on my purchase decision or not. I'm not talking about the font size, just the font style.
Times New Roman or bust.!

Nolan.

pswii60 said:
OK we get it. But this isn't "modern vehicular bullshit", it's contraption building to aid you in tasks. And Rare have confirmed that there's traditional platforming in it too. Nothing wrong with moving the franchise forward instead of staying stuck in the past.

Well someone is always going to be left unhappy so just leave it at that, personally i'm liking the direction so far.

RattleHead_ said:
Squirt liquid?

I meant advantage to having it tacked on.

Walshicus

duckroll said:
If you concentrate hard enough, you can see the human soul.
How can I Duckroll!? Do I have magic glasses that searches into people's souls!? Well if I was to look into yours Duckroll it would be BLACK, black as the ace of spades.

;)

FrankT

No it is awesome in every sense of the word. It looks beautiful and the concepts seem like this game is going to be serious fun. When was everything starting today. Sometime after 8 PST?

pswii60 said:

Yeah, I'm really excited about being able (potentially) to have so much control over exactly how you tackle a platforming challenge.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I think everything looks great. I'm gonna have to take out a loan to buy all this stuff.

I'm interested in every game shown off by like every company since early January. :(

Top Bottom