• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MST3K Turkey Day Marathon 2016 |OT| We've Got Turkey Sign!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still love that Vidalia's plan was just throw white dudes out of windows to test them. And his blatant murders are just forgotten.

Sanjuro

# 5 - Pod People

fIkRpSc.jpg

Sliver

God how I dislike Pearl host bits compared to Frank/ Dr Forrester

Yeah, Pearl's host segments can be so unfunny, and go on way too long. One of the reasons I wasn't too worried about Felicia Day's Mad, especially since they're keeping these segments relatively short, according to Joel.

I never had a problem with Pearl but I usually skip segments on rewatches anyway, even the Forester and TV's Frank ones. I like Brain Guy.

gabbo

So, is the film used in the opening credits a film they riff at some other point? It looks like it would be.

gabbo

That's from The Crawling Eye, the first Comedy Central episode.

I mean the opening credits to Pod People. The lizard man killing people in some kind fo warehouse or cave, not the MST3K intro

"Hey it's Julie Andrews, and she's on FIRE!"
..."Good"

B.K.

I mean the opening credits to Pod People. The lizard man killing people in some kind fo warehouse or cave, not the MST3K intro

"Hey it's Julie Andrews, and she's on FIRE!"
..."Good"

That movie is Galaxy Invader. MST3k didn't do it, but Rifftrax did.

Evenball

Jack Flack always escapes!
The movie in the credits sequence is The Galaxy Invader.

Pod People: Footage from The Galaxy Invader in the credits, later riffed by Rifftrax.

Stranded In Space: Footage from Prisoners Of The Lost Universe in the credits, later riffed by Rifftrax

Cave Dwellers: Footage from Tor, The Mighty in the credits.

gabbo

Pod People: Footage from The Galaxy Invader in the credits, later riffed by Rifftrax.

Stranded In Space: Footage from Prisoners Of The Lost Universe in the credits, later riffed by Rifftrax

That's some Inception-level bad movie making/riffing

I did not know that.

Enk

makes good threads.
Finally watched the Rifftrax of film that's shown at the beginning of Pod People the other day, Galaxy Invader. For years I've always wondered why they were showing clips of a movie that looked unrelated to Pod People, but now I know. It was just one of the movies that the Pod People studio, Film Ventures, acquired from Moviecraft studios when they went under. So they just used clips from it since it had to do with aliens. While the film doesn't have that "Trumpy" charm the riff and the film itself was still a lot of fun.

Edit: Seems like this was just discussed, lol.

I wish Rifftrax (or the reboot of MST3K) would do Green Slime.

I think it was actually done in the original MST3K public access show (like pre-season 1), but I don't think it was ever saved sadly.

I remember loving the movie as a kid. One of the first bad movies I enjoyed for being so bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom