• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mueller Expands Probe to Trump Business Transactions

v3numb

The movie adaptations to this are gonna be ridiculous. I am seriously wondering how serious a tone they are gonna play it? House of Cards seriousness? Pain and Gain levels of stupidity? Arrested Development?!?!/
Anything above slapstick would be too high brow for how dumb this administration is.

Worst cover up in history continues.

Remember, this is brought to us by the same saga that gave us "I didn't meet with him because if I did I wouldn't tell you."

giphy.gif

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
To paraphrase our lord and savior Lester Freedman: "You follow the Russians, you get Russian agents and Russian handlers. You follow the money, and you don't know where you're gonna wind up".

Christian

I seriously let out a huge Snively Whiplash-style laugh at work upon reading the thread's title. Mueller gives ZERO fucks.

Sephzilla

Mueller getting fired is an incredibly huge long shot, guys. Trump would need to fire Rosenstein and then appoint another deputy AG who would then terminate the Muelller investigation. Plus, on top of that, I'm pretty sure Schiff and the House committee have already said that they'd reappoint Mueller as a special investigator if Trump would pull something like this.

Mueller aint going anywhere.

k0VolOA.gif

So he's getting fired soon.

Adam Schiff already said if Trump fires him, the House Intel Committee will immediately appoint him Special Counsel to their investigation and he'll keep right on going.

Not to mentioned that firing a SECOND guy who is leading an investigation is obstruction of justice.

Tacitus_

Yeah, this guy will be fired soon. Trump is not going to let someone send him to jail. Especially when he has the power to remove them from the equation.

This is why some of these investigation details need to kept secret. Good job running this story, Bloomberg.

He can't fire him directly though. And the guy who can has stated that he's not going to fire him. So Trump needs to fire that guy (which he can) and then find a replacement willing to fire Mueller.

JettDash

Mueller should coordinate with New York authorities on this. Trump can't do anything about a state investigation.

FyreWulff

I wonder if he sincerely thought Mueller would be like "oh the president said I'd better not look into his businesses, guess I'd better obey"

Trump has gotten used to decades of everyone in his companies being kissasses. Mueller isn't falling for any of his "alpha" bullshit.

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.
Adam Schiff already said if Trump fires him, the House Intel Committee will immediately appoint him Special Counsel to their investigation and he'll keep right on going.

Are we sure Republicans on the committee would do this though?

The movie adaptations to this are gonna be ridiculous. I am seriously wondering how serious a tone they are gonna play it? House of Cards seriousness? Pain and Gain levels of stupidity? Arrested Development?!?!/
I want something between Curb Your Enthusiasm and Arrested Development.

Just take all the script pages from Veep, Arrested Development and House of Cards and put them in a deck shuffler.

Tovarisc

AFAIK Trump can't fire Mueller. He would have to have Rosenstein do it, or fire Rosenstein to find someone who WILL fire Mueller.

He most likely would need to cut DOJ all the way to the bone in order to find anyone willing to do career suicide and become unhirable by any firm or corporation practicing law.

RPGCrazied

If Trump is smart(he isn't), he would fire Mueller and then resign.

Mueller is going to end up finding something really bad in his finances that could get someone close to him arrested.

Not to mentioned that firing a SECOND guy who is leading an investigation is obstruction of justice.

Schiff said this? That would be great.

boiled goose

good with gravy
Yeah, this guy will be fired soon. Trump is not going to let someone send him to jail. Especially when he has the power to remove them from the equation.

This is why some of these investigation details need to kept secret. Good job running this story, Bloomberg.

Trump knew this already. Which is why he threatened mueller earlier.

Details coming out is good. Makes it clear why firing happened instead of them being allowed to make excuses like they tried and failed to with comey.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
"Single greatest witch-hunt in history! They couldn't find any evidence of collusion, so they are going after my mega rich companies! Sad!"

Mueller getting fired is an incredibly huge long shot, guys. Trump would need to fire Rosenstein and then appoint another deputy AG who would then terminate the Muelller investigation. Plus, on top of that, I'm pretty sure Schiff and the House committee have already said that they'd reappoint Mueller as a special investigator if Trump would pull something like this.

Mueller aint going anywhere.

k0VolOA.gif

Trump can directly fire Mueller repealling the act that. We've established this before.

WaPo said:
The president, therefore, would have to direct Rosenstein to fire Mueller — or, somewhat more extravagantly, Trump could order the special-counsel regulations repealed and then fire Mueller himself.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/post...now-i-wrote-the-rules/?utm_term=.ad4d0306ad8d

Schiff doesn't hold the power to do that.

AFAIK Trump can't fire Mueller. He would have to have Rosenstein do it, or fire Rosenstein to find someone who WILL fire Mueller.

See above.

Listen: You. Do. Not. Want. Trump. To. Fire. Mueller.

Yes, it will look horrible. But there's no guarantee Congress would hire Mueller back. It will also look horrible for them as well. There's no guarantee Mueller has set up ways to pass his findings to someone like the NYAG. We would hope so, but that's it.

Firing Mueller would be an absolute shit show in the public. But Republicans will just nod and say that the President has that power.

Future

Either this is gathering a huge pile of evidence that actually will create a rock solid case that is indisputable, or another example of non stop investigation leading to nothing as usual

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.
If Mueller were to find something like money laundering that has nothing to do with Russia, could he still pass that on to prosecutors? I'm curious if we could see the whole Trump real estate empire topple, including Junior and Eric.

Top Bottom