• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mueller teams up with New York attorney general in Manafort probe

I really feel congress should get started on an amendment to spell out the President's powers. (Remember, amendments do not require Presidential signatures)

- Can't pardon himself nor family
- Can't pardon crimes related to president
- Must cut off financial ties when becoming president
- Can't declare war without congressional approval.
etc etc etc

I really feel congress should get started on an amendment to spell out the President's powers. (Remember, amendments do not require Presidential signatures)

etc etc etc

Requires a mental health screening once per year to determine if fit for duty.

Sephzilla

etc etc etc

I'd also throw in "can't pardon for crimes not formally accused of yet"

kris.

Banned

giphy.gif

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
A number of laws over the decades have effectively given the president the power to throw soldiers around first and ask for permission later, or never.

The congress around Bush 43 threw out that law after 9/11. We did a lot of scary things in hindsight after 9/11...

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Somewhat related but on Twitter, "Trump Raises" was trending. It's about an NYT opinion piece on the possibility that Trump is raising an army of crazies to have a coup once Mueller makes his move.

Bit hyperbolic.
But I keep seeing these NYT articles trend, and reading the tweets I realize now why. The crazies keep accusing the Times of paying to trend, but the reality is they're so busy spamming the idea that they're paying to trend, they inadvertently cause it to trend.

That's my guess anyway.

Somewhat related but on Twitter, "Trump Raises" was trending. It's about an NYT opinion piece on the possibility that Trump is raising an army of crazies to have a coup once Mueller makes his move.

Bit hyperbolic.
But I keep seeing these NYT articles trend, and reading the tweets I realize now why. The crazies keep accusing the Times of paying to trend, but the reality is they're so busy spamming the idea that they're paying to trend, they inadvertently cause it to trend.

That's my guess anyway.

thats being pushed by roger stone and russia bots

Maybe. He only won his elections 55-45.
Well, 55-43 and 55-41. Those are pretty solid margins, and 2018 is probably going to be a good year for Democrats in general. Trump's approval in NY is likely sub-30 now. I can't predict where things will be in a year, but it's hard to imagine there will be any serious risk of Schneiderman losing. Money can only sway the results so much.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
His kids continue to show that they are fucking stupid pieces of shit.

You know, if a guy is so weak that he can't take any criticism wanting to kill himself, then maybe he's not fit to run a fucking country?

Second, he's certainly depressed a whole lot of other people in the country (and the world!) with his endless bullshit. So why should he be the only person who can plug his ears to it?

Top Bottom