• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Muramasa Rebirth |OT| Japanese-tastic 2D Vanillaware Action, Reborn in HD

cyborg009

Banned
Yes, two of them.
One for getting all 3 endings as Momohime and another for Kisuke's 3 endings as well. Both are gold trophies.

Damn I was hoping the game would let me play that fury with all the swords I collected. Anyways which character is best to use for the 3hr trophy and what mode?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Damn I was hoping the game would let me play that fury with all the swords I collected. Anyways which character is best to use for the 3hr trophy and what mode?
I did it with Kisuke. I felt his bosses were much easier. Make sure to find/buy a decent amount of bronze mirrors. It'll REALLY help when you need to backtrack to the next location. I was able to get to the final save point before the last boss with about 2 hrs and 21 minutes. I think if you get there at about 2 hrs 40 minutes, you should be fine.

Noi

So! I am playing up to the Giant Centipede boss as Keisuke.

How to defeat these folks I wonder.

Also, Long Sword sucks :( Or maybe I am just so sucky at them.

Long Sword normal attacks do suck, with the saving grace being that the air attack is combo heaven. I pretty much pull them out just to spam exploitable secret arts.

It's kind of unbelievable how good this game looks on the Vita's screen. I have the Wii version, and it did NOT look this good even though the assets are all the same. What a difference some extra resolution makes.

I couldn't find purple snow maidens. I'm just using the snow maiden den to level.

Are you playing as Momohime right now? Don't think it really matters though. In any case, are you using the grind spot that is one screen over from a save point? If that's the case just go the next, story required area and you'll pass them. If you backtracked just go up and to the right I think.

Noi

I'm not certain, but I think the snow maiden cave actually gives less EXP per kill than the ones up in the mountain. I felt like I was getting more, anyway.

It allows you to forge and equip high level weapons and use their secret arts. Enemies scale in health and damage dealt(as well as xp given) so the health really means nothing.

Not everything in the game scales, only "random" map encounters and postgame boss fights do. It's possible to be overleveled for a story boss and have more health than he can realistically take out before you're done mashing him to death. Same with Evil Caves, there's a reason why there's a recommended levels before attempting them.

I'm not certain, but I think the snow maiden cave actually gives less EXP per kill than the ones up in the mountain. I felt like I was getting more, anyway.

Not everything in the game scales, only "random" map encounters and postgame boss fights do. It's possible to be overleveled for a story boss and have more health than he can realistically take out before you're done mashing him to death. Same with Evil Caves, there's a reason why there's a recommended levels before attempting them.

I don't know, I was doing the frog Caves recommended for level 29 at level 99 and one frog blast would take out a few thousand hp. Same went for most things in the game. Game was never really difficult though because one can spam the arts and blacksmith items. So due to that I can't really speak for the bosses as most are pretty easy to take out. Still lost health very quickly when hit by their attacks, you sure damage for bosses doesn't scale at all?

Noi

Maaaaybe damage scales a bit then, but it's never to a point where having a level far above the recommended doesn't matter. You still get a shitload of extra health that gives you enough time to react and move away/heal up, versus just getting destroyed outright if you get hit 2-3 times in quick succession. I'm pretty certain enemy health doesn't scale, at the very least, so having stronger swords makes them die quicker.

Jinaar

I'm getting old. 7 hrs into the game, close to the end and I just learn about Secret Arts. I'll say this, so far I've beat every boss up until now without em. Groan... I wonder how much easier the game would have been to use some of those great Arts. Final Act now for Momohime.

Beat Torahime last night. Game's a bit easier than I remember it, though that may just be the controls being less awkward compared to the Wiimote/Nunchuck scheme on the Wii version.

One question, though...how do I
unlock the second and third endings ?
When I played it the first time I only saw one ending for each character.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
2nd ending: Equip both swords you get for beating Momohime's & Kisuke's stories (Descent into Misery & Threads of Fate), then beat the final boss again

3rd ending: Equip the Oboro Muramasa, which is obtained by making all 108 swords, then fight the last boss.

Noi

Beat Torahime last night. Game's a bit easier than I remember it, though that may just be the controls being less awkward compared to the Wiimote/Nunchuck scheme on the Wii version.

One question, though...how do I
unlock the second and third endings ?
When I played it the first time I only saw one ending for each character.

Beat the final bosses with the two swords you got for beating the game equipped.
Threads of Fate and Descent into Misery.

Edit: Zonic beating me, I'm getting rusty.

2nd ending: Equip both swords you get for beating Momohime's & Kisuke's stories (Descent into Misery & Threads of Fate), then beat the final boss again

3rd ending: Equip the Oboro Muramasa, which is obtained by making all 108 swords, then fight the last boss.

Thanks! Sounds like it's going to take a while to get that third one. :)

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
2 more trophies left... Basically the Fury trophies.

I don't know if I want to do this, the first boss in Kisuke's story is beating my ass already. :/

Noi

I don't know if I want to do this, the first boss in Kisuke's story is beating my ass already. :/

Spam cyclone when about to get hit = win. It even hits when the boss is on the ground after landing from being launched.

Paches

That is one of the ones I had the hardest time with, actually. There are like 2-3 that took me 30+ minutes of attempts, but the rest are actually not as terrible as you would think.

Also, is there a handy list of all the accessories? That is one of the only trophies left I need and I need to start seeing which couple I have missing.

Roubjon

That embarrassing moment when you never actually press the O button until 7 hours in.

That reminds me of that time my old friend played through all of Star Ocean 3 without knowing there are special attacks. And my other friend who didn't know about the sphere grid in FFX.

JWong

Banned
Question: I only need to beat the last boss on Chaos for the trophy, right?

And I need a new game for the 3 hour playthrough?

Noi

There's no trophy for doing anything in Chaos, only Fury mode. And the 3 hour run requires a new game if you didn't do it for either character on your first playthrough, yes.

JWong

Banned
There's no trophy for doing anything in Chaos, only Fury mode. And the 3 hour run requires a new game if you didn't do it for either character on your first playthrough, yes.

Oh yeah hmm that's what I meant.

So fury mode would have to be done on a new save+? That's a lot of time...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Question: I only need to beat the last boss on Chaos for the trophy, right?

And I need a new game for the 3 hour playthrough?
You have to beat the last boss as one of the characters on Chaos to unlock Fury, and that's it. So try to pair it with getting one of the other endings (perhaps as Kisuke).

Noi

Where did you read that?
I haven't heard a thing about the DLC (whether it's still coming or not and/or region-locked).

All the stores are region-locked for digital content, DLC included, since you can only have one account on a Vita at a time.

I do think basing the purchase on the DLC is silly though. As far as we know, the DLC literally doesn't exist yet.

If I import this I know I won’t be able to get the DLC, but if the game eventually comes out in Australia and the DLC is put up on the Australian store, I’ll be able to download the DLC and use it for the US imported game right?

I won’t have to buy a PAL copy to use the DLC will I? And if that was the case, will I have two trophy lists appear for both the PAL version and the US version? I need to know because I think I’m gonna order from Play Asia...

Shin

Banned
All the stores are region-locked for digital content,

Ah yea, was too sleepy to think when I wrote that.
As for the DLC I do hope it gets released, perhaps after Dragon's Crown comes out.
Fury mode is a pain in the ass, sword keep breaking...I need more practice.

I picked the harder difficulty and I was getting worked by the last boss (girl with evil wards) but I got through it.

I haven't had a ton of time to play but I'm moving along.

I can't even imagine playing with on the fury mode.

Top Bottom