• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Murphy Bed promotional song may be the most racist thing I've seen in a long time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izuna

Banned
My Chinese girlfriend from Cambodia said this was okay and not offensive, so I'm not sure why anyone is worked up over this.

ZjwnI2l.png

Let's dispel this notion that she doesn't know what she is doing, she knows exactly what she's doing. Also, my son's girlfriend's daughter who is Karen says that this is funny and not racist so it's okay GAF!
not serious

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
The warning before the video might be more offensive than the video. It's a toss up.

She's really owning whatever the fuck this is in that new video. Haha wow

I'm offended by the pure stupidity of that commercial and just how brain-dead and clueless she is and I haven't even seen the other one.

Media

I dunno...the first video was horrible, but it seems more like she's making fun of herself in this one. I could be really wrong though.

Fuck this is some very advanced cringe right here. I cant believe she got through that whole song with the Asian lady right there. Not a pause, a moment of hesitation, nothing. This is like the least likable woman on planet earth.

Venture

I imagine her thought process was "I'll get an actual Asian person to play along this time so no one can call me racist!"

Moron.

Breads

Banned
Second time in one day some person made a video telling me it's satirical and meant to be an attempt at humor as if that's supposed to make it okay how super racist it is.

So I watched the original and her other videos in this thread.
How do these people exist. Is self awareness just not a thing anymore?

Necro'ish thread bump

She clearly took the criticism of her original video to heart and created a new "Drive like a Neenja" advertisement.
https://youtu.be/FkELd1lYM8g

Ding my door if old.

Ha ha ha ha it's great when we can own our mistakes and laugh at them am I right

It's so much better than learning from them

How brave of her to utilize her own racism to promote her personal brand! Maybe she will run for president one day

Corpekata

Banned
New video might be even worse since it focuses so much on her making "funny" faces.

I imagine this is going to fall flat. Very few unintentional viral video makers do well when they try to lean in to their "success."

You can actually see it on her youtube page. She has some Underwear Batman video with a million views. Then another with 400k. Then a few more with 100k, and a few more with even less and it's clear she's just putting the name in her title, which is hilariously desperate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom