• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Must have PS4 exclusives?

Dutchman

Neo Member
Avoid The Order 1886

Don't do this. The game is short, but not bad at all. Also it's probably one of the best looking games ever made (including PC). If you can get it cheap it's a good sunday afternoon.

Shantom

Bloodborne, Ratchet & Clank, and Resogun are really the only "must-play" PS4 exclusives in my opinion.

Depending on your taste though, other good exclusives include:

Retail
- Infamous Second Son
- Until Dawn
- Driveclub

Digital
- Helldivers (On Vita and PS3 as well)
- Everybody's Gone to the Rapture
- Infamous First Light

Quality Ports
- The Last of Us Remastered
- Uncharted Collection
- Tearaway Unfolded
- Gravity Rush Remastered

Helldivers and Rapture are both on PC now as well.

Sulik2

Bloodborne, Until Dawn, Infamous Second Son and Resogun. Driveclub is supposed to be decent, but I don't really play driving games.

Hedrush

The PS4 barely has anything worth getting and it seems like it will be like that until Persona 5.

giphy.gif

The lack of Street Fighter V mentions is depressing.

Considering the main concern about the game is that the bulk of its content simply isn't there yet to justify the $60 price at the moment (compared to when it'll be cheaper and more complete later in the year), it's disheartening but not entirely unfounded.

Also OP mentioned that if a game is playable on PC they'll just play it there, and SFV has a PC version.

Beast780

Bloodborne
Driveclub
Destiny (I'm hoping the next Destiny comes to PC)
Uncharted 4
MLB the Show (only if you like sports games and baseball)

Neoxon

Well he won't lose any money by waiting for it to be up to snuff then.
In modes or roster? Modes will be more-or-less caught up in June (Arcade Mode aside, which would probably take a while since they'd have to get the voice actors back in the recording booth). Character count may take 5 years (about how long it took SFIV's roster to get where it is now).

jb1234

God of War 3 was Remastered?? Interesting! Played the first and loved it!

I'm not sure if I'll like Uncharted. It's hard to call for me really. Anything you guys can compare it to? Would it be like Tomb Raider? I played it for 3 hours and kinda got bored.

There's a demo of the Uncharted Collection. Try it out!

AlanOC91

Can I also ask you guys a quick question? From what I know of, PS4 games install on the HDD before first time play? If so, is it normal for them to install in roughly 30 seconds? Or should I be doing something else manually?

Duxxy3

Bloodborne
Ratchet and Clank
The Last of Us

There's some good exclusives, but I'd say those are the only must haves.

Can I also ask you guys a quick question? From what I know of, PS4 games install on the HDD before first time play? If so, is it normal for them to install in roughly 30 seconds? Or should I be doing something else manually?

It usually takes me 10 sec max, but I wouldn't worry if its taking 30 sec, still almost nothing. I've never done anything manually.

AlanOC91

It usually takes me 10 sec max, but I wouldn't worry if its taking 30 sec, still almost nothing. I've never done anything manually.

Sorry I didn't time it exactly but it just felt extremely fast! haha. I'm comparing this to 360 install times which took aaaaages. I just assumed it would be the exact same here so I felt it wasn't fully doing it.

Disgaea 5
Resogun
Until Dawn
Driveclub
MLB: The Show
Alienation (out on the 26th, looks fantastic)
inFAMOUS First Light
Gravity Rush Remastered
Tearaway Unfolded
The Last of Us Remastered
Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection
God of War III Remastered

Until Dawn is terrible. Don't listen to these people.

I didn't like the Infamous games on PS3. No reason to believe that Infamous SS would be any better.

All I care about is Bloodborne and the PS3 remasters from Naughty Dog.

kennyamr

Get Journey, really great game... so good.
You can try getting Final Fantasy Type-0 (Day 1 edition) from the Square Enix Online store. I think those still come with the Final Fantasy XV Episode Duscae demo.
Disgaea 5 (try the demo first).
The Uncharted Collection to be ready for Uncharted 4.
The Order 1886.
The Last of Us Remastered (lock it at 30fps on settings).
Infamous Second Son.

dmshaposv

Don't do this. The game is short, but not bad at all. Also it's probably one of the best looking games ever made (including PC). If you can get it cheap it's a good sunday afternoon.

I spent $10 on the order and still felt ripped off.

It is a mediocre game, and there are just many more less good looking but much better playing PS4 exclusives people should invest their money on.

Sorry I didn't time it exactly but it just felt extremely fast! haha. I'm comparing this to 360 install times which took aaaaages. I just assumed it would be the exact same here so I felt it wasn't fully doing it.

Well the 360 had to fully install the game before you could play it, the PS4 installs the first bit so you can start it and keeps installing while you play that beginning part.

Out now:
Bloodborne
Ratchet & Clank
Driveclub
Infamous: Second Son
Infamous: First Light
Resogun
Until Dawn

Worthy Remasters:
The Last of Us: Remastered
Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection
Gravity Rush: Remastered
God of War 3: Remastered

Best wishes.

Kinda off topic, but reading this thread got me to check out Aliennation. What is wrong with that game? At first I became very interested but there is very little preview info for it and it doesn't have local co-op. How do you have a game like that without local co-op? Unfortunately it's now being put in the wait and see category.

Until Dawn
If you're into racing games Driveclub is a very solid choice.

InFamous Second Son and it's standalone DLC First Light are worth a go.

Oh yes, how could I have forgotten? The newly release Ratchet and Clank game is also awesome.

Oh and Bloodborne. Perhaps the best exclusive on the console that isn't a remaster.

It's a bit sad that one of the most listed must-have "exclusives" on the PS4 is also one of the most listed must-have exclusives on the PS3, which is The Last of Us. In a way I am glad though because since Souls games don't interest me I haven't felt any desire to buy one.

But since it sounds like you didn't have a PS3 or Vita, I will add my support to The Last of Us, obviously. I bought my PS3 to be able to play it and it was so worth it. (Although, if my PS3 hadn't died then Persona 5 might have also added to the justification.) I didn't really like the Uncharted games (I played one and two) so I won't recommend them.
But Beyond: Two Souls and Tearaway were also really fun on their respective other consoles too.

Tearaway is mediocre and not worth the money unless on an extreme sale. The only thing it has going for it is its amazingly well-executed papercraft graphics.

DigSCCP

Man check it out the Flash Sale thats going on right now.
Tearaway for less than US10.
I think Beyond is over there too.
You didnt have a PS3 so there is a lot of ports you should not miss, besides the ones everybody already said ( Uncharted, Gravity Rush, TLOU, GoW3, etc ) i would add : Journey !
And other game that no one said, ok isnt exclusive but you cant play on PC, is Destiny.

Uncharted 4, Driveclub, Uncharted Collection, Last of Us Remastered, Alienation, Resogun, Until Dawn, Tearaway

Kinda off topic, but reading this thread got me to check out Aliennation. What is wrong with that game? At first I became very interested but there is very little preview info for it and it doesn't have local co-op. How do you have a game like that without local co-op? Unfortunately it's now being put in the wait and see category.

They are adding local coop at some point

Top Bottom