• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MVC3: Sentinel and Hsien-Ko REVEALED [Up2: Footage Leaking, Meme Debates Ensue]

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
akilshohen said:
No video so far. Everything is dated for tomorrow actually, the Capcom Unity link wasn't working for me when it was first sent in the release.
By any chance did you recieve screens of two other DLC characters?

God's Beard said:
SHUMA LOOKS SO FUCKING COOL AND HES BIG NOW OMG

CSPp1.jpg

DEVITALIZATION GLOWS LIKE A MOTHERFUCKER HOLY SHIT
devitalization is his command grab where he picks them up and slams them down, not his life-sucking grab.

Is someone making a new thread for us to all move to with these new screenshots?

--

I wish I knew who to use in my team besides Dante/Lei Lei... definitely need a second girl.
Also need to figure out who to use until I can unlock Lei Lei. Maybe I can just grind out mission mode for Dante and a few other potentials to get enough PP to unlock Lei Lei.

akachan ningen said:
devitalization is his command grab where he picks them up and slams them down, not his life-sucking grab.

I call it devitalization because he sucks their will to live yo. Shuma exists beyond your human language.

corrosivefrost said:
Is someone making a new thread for us to all move to with these new screenshots?

--

I wish I knew who to use in my team besides Dante/Lei Lei... definitely need a second girl.
Also need to figure out who to use until I can unlock Lei Lei. Maybe I can just grind out mission mode for Dante and a few other potentials to get enough PP to unlock Lei Lei.

I already did.

Kimosabae

Banned
enzo_gt said:
I get what your saying. Basically then, I'm arguing for a code of ethics (again a construct) with a hard lined border between exploit and tactic. When I really, really want to win at something, I do not consider using anything that is by my definition cheap or exploitable. This is not like saying that in a real life fight with someone that I wouldn't punch them in the balls, more like, I wouldn't press the button that blows up the earth and subsequently them as well.

And I thought said blow up the earth obscenities (exploits) are usually banned in tournaments anyways? What's the reasoning behind that? A subjective, yet constructed agreement on a set of ethical rules to follow? Is the agreement part not the bit that separates such exploits from skillful tactics?

From the competitive perspective you're only limiting your own potential as a player.

There are plenty of people unfamiliar with Chess that would find the Queen piece cheap.

Those people play checkers.

And yes, this is all relative. Within the fighting game community, typically banned are any exploits or elements that may cause the game to malfunction for extended periods of time (freeze glitches) or characters that may be so powerful, no other character can be termed competitive against said character (Super Turbo Akuma being the only known example of this. No one in the competitive community would want to play Super Street Fighter II: Akuma).

The former would be an example of your push-button scenario and the latter simply made for an uninteresting game, which is a death knell in itself.

Shuma mirror shot :eek: That's the kind of crazy shit I like to see.

Jill may have a spot on my team or might be a potential alt. for Magneto depending on assists/DHC possibility. Hope dem videos drop soon.

But I'd like to run Team Pixie Stix (Jill with Parker and She-Logan) alongside Attractive Babysitter (Mags for Jill).

Ahhhhhhh less than two weeks :D

Wanna know a fucked up setup? Dormammu point making space with help from MODOK's barrier assist and building his power of the creator, then tag in Shuma. Start up chaos Dimension, then pull in Dormammu's Liberation assist and the opponent can't get away from the command grab.

Kusagari

Shuma seriously has the best model and animations in the entire game going off those pics.

I cannot wait to see him in motion.

El Sloth

Banned
MarkMan said:
Good things come in THREEs...

MvC3 stick+Jordans.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]
I don't know if it's the Jordans or what, but the stick looks [I]way[/I] better than it does in the promo pics.

You should post it in [URL="http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=420669"]the new thread[/URL], MarkMan.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
El Sloth said:
I don't know if it's the Jordans or what, but the stick looks way better than it does in the promo pics.

You should post it in the new thread, MarkMan.

You can post for me, I'm lazy :(

Also, it's my personal one. I just added a white bezel.

Roody

Neo Member
Random question guys, but you're probably the best ones to ask:

What would be the best stick to get for a beginner like me? I'm interested in picking up a stick for when MvC3 comes out, but I'm curious as to what would be the best buy both price-wise and quality-wise. Any suggestions?

El Sloth

Banned
Roody said:

What would be the best stick to get for a beginner like me? I'm interested in picking up a stick for when MvC3 comes out, but I'm curious as to what would be the best buy both price-wise and quality-wise. Any suggestions?
Raging Spaniard said:
The Madcatz SE stick is cheap enough and a good place to start

madcatz-streetfighter-499x438.jpg

You should be able to find some deals or discount coupons soonright before Marvel launches.
Impressions of said stick: First Second

Here's a post I made earlier in the thread that pertains to your question.

Oh, and if you're planning on getting one for the PS3 I would suggest PM'ing MrMephistoX
MrMephistoX said:
PM me I'm selling my Super TE for super in the Buy Sell Trade thread for about $80 on PS3 - shipping. I decided to grab a chun-li stick and am converting to 360.

Really, you can't go wrong with a MadCattz branded arcade stick. For a beginner I would recommend the SE to see if it's your thing before looking into the higher quality sticks. Oh, and again, if you're looking for one for the PS3 check out my post that I linked. There's a link to an SE stick selling at almost half-off at Amazon.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Caj814 said:
Can we also agree that out of all of Capcom's games, it's the most addictive and has the strongest staying power?

I think ST has the strongest staying power.

Solune

Roody said:

The MvC3 one posted above may be worth looking into, just saying.

Roody

Neo Member
El Sloth said:
Impressions of said stick: First Second

Here's a post I made earlier in the thread that pertains to your question.

Oh, and if you're planning on getting one for the PS3 I would suggest PM'ing MrMephistoX

Really, you can't go wrong with a MadCattz branded arcade stick. For a beginner I would recommend the SE to see if it's your thing before looking into the higher quality sticks. Oh, and again, if you're looking for one for the PS3 check out my post that I linked. There's a link to an SE stick selling at almost half-off at Amazon.
Thanks for the advice! I'll check those out. And sorry for asking a question you've probably gotten a million times. Thanks.

El Sloth

Banned
Roody said:
Thanks for the advice! I'll check those out. And sorry for asking a question you've probably gotten a million times. Thanks.
Don't worry about it dude, I'm still a beginner myself! I only got back into fighting games 6 months ago. I'm always up for helping new dudes out being one myself, haha.

Maaseru

Banned
So I ordered a Special Ed of Capcom Store, but theres just this thing. I'm from Puerto Rico. We are part of the US, but when I put my address as that it said that the version could not be shipped here, but then I changed the country to US and changed the shipping method to UPS Ground(Which ships here as I've been delivered stuff this way before) and it let me order it.

Now, is my order going to be cancelled? I thought I couldn't order it at first because of the free shipping from the MvsC3 offer, but now that I'm pyaying for it could I still get it? What do you think?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Maaseru said:
So I ordered a Special Ed of Capcom Store, but theres just this thing. I'm from Puerto Rico. We are part of the US, but when I put my address as that it said that the version could not be shipped here, but then I changed the country to US and changed the shipping method to UPS Ground(Which ships here as I've been delivered stuff this way before) and it let me order it.

Now, is my order going to be cancelled? I thought I couldn't order it at first because of the free shipping from the MvsC3 offer, but now that I'm pyaying for it could I still get it? What do you think?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=420669

Maaseru said:

Contact Capcom's customer support, it's the only way to be sure.

N4Us

Aaaaaaaah I just read about that Mezzanine launch party.

First Come First Served is gonna get uggglee though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom