• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia S2 |OT| This is Going to Stain my Hero Record. No Manga Spoilers!!!

Ezalc

Ending just made me feel glad that Midoriya's personal color is green. When protags are usually either red or blue, it's nice to see superior green get a good protag as well.

Green is my favorite color.

Jintor

Seriously, though, a superpower that literally relies on needing access to skin area to pull stuff out of is fairly excusable when it comes to costume design being more revealing. It's not ideal, but creation via using the environment for material instead of one's body instead would be a bit too derivative, since that was already done in Fullmetal Alchemist.

I'm just talking specifically about the fantasy ED universe where nobody appears to actually have powers, hence there being no need for Momo to wear a metal bra and no armour anywhere else

Stoof

Judging by the new OP (spoilers from future manga stuff)
I didn't even think about how we'd get to the end of term test part. That means Season 3 is going to be pretty fucking great if it covers the next two arcs after.

Neoxon

I appreciate the reference that this ED made, & the new OP is pretty good, too. Though the outro in particular was hilarious in how it got hijacked.

As for the episode itself, I'm glad that they didn't waste any time in having Midoriya master One For All (to an extent).

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Holy shit that was a great episode, especially as an introduction for the new arc.

When the ED started and I saw an Island I was like "OMG are they doing an ending based on the Medieval Fantasy drawing Horikoshi did!?!?!?" My eyes grew wide when I first got my glimpse of Medieval Deku.

Bravo.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
So Deku is doing what Goku did during the Cell saga in DBZ, when Goku trained to make Super Saiyan his natural state instead of an activator. Seems cool and makes more sense to treat it that way instead of being explosive with it.

boring ep, but the ED was cool

Boring but necessary, as are most training episodes. It had a good setup for what comes next.

NSESN

The new OP has the best visuals but the worst song. It is like the reverse of Peace sign for me.
The new ending is the best by far. No contest there.

Great episode - and great looking, too. It's a quiet setup episode but everything that happened was interesting and it set up a few mysteries to be resolved later on.

Lakuza

Enjoyed the ep and surprised how fast the pacing is based off the preview :O
Also was not expecting this season to
also cover the arc after the current one too (based off the opening anyways).

Really like the new opening and ending.
The episode was good, loved seeing Gran Torino and was cool seeing Best Jeanist animated.
Also, like some of the new ost.

Laiza

Momo's bikini armor is inexcusable.

That aside, I enjoyed this episode and the ED. Seeing all the different characters at their internships, even if it was only for a short montage, is definitely something I appreciate.

(The girls still need more screen time, though.)

As for the OP, I have no strong feelings about it one way or the other.

The new OP doesnt stop the trend of the series getting worst and worst OPs as it goes on, I fear for s3. I like the group but this wasnt their best song, in their previous anime it was awesome as well as the other version on the ost that was more of an acoustic street side version.

I liked Shigaraki screentime in the episode, he needs more as hes like the series best antagonist. And he did the best preview lololol. I love his voice.

Kiri x Testsu x 4 was such a good moment and Shoto and Endeavour, please give more scenes of both groups anime, please.

The ED, lol Kaminari
tumblr_osrqujloa31v7nj1ko1_400.png

Best
DEPLTEzXkAAzK0R.jpg

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I like both the new OP and ED ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also the episode was great, can't wait for the next one.

Best scene lol

1b0ff6b4c6bfdf49b88580fdb62b3b09fc532c998e97d2ffd8c38b9a286d123b.png

CheckMate

It has been so long since I was surprised by a new opening for a watch a liked. It also helped that the scenes gave a nostalgic feeling when I used watch Bleach with friends at my early teens ;(

Really don't like the new OP, wasn't much of a fan of the last one either, the new ED is great though.
It's a shame, Season 1's OP was great, but they get worse and worse each time, both in the song and the visuals.
At least the show isn't getting worse!

caliph95

Really don't like the new OP, wasn't much of a fan of the last one either, the new ED is great though.
It's a shame, Season 1's OP was great, but they get worse and worse each time, both in the song and the visuals.
At least the show isn't getting worse!
The show is getting better the op's is worse and worse or at least the music and i like the 2nd op
The third eh

Seriously, though, a superpower that literally relies on needing access to skin area to pull stuff out of is fairly excusable when it comes to costume design being more revealing. It's not ideal, but creation via using the environment for material instead of one's body instead would be a bit too derivative, since that was already done in Fullmetal Alchemist.

A top the covers her breasts but leaves a large open midriff all the way around would make more sense than her actual hero outfit, the small boob/belly window in her outfit isn't really all that practical for her quirk.
In that ED I don't think anyone has their quirks though, and there is no practical application for that armor that she has in the ED, it provides no actual protection, it's just a dumb "sexy" costume.

Laiza

Most of the characters roles are pretty obvious (Ochaco as a witch, Katsuki & Eijiro are barbarians, Tenya's a knight), but is Tsuyu supposed to be a bard/inn keeper? And what about Izuku?
Tsuyu's a bar wench. Izuku's wearing merchant garb, but it also works as a stand-in for a generic hero outfit. (Dnno about those shoes, though...)

Blues1990

He is an adventurer. Fitting because he is the MC.

Tsuyu's a bar wench. Izuku's wearing merchant garb, but it also works as a stand-in for a generic hero outfit. (Dnno about those shoes, though...)

Ah, thank you both for clarifying. I forgot to mention this, but I love assassin/rogue Mashirao and fencer Denki. Fumi as a wizard/shaman is pretty fitting.

And I find it funny that people are annoyed with Momo's outfit (I have no clue what she's supposed to be), despite Mina's (Warrior?) costume is just as revealing.

Jintor

what, you ain't never seen a pair of ye olde sneakers?

And I find it funny that people are annoyed with Momo's outfit (I have no clue what she's supposed to be), despite Mina's (Warrior?) costume is just as revealing.

I don't have anything against revealing costumes. I just hate bra armour because it has literally no application whatsoever.

Revealing costumes at least are easy to move in, but a metal bra has all the disadvantages of regular armour plus also it doesn't actually protect you much at all

To me I feel like Izuku is the 'Novice' class from RO.

Ochako is a sorceress
Tenya is a Knight
Shoto is a Prince
Bakugo is a... Barbarian/Dragon Tamer(?)
Kirishima is a Rogue
Tsuya is a Bar Maid
Ashido is an Amazon
Aoyama is a... Paladin(?)
Ojiro is a ninja
Kaminari is an Archer
Kyoka is a.... Huntress(?)
Tokoyami is a Warlock
Yaoyorozu is a.... Warrior

I honestly can't make out anything for Mineta

Blues1990

I don't have anything against revealing costumes. I just hate bra armour because it has literally no application whatsoever.

Revealing costumes at least are easy to move in, but a metal bra has all the disadvantages of regular armour plus also it doesn't actually protect you much at all

I get that, but Mina's amazon outfit is just as impractical. I'm pretty sure that singular breast plate is going to do jack squat against any sort of blow.

To me I feel like Izuku is the 'Novice' class from RO.

Ochako is a sorceress
Tenya is a Knight
Shoto is a Prince
Bakugo is a... Barbarian/Dragon Tamer(?)
Kirishima is a Rogue
Tsuya is a Bar Maid
Ashido is an Amazon
Aoyama is a... Paladin(?)
Ojiro is a ninja
Kaminari is an Archer
Kyoka is a.... Huntress(?)
Tokoyami is a Warlock
Yaoyorozu is a.... Warrior

I honestly can't make out anything for Mineta

Your guesses are close to mine:

Izuku - Merchant/Adventurer
Ochaco - Witch/Sorceress
Tenya - Knight
Shoto - Noblemen
Katsuki - Barbarian/Dragon Tamer
Eijiro - Rogue
Tsuyu - Bar Maid/Inn Keeper
Mina - Amazon
Yuga - Fencer
Mashirao - Assassin/Ninja
Denki - Archer
Kyoka - Huntress
Fumikage - Warlock

The only ones I can't figure out are Momo, Minoru, & Hanta. I assume Momo is a warrior, but it's a vague guess.

Jintor

tumblr_ost9doZExH1qggjmro1_540.png

goddamnit

i thought she just mashed together uraraka and gravity but no, the "Vi" and the "Tea" are both also part of her pun name!

MrCinos

I can't remember any other character wearing boob armor that I've liked, but I love Momo sporting it. Although I'd probably like any ridiculous outfit she or other HeroAca's female characters would be wearing simply because I love all of them both for their looks and personalities. Hero Academia might be the first shounen series with 5+ female characters where I couldn't find a single one with a "meh" design (to my taste).

A top the covers her breasts but leaves a large open midriff all the way around would make more sense than her actual hero outfit, the small boob/belly window in her outfit isn't really all that practical for her quirk.

Maybe it's just me, but it's much easier and quicker to pull something from the chest area than from your abdomen. So to maximize practicality you'd leave both areas open: you have arms/legs for the quickest pull of small or thin objects, chest area for the quickest pull of medium-sized objects and midriff for the least convenient pull of bigger objects.

Jintor

Minor quirk spoilers for Gran Torino:
I really like that he takes a really deep breath before he does anything

Osukaa

Wow I really disliked the new OP and I felt that the ending was just as bad if not worse.

Guess they had to take a fall somewhere...
Other than that it's still one of my new favorite animes.

Philippo

Oh wow i can't believe they based the ED on the fantasy pics! So cool!

Anyway, based on the OP i'm suler hyped about
Deku&Bakugo vs All Might
!

Also, can i have a gif of Grant Torino sitting at the table all excited? So adorable.

Top Bottom