• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia S2 |OT| This is Going to Stain my Hero Record. No Manga Spoilers!!!

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
This scene was insane with All Might punching Kacchan so hard he puked.

2017_09_23.png

caliph95

It's interesting to see the different in philosophy which you can see from what they admire in All Might

Bakugo loves All Might because he's the strongest hero and never loses

Deku because he's a hero who saves lives and watched videos of him saving people

You can even see it in the exam when pushed come to shove he stopped to save Bakugo when he could have escaped

Bakugo was more concerned with winning The whole time

NSESN

I didn't like the animation in first part but the second part was perfect. I also really liked Toga's voice.

And yeah don't watch the preview, huge spoilers.

Episode went by way too slowly, could have easily condensed much of the 2nd half, actually some of the first half too. We could have had way more time with Shigaraki Tomura.

Bakugou once again proved he is the most heroic in the class, sacrificing himself to let the weaker one his teammate escape. Midoriya ought to take time to think of the big picture.

Midoriya carrying bakugou two times though, very pleasing.

Omadahl

Banned
Can you imagine a normal human taking a shot to the back, into a bus and tumbling on the ground like Midoriya did? You'd just be a skin bag full of broken bones and organs. All Might would have made a terrifying villain.

caliph95

Can you imagine a normal human taking a shot to the back, into a bus and tumbling on the ground like Midoriya did? You'd just be a skin bag full of broken bones and organs. All Might would have made a terrifying villain.
No one can stop him if he was
except maybe Aizawa

Like he changed the weather by punching really hard

ShadyK54

God damn, All Might is scary. I really want to see what he would be like at full strength uninjured/handicapped like he was this episode & against Nomu.

Thought it was a great episode, especially for the reasons caliph pointed out about the difference in philosophies between Deku & Bakugo.

Also, League of Villains!

Also, DO NOT watch the preview if you’re not a manga reader. Heavy ass spoilers. Not sure why they would show that much.

God ****, All Might is scary. I really want to see what he would be like at full strength uninjured/handicapped like he was this episode & against Nomu..

Why would you want against Nomu, what everyone should be wanting is seeing All Might v antagonist who even gave him his injury, that would be something awesome to see, and all might going out against an actually relevant and interesting person.

ShadyK54

Why would you want against Nomu, what everyone should be wanting is seeing All Might v antagonist who even gave him his injury, that would be something awesome to see, and all might going out against an actually relevant and interesting person.

Not even what I was saying but ok.

I do want to see All Might vs the person that fucked him up though, you’re right about that.

I was really banking on development for Bakugo being more unrealistically quick so he can stop being such an aggressive turd but I suppose that wouldn't make much sense.
I did enjoy watching All Might beat the crap outta him mind you.

Neoxon

Yeah, thank god One For All can’t be taken by force.

Still, the fight was as awesome as it was gut-wrenching.

Sn4ke_911

This scene was crazy:

DKaP-5XUEAMq0Am.jpg

You gotta love that boy alone for his immense will power.

Awesome time to watch best boy Bakugou get his origin animated.

To be fair they shouldn't have really called it his origin episode since there was literally nothing new here. Unlike Todoroki's origin which showed and revealed a lot more.

Love how everyone is a closet all might fanboy. Keeping waving those death flags on all might. Was a important episode for bakugo. He got the todoroki treatment.

This scene was crazy.

You gotta love that boy alone for his will power.

DKaP-5XUEAMq0Am.jpg

To be fair they shouldn't have really called it his origin episode since there was literally nothing new here. Unlike Todoroki's origin which showed and revealed a lot more.

True but to be fair I would hope Todoroki gets more revealed about him because we barley knew anything about him, since he only started getting a lot of screen/panel time in the festival arc. Either way I really liked the Bakugou Katsuki: origin chapter in the manga.

DNAbro

This scene was crazy.

You gotta love that boy alone for his immense will power.

DKaP-5XUEAMq0Am.jpg

More like an origin point for him being a less shitty person.

Do we even know anything about Kacchan's parents?

His mom yelled at him for brushing his teeth too loudly after the sports festival

Also,
they make an appearance in the manga. Most of what we know about them comes from supplemental material which isn't in the story proper, and probably won't get animated, so it's kind of fuzzy if its really spoilers

PixelatedBookake

Holy shit I finally caught up with the exam arc.

1) I loved the Aizawa fight with Yao and Todoroki but the fanservice was a bit too much for me. I'm glad her self-esteem problems were finally dealt with.

2) I honestly think Mineta is funny and don't hate him. He's a terrible guy, but his English dub voice and just his design is just so funny to me. Regardless of his antics.

3) All Might was really going ham on these kids, like, HOLY FUCK. Like, take it down a notch man you need to chill. It's not that serious. Don't cripple your student bro.

All in all I liked this arc but not more than the previous two this season.

PixelatedBookake

So what's the difference between how All Might was acting this episode and how Endeavor trained Todoroki in the past?

Uhhh.....Recovery Girl........I guess. When All Might broke Deku's back I thought that was too far. Didn't Jet Bootsu say that All Might was a bad teacher? He was fucking right.

Christhor

Uhhh.....Recovery Girl........I guess. When All Might broke Deku's back I thought that was too far. Didn't Jet Bootsu say that All Might was a bad teacher? He was fucking right.

Recovery Girl also said that he was really close to inflicting permanent damage, she can't heal that. Yeah, All Might is definitely not fit to be a teacher.

kirblar

Recovery Girl also said that he was really close to inflicting permanent damage, she can't heal that. Yeah, All Might is definitely not fit to be a teacher.
All Might being a savant who's terrible at being a teacher because of it is fantastic characterization throughout the series.

Sn4ke_911

All Might has a huge history with the villains, he knows what they are capable of so he doesn't want to babysit his students, he needs to prepare those kids as best as he can for what's to come.

A villain wants to kill and won't play around and this is what All Might is trying to teach here.

NSESN

Ikr? it pisses me off, it was a huge page in the manga for a reason goddammit... they really fucked this up.

That was because it was the last page of its chapter. It wouldn't fit as well in the anime unless it was before the break in the middle of the episode.

Sn4ke_911

That was because it was the last page of its chapter. It wouldn't fit as well in the anime unless it was before the break in the middle of the episode.

Don't defend this bro... i wanted that shot so badly in the anime, it's badass af.

NEO0MJ

It's the whole reason he decided to take Deku under his wing for a week. Even All Might realized he fucked up Deku's training as soon as he saw that invitation. Plus there was Recovery Girl who kept saying he was doing a terrible job as well.

Top Bottom