• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia S2 |OT| This is Going to Stain my Hero Record. No Manga Spoilers!!!

Puruzi

Banned
That was because it was the last page of its chapter. It wouldn't fit as well in the anime unless it was before the break in the middle of the episode.

no, I know you like the anime more but it's okay to admit when it fucks up. that should've been in the episode.

NSESN

no, I know you like the anime more but it's okay to admit when it fucks up. that should've been in the episode.
The page was used for a cliffhanger in the manga but the only place you could use a cliffhanger is before the break. How am I wrong? It isn't like the scene was skipped.

Jarmel

Banned
The page was used for a cliffhanger in the manga but the only place you could use a cliffhanger is before the break. How am I wrong? It isn't like the scene was skipped.

They could have still put in the shot. It doesn't need to be a cliffhanger frame.

What the storyboarder did in substitution of it was similar but a lot more boring as instead he just did some closeups and curved the camera down.

Laiza

Gotta admit, seeing All Might nearly break Deku's back actually made me recoil in sympathy pain. He was so close to permanently crippling his sole successor! Guy's not fit for teaching direct physical combat, that's for damn sure. And to think that this is with him weakened after that injury...

Seriously, if he never got injured, just how flippin' broken OP is he?! Would he even have been able to participate in something like this if he's having this much of a hard time holding back after being weakened? I somehow doubt he could have, just for the sake of the students' safety...

And now I'm wondering how any of the students could ever reach that level of broken-ass OP besides Deku, 'cause he's just on a whole 'nother scale. Like, basically another plane of existence compared to these kids. I wonder what Horikoshi has planned for them...

caliph95

Gotta admit, seeing All Might nearly break Deku's back actually made me recoil in sympathy pain. He was so close to permanently crippling his sole successor! Guy's not fit for teaching direct physical combat, that's for damn sure. And to think that this is with him weakened after that injury...

Seriously, if he never got injured, just how flippin' broken OP is he?! Would he even have been able to participate in something like this if he's having this much of a hard time holding back after being weakened? I somehow doubt he could have, just for the sake of the students' safety...

And now I'm wondering how any of the students could ever reach that level of broken-ass OP besides Deku, 'cause he's just on a whole 'nother scale. Like, basically another plane of existence compared to these kids. I wonder what Horikoshi has planned for them...
He's completely broken

Remember the nomu fight where he took him about e hundred punches to beat him

He claimed he gotten a lot weaker could have done with few punches and same guy who changed the weather by punching

Deku is also technically stronger than him since that's how AFO works

Great episode I just wished they added baby Bakugou's head rolling thing in manga when he was in awe of All Might it was so cute(Similar to Deku's head banging). I think this chapter was also the moment where Bakugou's popularity began to explode even tho he was already popular.

Nice to see how smart Bakugou can be once his hatred for Deku is pushed partial aside. It was also cool to see just how tanky Bakugou and Deku are but it makes sense with the quirks they have.

All Might is a bad teacher and the show doesn't exactly portray him as great one. Aizawa on the other hand is shown to be a great teacher.

caliph95

Great episode I just wished they added baby Bakugou's head rolling thing in manga when he is in awe of All Might it was so cute(Similar to Deku's head banging). I think this was also the moment where Bakugou popularity began to explode even tho he was already popular.

Nice to see how smart Bakugou can be once his hatred for Deku is pushed partial aside. It was also cool to see just how tanky Bakugou and Deku are but it makes sense with the quirks they have.

All Might is a bad teacher and the show doesn't exactly portray him as great teacher. Aizawa on the other hand is shown to be a great teacher.
Let's be fair he just became a teacher

I think they stated he never had a student

Chase17

Laughed out how sad the Kaminari Ashido shot looked when Deku was monologuing.

Let's be fair he just became a teacher

I think they stated he never had a student

Recovery girl said that All Might goes especially tough for this exam.

Which she knew for some reason.

Oh my god that must literally be the worst preview I've ever seen.
I mean, it probably shouldn't be a factor because most anime watchers in Japan are readers as well, but for English anime only watchers it must suck to have THAT spoiled for them.

NEO0MJ

Recovery girl said that All Might goes especially tough for this exam.

Which she knew for some reason.

All Might mentioned before that she was one of the few people he trusted with the truth behind One for All. I doubt he shared that knowledge just because she has a good healing ability. They probably go way back and so she has a good understanding of just how serious All Might is in a fight.

LotusHD

Banned
Haven't watched the episode yet, waiting on my friend, but LMAO, that is easily the most spoilery preview I've seen in a long ass time.
Also that moment clearly won't come anywhere near the manga's version.

Haven't watched the episode yet, waiting on my friend, but LMAO, that is easily the most spoilery preview I've seen in a long ass time.
Also that moment clearly won't come anywhere the manga's version.
The end of that chapter and the entirety of the next were literally transcendent for me, signaled a new stage in the series, the latter seriously might be my favorite chapter in the series to this day.
The preview honestly pisses me off.

Here's some food for thought: post-injury All Might is strong enough to change the weather with a punch and do all the ridiculous shit we've seen since. Pre-injury All Might was even stronger than that.

How strong was the guy who fucked him up?

Kickz

This show is now MegaMan X anime

tumblr_owqcc1HBRO1v1hotuo4_540.gif

Neoxon

This show is now MegaMan X anime

tumblr_owqcc1HBRO1v1hotuo4_540.gif
That reminds me, I’d be more than okay with Capcom recasting X to Justin Briner if they choose to recast him for future games. X’s current new VA in MvCI is fine, but Briner was kinda my dream pick for X (plus another Funimation VA, Ian Sinclair, worked wonders as Rashid in SFV).

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I really really am going to fucking need Bakugo's character to go somewhere, this is getting tiresome. Shoto has well paced character development, I don't know why they're dragging their feet on giving Bakugo literally any kind of growth

Luxorek

Bakugou-Shounen's gonna burst a vein one day if he doesn't resolve his anger issues whenever Midoriya-Shounen's nearby. Which I wouldn't mind honestly, as I dislike that dipshit as much as he does Deku. He's got some warped idea of what a hero is. In his mind, it means you get to fight against villains with impunity and otherwise prerequisite values like being compassionate or cooperative just doesn't register.

Anyway, I'm glad I caught up with the manga before this episode aired, otherwise with that preview... oh, boy...

I really really am going to fucking need Bakugo's character to go somewhere, this is getting tiresome. Shoto has well paced character development, I don't know why they're dragging their feet on giving Bakugo literally any kind of growth

He's definitely a bit of a slow burn; so far, all his growth has been negative, in terms of... "goodness" of character, I suppose is the way to phrase it. Like Aizawa said just before the tests began, Bakogou's been getting worse, not better, as his insecurities about Deku keep growing. That's development too, in a way.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I love how Kacchan and Deku's face is exactly the same in all shots, All Might so fast lol

DKbAa4qXcAA_K7t.jpg

DKbAlpRWsAAxj0m.jpg

DKbAng0XcAA5Yo_.jpg

DKbApRBXkAIpCJY.jpg

N7.Angel

I want him to be a vilain, he has nothing to do in the hero side.

Villain All Might is great.

Episode was good. I guess I might have liked it better if I cared more about Bakugo. Dude is hard to root for though I thought it was kinda funny when he bit AM. At least he knows how to take a damn beating. AM pummeled the hell out of him.

It's funny, I'm generally never attracted towards character's who's main attribute is "strength" or being a "badass", for example two characters in my top five for One Piece are Bellamy/Coby (the rest rounds out to Luffy, Nami, and Gin), and my favorite character in fiction is Theon Greyjoy (from the ASOIAF, not the show, though show Theon is my favorite Thrones character), I'll enjoy them and have some at the top of my character lists, but generally I gravitate towards the weaker folk.

But from the first chapter when Horikoshi subverted the idea of the push-over bully who crumbles at real adversity by having Bakugou stand up to and be effective against the slime monster, I've just been drawn to his tenacity/drive and overwhelming power mixed with his unshakable desire to be the best, I just can't help but want him to win and grow.

Not to mention the humour he brings to the series and his vulnerable core.
I just love Bakugou, never really saw him as a villain from the get-go nor at the current point the animes at (I'm making no comment on where his character or my perception of him goes in the future though, there's characters I praise in this thread now that at this point in the manga I despise, my comments are all based around where my state of mind was at in the concurrent chapter to the episode), and this chapter just solidified him as my Top 1.

Favorite fight and episode of the season easily.

LotusHD

Banned
Why not, does he looks like someone that cares about other people ? he just a bully that want to be the strongest, he's not fit to be a hero, Deku is.

I love Bakugo since day one but he's in the wrong side to me.

Makes for a much better story for him to gain character development that leads him on the right path, rather than them doing the cliche thing and making Bakugou go full Sasuke.

Why not, does he looks like someone that cares about other people ? he just a bully that want to be the strongest, he's not fit to be a hero, Deku is.

My position was that, while Bakugou has negative qualities, that never connected in my mind, to wanting to cause mass suffering or ostracize himself from society by actively breaking the law.
Hero work is an effective way for Bakugou to gain status, which is one thing he ranted about in the series premiere.
And it's a safe avenue for Bakugou to exercise his powers.
From the Tournament arc it's seemed as though Endeavour is meant to be a representation of a Bakugou who doesn't grow into adulthood and past his obsessions healthily.

Makes for a much better story for him to gain character development that leads him on the right path, rather than them doing the cliche thing and making Bakugou go full Sasuke.
Sasuke was never as much of an ass as Bakugou, and his relationship with Naruto, though underdeveloped along with the rest of Team 7 because of editor meddling, had a hint of legitimate care/friendship before Kishi smashed the self-destruct button.

kirblar

One of the things that's well done w/ Deku/Bakugou (and I think subtly leads a lot of people "understanding" Bakugou better) is that Deku's an extrovert, while Bakugou's an introvert. It's a natural personality clash.

caliph95

My position was that, while Bakugou has negative qualities, that never connected in my mind, to wanting to cause mass suffering or ostracize himself from society by actively breaking the law.
Hero work is an effective way for Bakugou to gain status, which is one thing he ranted about in the series premiere.
And it's a safe avenue for Bakugou to exercise his powers.
From the Tournament arc it's seemed as though Endeavour is meant to be a representation of a Bakugou who doesn't grow into adulthood and past his obsessions healthily.
Yeah there's that

As of now he gains nothing from being a villain since he can get the praise and status from being a hero

That and the Endeavour parallels

LotusHD

Banned
Sasuke was never as much of an ass as Bakugou, and his relationship with Naruto, though underdeveloped along with the rest of Team 7 because of editor meddling, had a hint of legitimate care/friendship before Kishi smashed the self-destruct button.

"full Sasuke" in this context simply means becoming a villain, and then getting worse from that point onwards.

One of the things that's well done w/ Deku/Bakugou (and I think subtly leads a lot of people "understanding" Bakugou better) is that Deku's an extrovert, while Bakugou's an introvert. It's a natural personality clash.

Eh? Bakugou does not get along with most people, but an introvert?

caliph95

"full Sasuke" in this context simply means becoming a villain, and then getting worse from that point onwards.

Eh? Bakugou does not get along with most people, but an introvert?
Deku is an extrovert?

I got the opposite impression from the first episodes. Deku's definitely become more social since starting at U.A., but Ochako and Iida were the ones who approached him from what I can remember. Bakugo was chatty with everyone in middle school, but at UA he's not the de facto strongest student anymore and the other students don't care for his attitude.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Amazing episode.

Still sad, All Might is dieing :( All the blood hes coughing

if that really happens, this will fuck me up...

2017-09-2322_45_41-al9albt.png

2017-09-2322_34_40-al5xbn9.png

2017-09-2322_34_52-altcyn1.png

2017-09-2322_46_36-alqrzva.png

2017-09-2322_35_05-alx8ld0.png

2017-09-2322_35_10-aluvxst.png

I can't even imagine All Might dying. I don't know what it is with this anime but i get really emotionally invested in it, i didn't cry or anything (hell i haven't cried in years) but i was literally shaking when the Deku vs Todoroki fight came up, it was so goddamn amazing, my favorite anime fight ever.

I don't know what i would do if All Might dies. He's such an important part in MHA.

NEO0MJ

I got the opposite impression from the first episodes. Deku's definitely become more social since starting at U.A., but Ochako and Iida were the ones who approached him from what I can remember. Bakugo was chatty with everyone in middle school, but at UA he's not the de facto strongest student anymore and the other students don't care for his attitude.

To make matters worse in middle school since Bakugo was top dog he probably (inadvertently) pushed the whole school to ostracize/torment Deku, or at least his class.

I honestly get what you're saying but I think of Bakugou as this person who has this messed-up/misguided view on what the world is and how heroes are. As a kid he was constantly praised for being strong and that basically became his identity. Add in his admiration for All Might and you have a kid obsessed with with being the number 1 hero.

His obsession is similar to Endeavor in some ways but different in others. I feel like his obsession will keep him firmly on the hero side (Plus the villains are probably giant losers in his eyes) Basically All Might's presence had both positive and negative effects on Bakugou's personality/views . Bakugou's psyche is probably one of the biggest reason why he is my favorite character in the show.

Top Bottom