• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia (Shonen Jump) move over pirates, ninjas, reapers, its Hero time

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
TZ2MqED.jpg

caliph95

After that irresponsible display i think todoroki and inasa should fail the exam. If this was the real deal they'd have been crushed by the enemy, and their "fight" actually almost harmed someone innocent.

Hope so but the cynical part of me is expecting them to pass anyway through the power of shonen.

I hope not.

cntr

Banned
Todoroki and Inasa are going to get torn a new one by Deku, then fail to get their license, then torn another new one by Aizawa and the Shiketsu teacher

Trojita

In any sane licensing system Todoroki and Inasa would automatically fail with such low points that it would be impossible to pass. Todoroki both shot the ice at Orca Gang who was still holding Shindou, which Orca Gang being an actual good guy, threw the paralyzed Shindou aside.

Then Todoroki and Inasa fuck up. Without Deku's assistance. Shindou, who is paralyzed and helpless, was going to be burned alive.

cntr

Banned
Why wouldn't they fail? The majority of schools other than UA (and Inasa) take the provisional exam in their second year, and there's a tradition of ganging up on the UA students.

So that implies that failing the exam in your first year isn't a career ending move. Aizawa's gonna be pissed that Todoroki reacted so irrationally, yeah, and that's ultimately Todoroki's real problem. Failing to get the license makes sense from a character development perspective, isn't a character-ending move, and it's already been set up by the most recent chapter.

And more generally, the provisional license lets the class fight villains and solve situations closer to their actual level, rather than some crazy Muscular-level enemy. Todoroki is so ridiculously strong that he'd insta-defeat nearly everybody. Taking him out of the picture lets Deku and the other normal students fight normally without having to create contrivances to get rid of Todoroki.

so yeah, it's gonna happen

Cerium

Actually if Todoroki doesn't get his license that could have a serious impact later on if there's a situation where the students need to step in and Todoroki is unavailable because he's unlicensed. That takes their strongest classmate off the table.

I agree, that could be interesting and a consistent way to give the other characters in the class some time to be more relevant on the big fights.

Jarmel

Banned
Regardless, "My hero doesn't have the exact personality I projected on him before I knew him so fuck him!" is a lame motive.

I think it ties fairly well into Stain and the stuff at the beginning. That was partially the point of the opening in the boardroom in that Endeavor isn't viewed as a proper successor to All Might partially due to his personality. The second point is that due to how their society is set up, again you have heroes who aren't morally heroes. That's an argument people get into all the time even in our society with Batman vs Superman in that Batman doesn't always act like how a 'hero' should.

Deku is definitely going to pass that's for sure.

I'm assuming there are more tests after this. What they should do is autopass Deku as he's already established himself as team leader and see how the rest of the students do without Deku. That way it puts more stress on the individual students to act in unison.

Ascheroth

Yeah, it's only two tests.

I'm really curious who is and isn't going to pass.
It really is looking bad for Todoroki and Inasa currently, their actions should have gotten them a lot of minus points. I just wonder if them realizing their errors and starting to work together properly would allow them to still make it up?
But then again, removing the two from Deku and others side DOES make a shitload of sense to keep the threat level higher and an exam like this shouldn't be that forgiving.

I mean, yeah, they are actually determining which of them will be allowed to be involved in hero activity, the real deal, if you think about it they should've been disqualified immediately.

Meffer

Yeah, it's only two tests.

I'm really curious who is and isn't going to pass.
It really is looking bad for Todoroki and Inasa currently, their actions should have gotten them a lot of minus points. I just wonder if them realizing their errors and starting to work together properly would allow them to still make it up?
But then again, removing the two from Deku and others side DOES make a shitload of sense to keep the threat level higher and an exam like this shouldn't be that forgiving.
You start off with 100 points in the second test. Points are deducted if you make mistakes and once you're below 50 you fail. They just have to make sure not to fuck up.

eh, for the first time in this manga i'm not really feeling it. i suppose it was inevitable at some point that a dip in quality (imo) would occur, but this chapter and the chapter before it were just average to me.

i hope todoroki and inasa don't end up passing.

i also hope this exam starts to wrap up in the next chapter

this is completely baseless right now, but I feel like something is going to happen in the future that causes the Shiketsu(?) school to merge with UA, or vice versa

cntr

Banned
Yeah bit of an alright chapter this week, but it's not terrible or anything. We're just spoiled by all the good stuff.

They're not passing. The exam is set up where you can only lose points, not gain them, and they can't undo that mistake now.

Veelk

Banned
I'm actually feeling Inasa much more after this chapter. He doesn't have the syndrome characterization after all, but it's more that he seems to be only react in emotional extremes. If he finds a bug he likes, he can't just be casual about it, he goes full throttle on his geek out.

So it's less that Endeavor was himself a unique case of "my hero rejected me" and more that this kid just takes EVERYTHING way too serious.

Philippo

This was hype as hell.

Nintendo Switch, RDR2 and Logan trailers, and an awesome MHA chapter on top of it? What a day!

Yeah Todoroki and Inasa are not passing, but i can see them becoming a duo once they go Pro.

Also, Orca has to become a recurring character, his design is soo cool. Please Horikoshi!

Cerium

Was Todoroki such a jerk in the beginning? I don't recall him ever being the way he is in the flashback, just quiet and withdrawn.

I'm actually feeling Inasa much more after this chapter. He doesn't have the syndrome characterization after all, but it's more that he seems to be only react in emotional extremes. If he finds a bug he likes, he can't just be casual about it, he goes full throttle on his geek out.

So it's less that Endeavor was himself a unique case of "my hero rejected me" and more that this kid just takes EVERYTHING way too serious.

I got that vibe when he samshed his head against the ground when proclaiming his love of UA lol

Ascheroth

Yeah, I was a little disappointed with this chapter. The Inasa flashback was nice, but Dekus 'fury' was kind of weak, expected more from that. The rest was typical predictable "we realized we fucked up, but let's turn it around by working togther!".
Gang Orca rules tho.

They're not passing, but they'll come out of this as better people and possibly friends.

yeah they're totally going to be friends after this

Yeah, I was a little disappointed with this chapter. The Inasa flashback was nice, but Dekus 'fury' was kind of weak, expected more from that. The rest was typical predictable "we realized we fucked up, but let's turn it around by working togther!".
Gang Orca rules tho.

gang orca is the goat hero

Trojita

Not enough. Also wanted more Deku being madman.

Man, Todoroki was an asshole.

It will be bullshit if Todoroki and Inasa pass. Even their fusion attack is some last ditch effort with them barely being able to move.

I thought in that panel where Inasa was hit by Gang Orca that Chuunibird saved him by catching him from his fall. That that was his shadow arm extending.

sophora

Read up on the new chapter of Vigilante-My Hero Academia Illegals, good stuff.
Old man Knuckleduster being quirkless certainly makes it a bit more interesting.
I hope they continue on with this spin-off.

Trojita

Man, I'm reminded of after the school tournament when Deku poured his heart out in his battles and ended up with no recommendations (until Gran Torino sent one in).

Can't wait until Deku gets his license and tells them to fuck off even though I know he isn't petty.

I mean I understand that as demonstrated in the tournament that Deku's ability at the time seemed nothing but self destructive, no one wanted to give him a chance.

If Todoroki fails, which as much as I like him he should, I can't wait to see Endeavor's face when he sees Deku passed.

Trojita

Vigilante - My Hero Academia Illegals Chapter 2

Knuckle Buster is broke ass Batman

Gentleman is discount Spider-man.

Top Bottom