• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia (Shonen Jump) move over pirates, ninjas, reapers, its Hero time

One of Todoroki's best panels, but I didnt know he was that Talkative. I like it.
CLgRXE5XAAAv7Lc.png:large

The first volume of My Hero Academia has arrived at my doorstop, and it's a quality translation! Feels good to have a decent translation of the first few chapters especially, didn't the official SJ skip from the first to the middle of the tournament arc?

I'll probably pre-order the next volume or two, time to clear space on my shelf!

This will be the series where I collect both the Japanese and English volumes. I freaking love this series.

And here I was thinking I'd quit Shounen Jump once Gintama ended.

You're mistaken. New chapters can be found on Mondays as part of Weekly Shonen Jump International(tm), which releases on the same day as the magazine in Japan!

This will be the series where I collect both the Japanese and English volumes. I freaking love this series.

Yep. Thank you two for supporting the mangaka. Got my volume in today and volume five will here tomorrow!!!

ss-hikaru

Man had so much trouble with Alpha :| Since they updated the app it keeps spazzing out. The offerings in the 'free' section keep changing to $6.49 LOL At least I managed to dl the magazine....after getting stuck on 'fetching store data' all night last night >.>

I like how Stain's quirk works. I'd be one of the least susceptible to it XD Wonder which
pros will be part of the rescue squad.

Gintama will never end! It CAN'T end! ;__________;

Shonen Jump has got quite a few good 'newer' series, it'll be hard to quit!

Blues1990

Read them all, there's not that many
Okay, I was able to get myself caught up to speed with the series, & it's (so far) a fun take on western comic book superheroes. I was surprised that Katsuki couldn't come up with a decent superhero name for himself. You know, something like Cannon Fire or Blast Detonator. For the sports festival arc, seeing the bubbly Tooru being the only girl excited to do some cheering was pretty funny, though I wonder if she's permanently invisible or just prefers to stay that way.

Also, I want to see the other heroes get their own little character arc, such as Mina, Rikidou, Tsuyu, Fumikage, & especially Yuuga. (I think he's going to backstab everyone. Just you wait.)

Yes, come to the Tsuyu fan club... We got cookies.

Don't mind if I do. :)

But seriously, Tsuyu was a surprise when she popped up.

Gintama is still going though

I know. Gintama is my favourite SJ manga so I was thinking "Once Gintama ends, I'll be done with Jump."

But yeah, My Hero Academia has ruined that. I tried Black Clover but it just feels...wayyyy too "been there, done that" for me.

Oh yeah, and my contribution to the top 5...

1. Deku
2. All Might
3. Tsuyu
4. Todoroki
5. Bakugou

OH MY GOD!!! Apparently this weeks chapter is being leaked now and supposed to be the best... chapter... ever!
I can't wait for this series to blow up!

I couldn't resist. Wow, a LOT of character building and action. I cant wait to see where this goes. I mean my damn...

Wiseblade

Yep. Thank you two for supporting the mangaka. Got my volume in today and volume five will here tomorrow!!!
I was being facetious. While I sub to WSJ-I, I don't really care that much about the behaviour of others.

OH MY GOD!!! Apparently this weeks chapter is being leaked now and supposed to be the best... chapter... ever!
I can't wait for this series to blow up!
Must hold out until Monday...

With all the flashbacks and such, I thought this was a dull chapter at first, but dat ending. I also thought it was interesting how they acknowledged that with all the restrictions on Stain's ability, his quirk is actually pretty weak.

WarRock

With all the flashbacks and such, I thought this was a dull chapter at first, but dat ending. I also thought it was interesting how they acknowledged that with all the restrictions on Stain's ability, his quirk is actually pretty weak.
Yeah, for a second I thought "oh boy shonen flashback chapters for weeks" but NOPE.

Which is interesting to note that it isn't overpowered at all; He just uses it to its fullest. He attacks fast so his opponents don't have a chance to realize the full extent of his quirk.

Top Bottom