• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia (Shonen Jump) move over pirates, ninjas, reapers, its Hero time

SalvaPot

They would be afraid of money if Toei didnt get this. It has potential to be the next DBZ/OnePiece phenomenon, 1 - 1 storytelling is needed for this. The people that worked on Toriko need to do this.

I honestly think Toei has their plate full with One Piece, Dragon Ball Super and World Trigger, also Toriko was not as huge as they wanted it to be, the manga is still going but its not Top 3 material. Pierrot is really hit and miss with their episodes.

Also Toei as of late has been extremely lazy with their animation, so I don´t have high hopes for them.

So yeah, I want the team that worked on Gintama (Sunrise) or the team that worked on Hunter x Hunter 2011 (Madhouse), anything else I´ll accept but I would bitch about it on the internet.

Meffer

They would be afraid of money if Toei didnt get this. It has potential to be the next DBZ/OnePiece phenomenon, 1 - 1 storytelling is needed for this. The people that worked on Toriko need to do this.

Oh hell no, Toei should never touch this. Their animations suck. The only studios that can work this are Madhouse, Trigger or Sunrise.

As long as Toei doesn't get it I'm generally happy, I would like Madouse to get it but if someone like Silver Link, Satelight or P.A. Works gets it I would be completely fine. Just not Toei, never Toei.

Raxus

My Hero Academia

Hello, yes this is Dog-tective. Great stuff as usual as the mini arc winds down. Man this series is moving swiftly. I wonder if we are building up to a major arc or if it will be tinier arcs like this for a while. Either way I am cool with either if the quality keeps up.

I am salivating at the thought of another fight like the Stain Fight.

Turns out the Japanese take on the western superhero concept is rather good.

Not surprising, really. It's always fun when Japanese writers take on more Western core tropes. Tiger & Bunny did a little more work in the decon/recon space, but it turned out damn well. Eyeshield 21 is sort of another example.

This chapter was great, btw. Stain went out better than I expected him to. That menacing foreshadowing from a few chapters back still hasn't culminated in anything, though...

SalvaPot

More than when he is going to die I think we have to think on HOW he is going to die.

I think he is going to die giving Deku the True One for All, in a moment of need.

upandaway

Only two ways I can see All Might going down (and it's pretty obvious he will, I'll be blown away if he can retire in peace)

1. Whitebeard style, accomplishing huge feat after feat AND having crazy handicaps AND being injured AND outnumbered etc etc
2. From the conversation with gramps it sounded like maybe One for All people die in some kind of circumstance (like, dunno, when their successor takes over I guess) and All Might was keeping this secret from Deku

SalvaPot

I like how Gran Torino pretty much predicted what was going to happen, and also the mention of
All for One
is a pretty big deal. It seems we are getting a huge cast of villains too.

I am worried about how they are going to insert our teenage heroes into the story, as said by the dog they are not technically allowed to fight crime yet, since they are too young, so what kind of catastrophic event would force them to get action?

Also, DekuXOchako is sailing smoothly.

cHaotix8

Saw this thread a few weeks back and decided to pick this series up. Man, was I glad I did! It's like reading Eyeshield 21/early Naruto all over again. The art style, character development and plot are all top notch for a Shonen series, and I haven't been able to say that for a long time. All the characters are pretty unique and likable, and All Might is one of the best mentor characters in the genre.

I just finished reading the most recent chapter and am excited to see how the story evolves now that all these new big bads have been announced. Also subbed to WSJ to support the author. It feels good being able to look forward to a weekly release that isn't One Piece again.

SalvaPot

Saw this thread a few weeks back and decided to pick this series up. Man, was I glad I did! It's like reading Eyeshield 21/early Naruto all over again. The art style, character development and plot are all top notch for a Shonen series, and I haven't been able to say that for a long time. All the characters are pretty unique and likable, and All Might is one of the best mentor characters in the genre.

I just finished reading the most recent chapter and am excited to see how the story evolves now that all these new big bads have been announced. Also subbed to WSJ to support the author. It feels good being able to look forward to a weekly release that isn't One Piece again.

Welcome! This series is going to be big, I tell you. Also you might want to pick of the first volume, its on sale on the US x), I think its still at a discount on Amazon =D.

Most of the villains at the end of the chapter seemed pretty young too.

There's sort of a generational transition going on; much like how the new heroes are stepping up to fill the shoes All Might is shortly going to vacate, new villains are coming up, uncowed by the legend.

It's an above-average justification for a prominent young cast, IMO.

WarRock

At the same time, the big bad apparently is from the older generation, and was supposed to be dead, contrasting with the dying All Might.

It's a good set up, let's see how it plays out.

cntr

Banned
At the same time, the big bad apparently is from the older generation, and was supposed to be dead, contrasting with the dying All Might.

It's a good set up, let's see how it plays out.
TV Sensei is training Hands, so I'm pretty sure All for One is transferrable and Hands will inherit it. So he's the final big bad.

Can we get an omake chapter or even a Jump Next thing of Hand Crusher Todoroki. Best scene this arc. Oh and Bakugou's moment too.
COZxi_fXAAQ-g7R.png

Ashodin

Some really badass panels in this one. Like the thumbs up from All Might.

fuckin next week though UUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

tumblr_m934hfztvH1r1ang0o1_400.gif

Got to read the last two chapters finally.

Good thing Ochako has gravity manipulation, otherwise she'll be falling for Deku pretty soon
please don't kill me

Hand-crusher omake pls

Thumbs-up for All omake pls

Everyone gets their hair styled omake pls

Hope next week is filled with stuff! Oh, and anyone have a good idea of a schedule of when to expect chapters?

cHaotix8

What an eventful chapter. This is my first time reading it on a weekly basis now that I've caught up and now I realize how great the pacing for this series is. I hope the Author can maintain this consistency. No One Piece this week but this helped soften the blow.

All Might is such a cool dude. Calling out Bakugou and the thumbs up really did it for me.

Can't wait for next week.

Top Bottom