• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia (Shonen Jump) move over pirates, ninjas, reapers, its Hero time

SoulUnison

Banned
I'm surprised people are going so wild for the Dragon quirk.

I actually sort of groaned when it happened. It just seems...really, really specific for what are basically genetic mutations, even for a "world where nearly everyone has a power."
Like, how does the power to completely transform into a perfectly viable version of a totally fictional creature happen? It just feels like too much for a Quirk.

Like, if her ability had been, say, super-hard lizard scales or claws and fangs and she just went with the dragon theming to be cool, that'd be hype.
But full blown transforming into a dragon in a Chinese dress is dangerously close to the Quirk version of "jumping the shark," for me.

cntr

Banned
tumblr_oq5odz4ozp1vuik2ko1_400.png

Lunar15

I love how the slow build up was immediately punctured by fast paced chaos. It's kinda similar to Kamino Ward where shit went south fast.

Veelk

Banned
I'm surprised people are going so wild for the Dragon quirk.

I actually sort of groaned when it happened. It just seems...really, really specific for what are basically genetic mutations, even for a "world where nearly everyone has a power."
Like, how does the power to completely transform into a perfectly viable version of a totally fictional creature happen? It just feels like too much for a Quirk.

Like, if her ability had been, say, super-hard lizard scales or claws and fangs and she just went with the dragon theming to be cool, that'd be hype.
But full blown transforming into a dragon in a Chinese dress is dangerously close to the Quirk version of "jumping the shark," for me.

I mean, sure you can have that opinion, it's your right, you got your reasons, all that. However, I have a really strong counter argument to that. It goes....

I have present

Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/PxoGAGk.png[/IMG]

OH MY GOD SHE IS SO GOD. DAMN. COOL.

cntr

Banned
A dragon transformation quirk's pretty well in range for a quirk, imo. It's not like having a tape dispenser elbow and motors built into your legs is a plausible genetic mutation either.

There's a Chinese student in Class 1-B who has a scales quirk.

cntr

Banned
They mentioned that they were going to have a 1-A/1-B co-class, right? We'll get info on the 1-B students then, I'd say.

I don't think most of 1-B's going to be that important, though. Tetsutetsu, Monoma, Kendou, and Shiozaki will be the major characters from 1-B, though I'm also guessing Horikoshi'll give some characters unexpected focus like he did with Twice.

SoulUnison

Banned
A dragon transformation quirk's pretty well in range for a quirk, imo. It's not like having a tape dispenser elbow and motors built into your legs is a plausible genetic mutation either.

There's a Chinese student in Class 1-B who has a scales quirk.

I think part of the sticking point for me is that dragons aren't real - even in this universe since nothing says otherwise - they're entirely fictional.
Sero's elbows and Iida's calves are "weird," but they're objects that exist and are in one specific body part. They're not totally all-encompassing like "completely turning into a mythical creature."
Even Tsuyu has seemingly literally "all the traits of a frog" yet stops far short of actually becoming one.

It makes me wonder if there's an in-universe explanation for the appearance of Quirks, because Ryukyu's Quirk would have some seriously bizarre and even unfortunate implications.

Veelk

Banned
I think part of the sticking point for me is that dragons aren't real, even in this universe, since nothing says otherwise, they're entirely fictional.
Sero's elbows and Iida's calves are "weird," but they're objects that exist and are in one specific body part. They're not totally all-encompassing like "completely turning into a mythical creature."

It makes me wonder if there's an in-universe explanation for the appearance of Quirks, because Ryukyu's Quirk would have some seriously bizarre and even unfortunate implications.

But a dragon is just an amalgamation of real life animal traits into a single animal. Wings of a bat, scales of a snake, body of a lizard, etc. They don't together in that combination, but the individual bits are biologically plausible.

While tapes and engines are man made things. They do not occur in nature at all. It is almost by definition more unnatural than a mythical creature.

Edit: wait, whats unfortuante about her being able to turn into a dragon?

cntr

Banned
You're way overthinking it. The only limits quirks have is that they modify the body or something related to the body in some way, but it's fair game aside from that. Dragons might be fictional, but that's not a big jump when you have artificial things like engines and tape dispensers.

Quirks just appeared as an x-gene style mutation, and I doubt Horikoshi'll ever go into more depth than that about their origins.

SoulUnison

Banned
But a dragon is just an amalgamation of real life animal traits into a single animal. Wings of a bat, scales of a snake, body of a lizard, etc. They don't together in that combination, but the individual bits are biologically plausible.

While tapes and engines are man made things. They do not occur in nature at all. It is almost by definition more unnatural than a mythical creature.

But if you're going to think about it like that then it's almost like she has multiple Quirks that just happen to work perfectly together.
The individual traits of multiple animals across the animal kingdom plus a transformation Quirk that lets her shift form at will.

That somehow makes it stand out even more to me, because it's like she won the "Superpower Lottery" multiple times over, in a row.

Edit: wait, whats unfortuante about her being able to turn into a dragon?

Unfortunate might've been too strong a word too use there, but if Quirks can be so incredibly specific, occur at conception/birth, and can somehow draw from imaginary/pop-culture knowledge, it feels like it points to Quirks being an intentional, intelligently designed phenomenon, whether you take that to mean mad scientists messing with genetics, aliens tampering with the human race, etc., all the way up to some kind of creator deity(s).

cntr

Banned
Quirks don't work like that, though.

Unfortunate might've been too strong a word too use there, but if Quirks can be so incredibly specific, occur at conception/birth, and can somehow draw from imaginary/pop-culture knowledge, it feels like it points to Quirks being an intentional, intelligently designed phenomenon, whether you take that to mean mad scientists messing with genetics, aliens tampering with the human race, etc., all the way up to some kind of creator deity(s).
Yeah, no, you're way overthinking it.

Quirks are based on both natural and human things because they are. They're reality bending powers that obey their own rules, there's absolutely nothing about Ryukyu's power that requires them to be deliberately created. It's a crazy logical leap.

SoulUnison

Banned
Quirks don't work like that, though.

But how do Quirks work, then?
The series has been very intentional about keeping Quirk mechanics on a need-to-know basis for the reader, and has avoided going into any sort of origin for them besides just enough at the outset to contextualize the setting. And even then, it's just "a random thing that happened."

The only limits quirks have is that they modify the body or something related to the body in some way, but it's fair game aside from that.

Literally this same chapter we saw "Leaf Manipulation."

Quirks are based on both natural and human things because they are. They're reality bending powers that obey their own rules...

I feel like it's unfair to say I can't speculate because "that's how Quirks are" when your own explanation of the logistics of Quirks is a handwave and "it's the way it is because it is."
We just don't know anything, really, and One for All has some implications of its own with the accumulated presence of its users that breaks how Quirks can be thought about and disagrees with some of what we've been told.

cntr

Banned
There's only two rules to quirks: they're based around a single central concept, and they're centered on the user's body in some way.

It's pretty silly to assume that the "concept" behind a quirk has to be restricted to natural or real things. If anything, quirks are pretty abstract.

Tsuyu doesn't have the power of a specific species of frogs, she has the power of all kinds of frogs. Sero and Iida have quirks based on machinery. Bakugou's mom and dad have quirks to produce glycerin on their skin and secrete a flaming liquid from their hands, so Bakugou makes nitroglycerin-like sweat from his hands, a perfectly logical and intuitive jump that also has nothing to do with strict reality. Ochako has a completely self-consistent and rigorous quirk that's a nightmare to explain by pure physics, but is trivially easy for a human to understand because you just say "she stops things from falling down".

Quirks are and have always been based on human cultural concepts, not strict physical reality. It's ridiculous to say fictional concepts aren't fair game.

Veelk

Banned
But if you're going to think about it like that then it's almost like she has multiple Quirks that just happen to work perfectly together.
The individual traits of multiple animals across the animal kingdom plus a transformation Quirk that lets her shift form at will.

That somehow makes it stand out even more to me, because it's like she won the "Superpower Lottery" multiple times over, in a row.

That's hardly unusual though. Plenty of people have multiple quirks. Tsukuyomi not only has that a shadow beast, but also a birds head. Todoroki is specifically someone who was produced to have 2 high end quirks. Koji has a rock head while also being able to talk to animals.

Tsuyu is the best counter example since is swept up in "Is like a frog", but if you actually count it out, she has has more abilities than possibly anyone else in the series. She can leap high, cling to walls, has a super long and powerful tongue, has super swimming, can spit poison, store items in her stomach and reguritate them, and change her skin color.

So...yeah, I don't see the problem in the idea that Ryukyu just happened to be born with a really, really good quirk. Plus, we only just saw her. All we know about her right now is that her becoming a dragon lends her extra strength. She can probably also fly and breathe fire, but that's not confirmed. But it's also not something that is OP in the realm of powers we've been presented here, given other quirks.

Again, engines and tapes literally cannot occur in nature, so I think Ryukyu becoming a dragon is far more plausible than Ida's legs being a thing that literally cannot happen in nature. So if soft science plausibility is something you wanted, that boat kinda sailed a long time ago. It's not even that I necessarily disagree, I feel I would ahve preferred something more quantifiable, but I just had to accept it as a premise of the series way back.

I don't know if MHA will ever actually go into explaining where Quirks game from, but a creator of some kind has always been in the cards as far as I'm concerned.

cntr

Banned
So far, quirks have been self-consistent in how they've been used, and that's more than enough for me. Realism and logic is a lower priority than internal consistency, at least for me.

Literally this same chapter we saw "Leaf Manipulation."
By "related to the user's body", I mean that the user must do something to activate it. There don't seem to be any quirks like "causes bad luck to everybody", you have to do something like touch or look at someone, or something like that. Manipulation quirks count since you usually have to wave your hands or something to do it, Avatar-style.

I don't know if MHA will ever actually go into explaining where Quirks game from, but a creator of some kind has always been in the cards as far as I'm concerned.
I could see MHA going there, but I doubt it will.

I do think we'll get into the idea of All for One screwing around with shit, though. There have to be descendants of people who shouldn't have had the quirks they did but do because for All for One, right?

SoulUnison

Banned
Quirks are and have always been based on human cultural concepts, not strict physical reality. It's ridiculous to say fictional concepts aren't fair game.

But there you go!

Quirks being based on "human cultural concepts" yet just being some random occurrence that happened suddenly and affected nearly the entire population of the planet (animals included occasionally,) is dramatically, narratively bizarre for a series that's trying to subvert, explain, and ground its setting and attached tropes. Why do "Quirks" as a concept have any awareness of "human cultural concepts?" Why do Quirks get to be "meta?"

It just feels like a giant looming blind spot in the worldbuilding that's waiting for the most dramatic moment to be filled.

If we get to the end of the series and Quirks are truly just some completely random occurrence that got handwaved on the first pages of Chapter 1, it'll feel a bit like one of the major story threads has no real pay-off, and also that we're skipping some plot directions that would make a lot of sense for someone to be exploring. I mean, if one day you woke up and 99% of humans were changed on a fundamental, unknowable level that went against the very laws of sense and reality, wouldn't you be horrified?
Yeah, we have abilities now, cool - but the universe just proved that abstract, reality-bending, involuntary changes can just happen on a planetary or even universal scale, and this time it was cool magic tricks and superpowers, but what could be next, and when?

Someone has to be researching Quirks and thinking of the implications of their origin being either engineered or pure chance, and it'd be a glaring and suspicious omission to never touch on it in-universe.
A lot of people should be existentially terrified in a way that can't really be resolved, and that's not even touching on the fridge horror of the infinite range of pregnancy complications that Quirks create.
Death in childbirth is something that's still oddly high, even in modern civilization with our greatest medical advancements, and that's without fetuses that can generate electricity, or sprout razor blades, or burst into flames.

I'm sort of surprised that the series went in the direction of "Quirk marriages" and pumping out offspring until you reach an ideal rather than some sort of voluntary Children of Men scenario where women are terrified of conceiving because there's just so many ways that baby could randomly kill you over 9 months.

Veelk

Banned
Again, I don't necessarily disagree. I mean, I don't really mind what MHA does too much, but I generally like something more rigorously defined in my fiction.

My only question is, where have you been all this time? Because this isn't new. This has always been the conceit of the series.

SoulUnison

Banned
Again, I don't necessarily disagree. I mean, I don't really mind what MHA does too much, but I generally like something more rigorously defined in my fiction.

My only question is, where have you been all this time? Because this isn't new. This has always been the conceit of the series.

I've been here since the anime debuted, caught up to the manga and stayed with it between seasons, and I've always found some quirks to be a little specific, but for some reason it took a woman turning into a full fledged dragon to push me over the edge into "hold on a second here..." mode.

cntr

Banned
The fuck are you even on about, dude? Relax and think about what you're even saying, because it doesn't make coherent sense.

Quirks don't manifest until you're a few years old, by the way.

I think quirks are pretty rigorous. Nobody says that intuitive cultural concepts can't be as rigorous as strict logical concepts. Especially for a fictional world where you can do whatever you want.

SoulUnison

Banned
The fuck are you even on about, dude? Relax and think about what you're even saying, because it doesn't make coherent sense.

I mean, just because this isn't the conversation you want to be having doesn't mean i'm babbling incoherently.
I feel like this Quirk has pushed my suspension of disbelief the slightest bit too far, it highlights some in-universe concepts that you'd think would be big deals to the characters, and some elements of the series clash narratively with how it seems to revel in deconstructing and grounding shounen and western superhero conventions.

Pretty simple discussion to follow, man.
You don't have to take it personally and get hostile.

Literally the first thing we're shown in the series is a "newborn baby," still in the delivery room, strongly exhibiting its Quirk.
If you don't like what I want to discuss and speculate on that's cool, but don't be rude and then make up facts.

Veelk

Banned
I think quirks are pretty rigorous. Nobody says that intuitive cultural concepts can't be as rigorous as strict logical concepts. Especially for a fictional world where you can do whatever you want.

Cultural concepts existing as physical mutations isn't rigorous since it can be....well, literally anything. It's the direct opposite of rigorous, It's as flexible as can be. What you mean is that it's internally consistent with whats been presented, which I agree.

Ascheroth

I feel like turning into a dragon is pretty straightforward as far as quirks go.
Conceptually it's not much different from Kendou making her hands bigger, Shoji growing body parts, Momo creating stuff from her body, etc.

Nighteye being able to look into the future is probably the biggest 'how does this even work'-ability if you look at it from the 'realistic' angle.

You just have to accept that quirks can be anything as long as they are internally consistent. Kinda like better defined Stands.

cntr

Banned
Yeah, sorry, got a bit annoyed.

Quirks are based on human concepts. But it doesn't follow that because something is based on a human concept, it was created by humans. That's a reasonable assumption for real life, but it's a silly assumption to make for the rules of a fictional world. Think about this.

I'm sure there are people who worry about metaphysical changes, but quirks gradually appeared over the period of a century in-universe. During which an apocalypse happened. Normal people will just shrug and get used to it. People who worry about reality changing again can just stick to their philosophy departments where the rest of the world can ignore them, as they should.

The pregnancy thing is total nonsense, because quirks don't manifest until you're about 4. And we do know that that's dangerous, it's implied Shigaraki accidentally killed his parents this way.

Literally the first thing we're shown in the series is a "newborn baby," still in the delivery room, strongly exhibiting its Quirk.
If you don't like what I want to discuss and speculate on that's cool, but don't be rude and then make up facts.
And we're literally told within that same chapter that nearly all quirks manifest when you're 4 years old. Don't call me an ass when I've crosschecked this shit, jeez.

SoulUnison

Banned
The pregnancy thing is total nonsense, because quirks don't manifest until you're about 4. And we do know that that's dangerous, it's implied Shigaraki accidentally killed his parents this way.

And we're literally told within that same chapter that nearly all quirks manifest when you're 4 years old. Don't be an ass when I've crosschecked this shit, jeez.

And again, the very first scene of the series is a baby freshly, delivered displaying, its Quirk, presumably unconsciously since it's an infant.
Present Mic also tells a story about injuring his parents and the doctor actively delivering him at the time with his Quirk, the implication being that "Voice" was already active in the womb, but the liquid environment probably kept fetal Mic from crying and activating it until he was mid-delivery and using his lungs for the first time.

My point of pregnancy in this universe being a biological Russian Roulette is still very much plausible, not "total nonsense."

Nighteye being able to look into the future is probably the biggest 'how does this even work'-ability if you look at it from the 'realistic' angle.

Yeah, Nighteye is terrifying because, under scrutiny, "Foresight" can suggest predestination, or even - in an extreme interpretation - the lack of or temporary removal of free will.

cntr

Banned
Okay? Because some quirks manifest so early doesn't mean it turns the setting into that weird dystopia you're projecting.

From all appearances, it seems to be rare enough that we've only heard of it twice, and both of them as jokes. It's pretty suggestive that it was at birth and not, you know, actually during pregnancy, too. Given its rareness, it's probably about as likely of a "Russian Roulette" as a modern pregnancy, not at all a big deal if you have access to a doctor.

In real life, if something like quirks appeared, we'd get used to it. Maybe we'd burn everything down in the Mutant Wars, but after that, people would just shrug and accept that it's just how the world works.

It's really annoying you're trying to make these logical jumps to "deconstruct" the setting and insulting us for pointing out things simply because you found an exception or two, because it doesn't actually make sense. It doesn't tell us anything helpful about the series, and it isn't fun to discuss.

Yeah, Nighteye is terrifying because, under scrutiny, "Foresight" can suggest predestination, or even - in an extreme interpretation - the lack of or temporary removal of free will.
Except then the idea of proving Nighteye wrong and avoiding fate is immediately brought up, showing that it's an open question.

Stop trying to force your interpretations onto the setting, please. It's not fun to talk about, and they don't make sense.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I don't know why Nighteye doesn't touch every one of them to see how things pan out.

caliph95

Which is funny when he decide to touch a random dude because he was too much of a scrub and not a true fan

Though he probably recognise him but it's funnier that way

Honestly his quirk is the only one pushing it for me the Dragon is more straightforward and believable than a few quirks

SoulUnison

Banned
Okay? Because some quirks manifest so early doesn't mean it turns the setting into that weird dystopia you're projecting. From all appearances, it seems to be rare enough that we've only heard of it twice, and both of them as jokes. It's pretty suggestive that it was at birth and not, you know, actually during pregnancy, too. It's probably about as likely of a "Russian Roulette" as a modern pregnancy, not at all a big deal if you have access to a doctor.

...I don't really see what's humorous about a glowing baby, and Present Mic tells his story to be humanized in a funny and relatable way...but he still injured his parents, his doctor, and presumably a nurse or two.
Yes, we've only seen two examples directly in the story, but one of them was the very first appearance of the entire phenomenon, and it's not like the narrative is going to take a random pitstop to list "statistics involving Quirk manifestation at birth."
From a storytelling perspective, we can glean more from the fact that we've seen/heard of it happening twice than we can from looking at it as "only" seeing it occur twice.
I was just applying scale to the idea that with billions of people on the planet and about 80% of them having Quirks, even a 1% chance within that population means that it's happening somewhere, pretty much all the time.

I've never been a woman or had to worry about pregnancy, but if someone told me I had even a 1% chance of the baby inside me randomly injuring or killing me in some pretty potentially gruesome ways, it'd be enough to give me pause on the entire "having kids" concept.

It's really kind of annoying you're trying to make these logical jumps to "deconstruct" the setting and insulting for pointing out things simply because you found an exception or two, because it doesn't actually make sense. It doesn't tell us anything helpful about the series, and it isn't fun to discuss.

I'm not really sure who I'm "insulting." If anything you're the one being oddly aggressive towards someone wanting to analyze the media in question in its dedicated discussion thread. I haven't resorted to name calling like you have. I never said I was dropping the series. I just came to in to share my two cents on a recent development and it bloomed into a casual little theorizing session on what the series is to different people and where it might be going.

Real talk, this is as "insulting" as I'm going to get: I don't think you personally get to decide what's "fun to discuss," and your weirdly insistent need to control the dialog and dismiss any conversation you don't personally want to engage in in an increasingly transparent and hostile way is extremely off-putting. I'm not trying to "force" any sort of interpretation. I'm just having a bit of fun theorizing the universe we're presented with because we're between chapters now and what else is there to discuss unless we're just supposed to keep singlemindedly gushing about and going over whatever the current/latest chapter of the moment is? You are in no way held hostage by my rantings and you're certainly not mandated to respond to them.

If you are so flagrantly "annoyed" by the idea of someone having a slightly different view of a comic series than you yet still enjoying it enough that they seek out other fans to discuss it further, I would hate to see what happens when any sort of actual disagreement occurs in your life.

I don't understand why you're taking it so personally, and I don't understand what your concept of "sense" is.

cntr

Banned
...you're saying a lot of ridiculous things and immediately accusing me of making stuff up when I was expecting to have a reasonable discussion about a comic book, not long rants about metaphysics and dystopias. Of course I'm going to be annoyed.

But whatever.

(If the idea of what can happen during a quirk pregnancy scares you, by the way, never read about what happens in real ones.)

SoulUnison

Banned
...you're saying a lot of ridiculous things and immediately accusing me of making stuff up when I was expecting to have a reasonable discussion about a comic book, not long rants about metaphysics and dystopias. Of course I'm going to be annoyed.

But whatever.

(If the idea of what can happen during a quirk pregnancy scares you, by the way, never read about what happens in real ones.)

You twice made sweeping, objectively incorrect statements about plot details while simultaneously attacking me personally and patting yourself on the back for "crosschecking this shit."
When presented with multiple pieces of evidence to the contrary you couldn't just fall amicably into the conversation or gracefully bow out, it had to be basically "that doesn't matter because I don't care about it," while continuing to use needlessly hostile language.

What exactly is the definition of "reasonable," here? because it seems like it's "topics cntr deigns to allow."

Of course I'm going to be annoyed.

You say that like it's a given, but...what? "Of course you're going to be annoyed" because someone's having a conversation on the internet that doesn't align with your opinions? Because someone wants to explore concepts and thoughts you have no personal interest in?
Isn't your avatar from JoJo Part 5? You like JoJo's Bizarre Adventure and specifically the arcs featuring Gold Experience
Requiem
and King Crimson, possibly the trope codifiers for "even overthinking it isn't enough to fully understand how it works," but you're completely adverse to thinking about or discussing the scope and mechanics of fictional worlds and powersets?
I know it's called a "thread," singular, but you realize multiple conversations can occur here in parallel without you needing to volunteer as some sort of Thought Police, right?

And what's with that bizarre, condescending parting shot, anyway?
Who above the age of, like, 12 isn't aware of the mechanics of a pregnancy?
That's middle school Intro to Health material.

Seriously, someone wanting to wax philosophic on a comic book series shouldn't be able to push your buttons as violently as it appears to.
Dude to dude, maybe get a night's sleep and reflect on your tone a bit, because I feel like something worrisome is happening with you.

cntr

Banned
I am annoyed, but you're assuming I'm way more than I actually am. Yes, probably should've dropped it a long time ago, but here I am.

And...you're talking about a 1% chance of bad shit happening to you in a pregnancy as unreasonably high. Of course I'm going to comment on that, because it's a lot higher than 1% in real life.

SoulUnison

Banned
And...you're talking about a 1% chance of bad shit happening to you in a pregnancy as unreasonably high. Of course I'm going to comment on that, because it's a lot higher than 1% in real life.

I said "even" 1%. The entire point of the...point...was to pick an extremely low chance and...point out that even such a low probability would, at least to me, be something to consider.
And now you're arguing that it's actually way more likely than that with only natural causes and not even considering the extra layer Quirks would add?
How... What's your stance here, again? How exactly is that not agreeing with me? You're tilting at windmills.

I'm going to bed.

cntr

Banned
...still totally baffled as to why that conversation happened, but good night, I guess.

nighteye's quirk is pretty balanced because it's turned him into a total fatalist who only acts on surety
yeah if they ever manage to prove one of his predictions wrong, he's going to be shook.

H'okay, pushing past all that...

They mentioned that they were going to have a 1-A/1-B co-class, right? We'll get info on the 1-B students then, I'd say.

I don't think most of 1-B's going to be that important, though. Tetsutetsu, Monoma, Kendou, and Shiozaki will be the major characters from 1-B, though I'm also guessing Horikoshi'll give some characters unexpected focus like he did with Twice.

Shinsou is Class B now, isn't he? He'll probably be prominent.

For some reason I also expect Pony girl to figure into it. We'll see.

cntr

Banned
Shinsou is Class B now, isn't he? He'll probably be prominent.
Shinsou's still not yet in the hero class, but I'm pretty sure he's going to join 1-A. He's getting personal training from Aizawa, is pretty much Aizawa 2.0, his major interactions have been with 1-A students, Deku and Ojiro, and he'd be a fun 'Sixth Ranger' to mix the dynamics of class up. And he'd replace any potential student traitors.

(Would be funny if Shinsou and Ojiro ended up being best buds or something.)

For some reason I also expect Pony girl to figure into it. We'll see.
I considered including Pony in that list, haha. But I wasn't sure if that was going to be a thing or not. I could see Horikoshi giving a moment like that to everybody in 1-B without making them major characters.

I wonder if anybody in 1-A speaks English? Wouldn't be surprised if Deku and Momo spoke it, they seem the type.

Jintor

I STILL WANNA FIND OUT WHAT'S UP WITH SPEECH BUBBLE HEAD

they even show up in the anime with speech bubbles WHICH DOESN'T EVEN MAKE METASENSE waragh

Top Bottom