• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia (Shonen Jump) move over pirates, ninjas, reapers, its Hero time

caliph95

Freaking love that arc, in large part because it centers around Ida. God, it was so much fun thinking about him turning evil because who would think Ida as evil anyways?
Look at him truly he screams the future evil villain
tumblr_o6ixi9pvFJ1runvnao2_1280.gif

The Stain would be great to see soon

Jintor

we still haven't even gotten anywhere close to resolving the traitor plot point. personally i think it's probably just a villain quirk of some description, but i don't even think we'll be dealing with it for a while

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
we still haven't even gotten anywhere close to resolving the traitor plot point. personally i think it's probably just a villain quirk of some description, but i don't even think we'll be dealing with it for a while

I can live with the wait. Blue Exorcist did a very similar plot line to what everyone imagined the traitor arc in MHA will be, and holy fuck is it the best part of that series. I don't think MHA could really beat it, atleast not for me.

caliph95

I doubt we would see the traitor anytime soon unless the next couple of chapters Mirio messes up his hair and Aizen'd it.

It doesn't seem to be a big deal and will probably be one of the side characters that didn't have much focus and was forced to

Soul eater had a trator plot point and it was just some dude

Jintor

is the BE manga worth it? I watched the movie which was AMAZING and the series which was a lot less amazing, but i hear the series goes sideways at some point (typical pre 2014 bones adaptations)

FlowersisBritish

The anime is standard shonen i heard the manga was getting good when the anime diverged

Yesssssss. Issssshhhhhh. Its a series of highs and lows. It consistently hits pretty cool moments and equally consistently hits pretty dull moments. There are a lot of cool ideas in it that are never used as much as they really should be. Anyway the part im talking about is dope af and the arc after is equally fantastic. Then things get weird again. BE is kind if a mess tbh.

caliph95

Yesssssss. Issssshhhhhh. Its a series of highs and lows. It consistently hits pretty cool moments and equally consistently hits pretty dull moments. There are a lot of cool ideas in it that are never used as much as they really should be. Anyway the part im talking about is dope af and the arc after is equally fantastic. Then things get weird again. BE is kind if a mess tbh.
When should i start read
I hope there is no good guy satan

FlowersisBritish

When should i start read
I hope there is no good guy satan

Nope? Was that a thing? Im so glad I didn't watch the anime, that thing sounds bonkers. I think after the trial? Which is where it gets weird because if i understand right, goes straight to season 2 because..... Reasons.....

caliph95

Nope? Was that a thing? Im so glad I didn't watch the anime, that thing sounds bonkers. I think after the trial? Which is where it gets weird because if i understand right, goes straight to season 2 because..... Reasons.....
Yep the motive they gave him that he loved protag's mom and is fulfilling her dream of demons and humans living together in harmony in his own way. Never mind he acts like a complete asshole to everybody and is responsible for the deaths of lot of people some of which related to the main cast but good guy satan

is the BE manga worth it? I watched the movie which was AMAZING and the series which was a lot less amazing, but i hear the series goes sideways at some point (typical pre 2014 bones adaptations)

Yes but its monthly and some months we only get like 16 pages :( i would watch both anime seasons (s1 original arc was really good).

I would still start the manga at chp1.

Veelk

Banned
That DBZ game trailer makes me want a MHA game soon. They have more than a solid foundation to build on by now. The roster would be really diverse.

Philippo

I want a MHA game in the style of Persona.
Let me handle classes, training, hero interships and relationships, and let me choose which classmate to bring into mission according to my needs.

FlowersisBritish

Not to be a downer, but even though there is a big cast, there is not nearly enough about most of them to make for decent fighting characters. The main cast sure, but not the lesser characters.

Plus fighting games are so dull. I want a MHA Summer Lesson where you play as Eraser Head making sure this group of misfits aren't hurting themselves.

Dynasty

Let me handle classes, training, hero interships and relationships, and let me choose which classmate to bring into mission according to my needs.

Seriously Fuck you, why are you planting such a awesome idea into my head, when it will never happen.

Excuse me, while I go and start a petition.

Ascheroth

Yeah, I thought about something like this as well. Seriously, the format of the manga and the world would lend itself to some kick-ass games.
Someone make those kick-ass games.

Maximo

I want a MHA game in the style of the new Dragon Ball FighterZ,

Voror

I feel like this has probably been brought up but does anyone else think those notebooks of Deku's could become a big problem in the future? Like what if the traitor or any villain for that matter got their hands on those? Granted, there's nothing stopping them from being observant on their own, but still.

That DBZ game trailer makes me want a MHA game soon. They have more than a solid foundation to build on by now. The roster would be really diverse.

I feel like it's inevitable that we'll eventually get something from Namco Bandai on MHA as I feel like they tend to handle all Jump franchises. I feel like we'd see something more like the Ninja Storm games before DBFZ, though the latter would be way cooler. You've already got a huge roster to pick from.

Sort of makes me want to see a One Punch Man game too since you have some good variety there, though with obvious joke that Saitama wouldn't be viable because all his attacks are one shots.

This would be great too.

Philippo

Oh shit, this is a good idea, this is how we make a MHA game.

Seriously Fuck you, why are you planting such a awesome idea into my head, when it will never happen.

Excuse me, while I go and start a petition.

Yeah, I thought about something like this as well. Seriously, the format of the manga and the world would lend itself to some kick-ass games.
Someone make those kick-ass games.

This would be great too.

Don't worry guys, fund me and i'll make it!
f285928060294044bf492fbc108393e3ef25357f_hq.gif

Great chapter, Suneater was awesome, hope to see it animated one day.
Also liked the villains, and thought it was great for villains to use
the power of friendship for a change.

Veelk

Banned
You know, I have to admit, I thought his Quirk was a little weird and kinda underpowered compared to the other two.

But the way he uses it, he's basically a lovecraftian horror superhero. And that's awesome.

Raxus

You know, I have to admit, I thought his Quirk was a little weird and kinda underpowered compared to the other two.

But the way he uses it, he's basically a lovecraftian horror superhero. And that's awesome.

Mental blocks aside this chapter really highlights how versatile his quirk is.

Top Bottom