• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia (Shonen Jump) move over pirates, ninjas, reapers, its Hero time

klaushm

What a chapter. Finally we get settled that it is rewind, it makes sense and Horikoshi gives a believable lie(fantasy logic that makes more sense than don't).

And also, the art. It is back. Horikoshi, hope you are well and rested :)

SoulUnison

Banned
So Deku's plan is...
to keep intentionally injuring himself so badly that Eri's quirk has to keep repairing him instead of rewinding him into oblivion?

That's... Ok, yeah. I always thought it was being overdone for the sake of a meme, but that officially earns him the "Madman" title, for me.

caliph95

So Deku's plan is...
to keep intentionally injuring himself so badly that Eri's quirk has to keep repairing him instead of rewinding him into oblivion?

That's... Ok, yeah. I always thought it was being overdone for the sake of a meme, but that officially earns him the "Madman" title, for me.
Somewhere recovery girl is shaking her head in frustration

wwm0nkey

Basically

adf9ab2c77ba11268674b244778672f3.png

DNAbro

hot damn

I wasn't expecting the Overhaul/Big guy combination. I can see why Deku needs to go all out. Perfectly find with how he's using Eri's power, I can accept it. I'm calling that the fight finally ends next chapter with Deku winning of course.

Also since this is now outside does this count as Deku's public debut?

caliph95

Overhaul too op please nerf

I do wonder since he calls the bullets disposable trash, that one of the main reasons for their existence is to give himself a power up when he needs too

Chase17

Art is looking good again. Worth the trade off even if it's a couple pages shorter than usual.

Chisaki has hit JRPG Boss levels.

Eri ditching Lemillion only to go ride or die with Deku is so disrespectful lol. Even if his cape was there Lemillion is going to have to hold an L.

*The girls show up*
*Busted up Nighteye tells them that they are useless and they should just get him back in the mix*
At least Nejire is still around and will get to do something. I guess saving eraserhead would make the most sense but who knows, maybe she will fight Chisaki too.

Remember OFA can go beyond 100% so this isn't end game Deku preview.

That plus the power builds with each generation. A true Deku at 100% should be, on paper, stronger than All Might.

I wonder if this is meant to be used to give Deku a bit more specific a reputation in story. Ie, as the boy with a power similar to All Might.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Seeing this animated with a Mad Man Deku with an Eri backpack is going to be hilarious to see.

"Hold on tight"

caliph95

I will say if this is a guy too

It's nice a top ten ranked hero us showing how she earned her rank

Also what happened to her ninja sidekick

And I swear there were more heroes And I swear there were more heroes

NSESN

Strong mixed feelings the chapter:
The bad: Rewind is still stupid and the girls jobbing.
The ok: Eri's power isn't controllable and Uraraka took the iniciative.
The good: the good art that we are usedt is back, and Deku full potential being shown. Not only that but Overhaul's attack look incredible now, really liked the part with the spiraled attacks and the part with the giant rocky claws.
Seeing this chapter makes me sure of how important the art is to bring the hype.

Ochako is determined, she's going to play a role now. Please Horikoshi, let's go.
No way she does nothing after hearing that Deku will be killed.

PaulBizkit

What a chapter. Finally we get settled that it is rewind, it makes sense and Horikoshi gives a believable lie(fantasy logic that makes more sense than don't).

And also, the art. It is back. Horikoshi, hope you are well and rested :)

This chapter was TREMENDOUS from start to finish. Eri being rescued, Deku's determination, and the final page... truly amazing, THIS is why I read bnha.

The loli backpack will be so cool to see next week. And yes, thank god for the explanation of her quirk.

Jarmel

Banned
Oh yea this chapter drilled home how fucking broken All Might must have been in his prime. That air pressure stuff would be insane if mastered.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
That chapter was hype as fuck. This arc has been great so far, definitely the best in the series.

"It's such a kind, gentle quirk"

��
Seeing this animated with a Mad Man Deku with an Eri backpack is going to be hilarious to see.

"Hold on tight"

tM8Tpse.jpg

Veelk

Banned
First thing, art is a shitload better right from the beginning. Horikoshi is back to normal.

This is absolutely phenomenal framing. Just goddamn.
Can't wait to see it cut in half and warped once it goes to the volume release :/

But yeah, great chapter. The incredible art is back, deku is amazing, overhaul has another badass transformation... Lots of stumbling points this arc, but it looks like its ending strong as fuck.

Meffer

Yeah this was a damn good chapter. Really looking forward to the volume release of this arc with all the touch ups and fixes.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Night Eye: "No girls, you can't go. You're tired from your fight"

Me: "WHAT FIGHT!?!?! WHERE WAS THEIRGOD DAMN FIGHT!?!?!?"

But for real, I have a bunch of minor complaints again but hot damn I am excited to see Deku fight with the limiters off and to presumably see his limbs literally explode over and over again. I just really wish Overhaul was cooler. Like, I really wish Deku was busting this busted tech against someone who hasn't been getting his ass handed to him all across this arc. At least he upgraded his spikey floor move to spiky branch move.

Top Bottom