• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia (Shonen Jump) move over pirates, ninjas, reapers, its Hero time

SalvaPot

Started reading this, almost caught up but I'm really digging it, first Shounen since Kekkaishi I can say that about.

The lead is growing on me a lot. I wasn't a fan, but he's already maturing and has always used his head in tight situations.

I do hope that if this last, they don't go through all four years of school and the author skips to at least the forth year.

I have been tempted of reading Kekkaishi but always forget about it, maybe after I´m done with JoJo, that series is loooooong.

The series seems to go at a fast pace, so it should go quick enough I hope.

ss-hikaru

Wait, so mind reader guys previous teammates say they have no memory from when they got brainwashed, but when Deku gets brainwashed he's still mentally aware (like thinking, it can't end this way and flashing back to his convo with his classmate)?

SalvaPot

Wait, so mind reader guys previous teammates say they have no memory from when they got brainwashed, but when Deku gets brainwashed he's still mentally aware (like thinking, it can't end this way and flashing back to his convo with his classmate)?

I think that was because he broke out of it out of his own will? That would be my guess.

I have been tempted of reading Kekkaishi but always forget about it, maybe after I´m done with JoJo, that series is loooooong.

The series seems to go at a fast pace, so it should go quick enough I hope.
Yeah, I hate that Viz stopped doing the three in one version for Kekkaishi. If you are looking for a different flavor from Yellow, check out his Birdmen.
It's foreshadowing brah.

ss-hikaru

I think that was because he broke out of it out of his own will? That would be my guess.

Maybe it was because Deku was aware of mindreader guys power, whereas his teammates weren't? So in their case they were controlled and had no memory of what occurred whereas Deku was kinda expecting it so still ended up being controlled but was aware that it was occurring?

But it's not a big deal so I won't stress too much about it :p Mind reader dude seems a bit lazy with his power, he should work on better ways to trick people into talking to him than just trying to provoke them (although it worked the first time lol stupid Deku. I guess it was necessary so they could show the voices in his head thingo).

Nightbird

This Chapter has been great!

I'm so happy for Kouhei that he's successful now. I've been rooting for him since Oumagadoki Doubutsuen. I like all his Series, and BnHA deserves all the Praise it gets. Can't wait for an Anime to come out and see it's Popularity explode for real!

Raxus

This fight has been fantastic so far. Truth be told I thought a major event would occur before the fight ala Naruto's Chuunin exam.

Maximo

Can't wait for this to become a anime holy hell this manga is so good. MC is really likeable and love that hes not overpowered as shit from the get go. Really hoping the Manga keeps the quality up I haven't enjoyed a manga this much in a loooong time, Im actually jumping up like a kid this chapter cheering him on.

cntr

Banned
People always say MHA has potential. That's not true after Chapter 39.

It has fucking realized its potential.

Congrats, Izuku, you are more of a true hero than virtually all other superheroes.

SalvaPot

Damn this is not going the usual shonen route, the battles so far have been really realistic with their outcomes, and
deku losing at this stage
makes a lot of sense.

Looking forward to the next battles and where the story goes from here.

Maximo

God dam Manga just keeps getting better I believe this is the first Manga I have actually read from the start and not due to reading one later on, because I enjoyed the Anime so much and wanted to continue on with the story.

Puruzi

Banned
DmnLTDi.png

rejoice.png

Maximo

Man, this sounds like something I could really get into...
Haven't read any yet? You really should. Takes inspiration from American "superhero" comics mixed with a shounen Manga that has one of the most likeable MC"s in a long time.
Avoid all spoilers and get on that shit now.

SalvaPot

So far, so awesome.

But I've seen a lot of shonen go bad in my day...

Let´s hope Hero is more Hunter x Hunter than Naruto.

But really, so far the characters seem to be growing realistically AND evenly, all 5 main characters are getting meaningful scenes and even the secondary characters are given panels constantly, we are so close to the first anniversary too.

Damn, time goes fast.

Madhouse for sure, look what the did with Hunter x Hunter and tell me its not the right choice.

Sunrise would be my second choice too, they worked on Tiger and Bunny and Gintama, so they can make great use of the characters if they ever have to make filler.

Or Pierrot.
I agree. Madhouse is the man. Hunter is amazing, parasyte and my love story are good too. They have range and would do justice to this.
Also Studio Bones if madhouse can't.

SalvaPot

I agree. Madhouse is the man. Hunter is amazing, parasyte and my love story are good too. They have range and would do justice to this.
Also Studio Bones if madhouse can't.

My love story is Madhouse too? Damn, no wonder I loved the animation of that series.

Studio Bones is a nice choice, but I kinda dislike how they go full lazy in some minor scenes.

Top Bottom