• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community [OT3] Surely You Saw This Coming

New DVD announced has the season 5 two-parter opening on it! We have the title and a vague description:
Coming June 30th
1 My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic: The Show Stoppers
2 My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic: The Return of Harmony, Part 1
3 My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic: The Return of Harmony, Part 2
4 My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic: Cutie Markless, Part 1
5 My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic: Cutie Markless, Part 2

Join The Quest That Everypony Must Take: To Find Their Own Cutie Mark!

In Equestria, being true to yourself is the key to earning your cutie mark. But staying true to yourself is just as important! Join Twilight Sparkle, Apple Jack, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash — as well as everyone's favorite Cutie Mark Crusaders, Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle, Apple Bloom and Babs Seed — as they journey to find their own Cutie Marks, take on the spirit of chaos and disharmony and visit a village where… everypony has given up their Cutie Marks?! It's all here in Cutie Mark Quests!

Only the bolded part is relevant, and it all it does is seemingly confirm that the villagers gave up their cutie marks willingly. You know, assuming we can take a DVD description at its word. There's also the odd mention of Babs, but I doubt that means anything.

Also, the magical girl fan-comic has revealed that one of the Shadowbolts is actually Flash Sentry. I suppose the fact that he's seemingly romantically linked to Pinkie instead of Twilight makes it fine *shrug*. Also, the fight that has lasted for years is still not quite over.

$200

Banned

In Equestria, being true to yourself is the key to earning your cutie mark. But staying true to yourself is just as important! Join Twilight Sparkle, Apple Jack, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash — as well as everyone's favorite Cutie Mark Crusaders, Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle, Apple Bloom and Babs Seed — as they journey to find their own Cutie Marks, take on the spirit of chaos and disharmony and visit a village where… everypony has given up their Cutie Marks?! It's all here in Cutie Mark Quests!
CMCs in a two-parter? Do not want.

I just chalk that up to the description writer being told to list out the Cutie Mark Crusaders, him or her seeing that Babs is sometimes listed among them, and unthinkingly listing her too.

Also, Princeton course on fanfiction will include / included some MLP stuff, specifically the Luna fic “Luna, There’s a Sentient Race Inside Your Mane” dramatic reading, and Friendship is Witchcraft (no episode listed). At first, I thought it was the one there was a NeoGAF topic about before, but no, this is a different one.

Just read Friends Forever #14. The fact that there is a dragon ghetto in Fillydelphia that has apparently been there for a while results in a lot of odd things concerning dragons. Why was there so little information about dragons available in "Dragon Quest" and "Secret of My Excess" if there are even dragons writing superhero books? And Spike's status as an assistant is even odder now that we know that there are friendly dragon families who could have taken him in. Other than that, the issue was decent enough. The fangirl dragon was fun. It was disappointing that Luna didn't really do much and that there wasn't a confrontation with a big dragon like implied by the cover, though.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Dragons could have moved in recently?

Dragon's Quests always came off a bit odd. Ponies somehow don't know much about Dragons but they know them well enough, and are apparently at least on good enough terms where a migrating group of dragons don't torch every pony town they come across.

Comic did need more Luna. It was a very good Spike story, not so good Friends Forever story. Plot wise the only thing that seemed really off was
that out nowhere subplto of Luna being disappointed in Spike.

PaulloDEC

That whole deal with dragons seems kinda messy across both comics and television, so I figure it's best not to think about it too hard for now. The mere fact that giving a student of magic a baby dragon to raise is an acceptable thing to do brings a lot of questions with it.

Anyway, quite a sweet issue. As the Doc mentioned, it ended up being pretty Luna-lite, and the scene where Luna
loses her temper with Spike
seemed kinda superfluous. Otherwise it had a lot of fun moments, with my favourites being
Mina fangirling over Luna
and the older detective
poking holes in Luna's "send them to the arctic north" solution to troublemakers.

Orcastar

Season 5 is set to begin on 4 April.

Pony fans, rejoice! An all-new season of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, the beloved series created by Hasbro Studios, debuts on Discovery Family April 4, with two back-to-back premiere episodes at 11:00 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. Packed with new adventures, characters and self-discovery, Season 5 kicks off with a very special one-hour premiere, as our favorite ponies continue to explore the true magic of friendship only possible in Equestria.

SEASON 5 COMING APRIL 4

People were starting to think it would air in May, so this is very good to hear.

Also, synopsis of the starter episodes:
Season 5 will really delve more into how the magic of cutie marks and friendship can impact those around you," teases Hasbro Studios Executive Director, Brian Lenard. "You're going to see a lot of new and exciting characters this season, and first and foremost is Starlight Glimmer.

In the Season 5 premiere of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, the Mane 6: Twilight Sparkle, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Rarity and Applejack meet Starlight Glimmer when they are summoned to solve a friendship problem only to find a utopian village in which everyone has given up their Cutie Marks. At first look, the ponies in this village appear happy, but it soon becomes clear that Starlight Glimmer has a vastly different and rather sinister view on friendship and the individual talents that make Equestria's ponies so special. The season is full of Cutie Mark Magic!

This cliff-hanger episode heralds a season filled with surprises and special treats for viewers, including the appearance of celebrity guest voice Tony Award-winner Lena Hall, the series' exciting 100th episode, fun holiday specials and several new, original songs soon to be fan-favorites. In this season, viewers will be introduced to new characters and see background characters brought to the forefront for the first time, all as part of a journey that embraces such themes as individuality, coming of age, facing fears and achieving your dreams.

Starlight Glimmer, huh? Another not-quite Twilight Sparkle name. Also, at first I misread the press release and thought the Lena Hall episode would be the premiere, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

draetenth

Apparently, the
Smooze
makes it's return.

At least, that is what Equestria Daily is saying... I haven't seen anything about it yet...

Edit: Just, watched the teaser trailer at Eq Daily. Looks like it is true.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
There was a clip from episode 509 (the 100th episode) among those animatic shots that may have given away the plot of episode 100.

Cranky and Matilda are getting married.

McNum

Apparently, the
Smooze
makes it's return.

At least, that is what Equestria Daily is saying... I haven't seen anything about it yet...

I will admit, I am not that surprised at the
return of the Smooze for FiM
, but having it happen
at a formal dance
is just hilariously crazy-awesome. That has to be a product of a "give us your silliest ideas" brainstorming session.

PaulloDEC

SEASON 5 COMING APRIL 4

People were starting to think it would air in May, so this is very good to hear.

Nice, didn't expect it so soon!

Neat little promo image:

20150305150045ENPRN179799-Discovery-Family-My-Little-Pony-90-1425567645MR.jpg

Trailer/Teaser/Promo Youtube link.

Sciz

I'll assume he's sitting on his own little throne just to the right of Twilight's chair, off the bottom of the panel.

Apparently, the
Smooze
makes it's return.

At work, I thought this was old news being brought up again, so I highlighted it and got hit by some actual spoilers.

Now that I've watched the actual teaser (by the way, how could you mention it but not link it?), I can say
from this post, I had thought that the Smooze would be the source of the equalizing in the opening two-parter, but instead, we're getting what seems to be a one-off comedy episode. I really like the look of that episode, returning to the Grand Galloping Gala except with Discord and his slimey friend. If episode 100 really is about Cranky and Matilda's wedding, then I'm really glad they're actually going to make a story out of that. I had previously thought it would be interesting if they made an episode about that, with the premise that Pinkie wants to make it an even bigger event than Cadence's wedding, to the distaste of Cranky.

EDIT: This comic is cute, though I imagine I won't like the later parts.

First off: Huzzah! Season 5 to finally arrive!!! So excited!
Second off: Cindy Morrow is back for this season! I am sure this is old news for you guys but I haven't been following the pony news very closely lately. Cindy Morrow is my very favorite writer and was pretty legit bummed out when she didn't return for season 4. I am very happy she is back, she is in my opinion the most consistently good writer,

PaulloDEC

First off: Huzzah! Season 5 to finally arrive!!! So excited!
Second off: Cindy Morrow is back for this season! I am sure this is old news for you guys but I haven't been following the pony news very closely lately. Cindy Morrow is my very favorite writer and was pretty legit bummed out when she didn't return for season 4. I am very happy she is back, she is in my opinion the most consistently good writer,

I think I'm right in saying that Mitch Larson is back too. Exciting times!

draetenth

At work, I thought this was old news being brought up again, so I highlighted it and got hit by some actual spoilers.

Now that I've watched the actual teaser (by the way, how could you mention it but not link it?)...

1)Sorry

2) Sorry, it didn't occur to me. I'm not used to getting news before anyone else (too used to Gaming side where people like Shinobi and Wario64 seem to get gaming news instantaneously). Heck, I only found the trailer in the first place because I clicked on the Season 5 airdate link you and Orcastar posted and noticed it off to the side and just clicked on it. I guess I just figured everyone else would have done the same?

It's fine, it's just that I make it a policy not to go to Equestria Daily, look at pony images, or watch pony videos at work. It seems that the trailer was posted on ED while I was at work anyway.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I don't see how they've spoiler much. They've introduced the premise for the episode, that's it. It's not like the good guys are going to lose, so some of the quick shots from (likely) the episode's end aren't surprising.

PaulloDEC

I don't see how they've spoiled much. They've introduced the premise for the episode, that's it. It's not like the good guys are going to lose, so some of the quick shots from (likely) the episode's end aren't surprising.

Yup. Let's not forget that the opening story is a two-parter, meaning roughly 44 minutes total runtime. We've seen, what, maybe 2 mins? About 6 if you include the SDCC storyboard sequence? There's a lot we've yet to see.

And a really creepy knock off game has shown up on iTunes. It's called Pony Dentist even though it uses Equestria Girls designs, but that's the least of its problems. Not posting the images due to the horror.

I don't understand this at all. Is it meant to be cute? Or is it some kind of twisted revenge fantasy for someone who hates MLP? It defies explanation.

I'm kind of hoping that what we're seeing is actually the middle of the second episode, and after defeating the villain, they ask where she got the magic to do this, then suddenly a magical projection of the Dragon Queen appears to say that she's disappointed in how the villain handled the power she gave her, and tells the girls that they will see her again soon. All while Satsuki's theme from "Kill la Kill" plays.

$200

Banned
PonyGAF's Season 4 ratings:

For Whom the Sweetie Belle Toils (5*3+4*0+3*0+2*0+1*0)/3 - 5.00
Pinkie Pride: (5*4+4*2+3*0+2*0+1*0)/6 - 4.67
Castle Mane-ia: (5*4+4*1+3*1+2*0+1*0)/6 - 4.50
Rarity Takes Manehattan: (5*3+4*3+3*0+2*0+1*0)/6 - 4.50
Filli Vanilli: (5*2+4*2+3*0+2*0+1*0)/4 - 4.50
Three's A Crowd: (5*2+4*3+3*0+2*0+1*0)/5 - 4.40
Princess Twilight Sparkle - Part 1: (5*3+4*3+3*1+2*0+1*0)/7 - 4.29
Power Ponies: (5*3+4*3+3*1+2*0+1*0)/7 - 4.29
Simple Ways: (5*2+4*1+3*1+2*0+1*0)/4 - 4.25
Maud Pie (5*1+4*3+3*0+2*0+1*0)/4 - 4.25
Testing Testing 1, 2, 3 (5*1+4*3+3*0+2*0+1*0)/4 - 4.25 - new
Pinkie Apple Pie: (5*1+4*5+3*0+2*0+1*0)/6 - 4.17
Princess Twilight Sparkle - Part 2: (5*3+4*2+3*2+2*0+1*0)/7 - 4.14
Flight to the Finish: (5*1+4*4+3*1+2*0+1*0)/6 - 4.00
Leap of Faith (5*1+4*2+3*1+2*0+1*0)/4 - 4.00
It Ain't Easy Being Breezies: (5*0+4*2+3*0+2*0+1*0)/2 - 4.00
Rainbow Falls: (5*2+4*2+3*1+2*1+1*0)/6 - 3.83
Trade Ya! (5*1+4*1+3*2+2*0+1*0)/4 - 3.75 - new
Bats!: (5*0+4*1+3*4+2*0+1*0)/5 - 3.20
Daring Don't: (5*0+4*1+3*4+2*1+1*0)/6 - 3.00
Somepony to Watch Over Me (5*0+4*0+3*4+2*0+1*0)/4 - 3.00
Twilight Time (5*0+4*1+3*0+2*1+1*0)/2 - 3.00

S1 & S2, S3

PaulloDEC

PonyGAF's Season 4 ratings:

For Whom the Sweetie Belle Toils (5*3+4*0+3*0+2*0+1*0)/3 - 5.00
Pinkie Pride: (5*4+4*2+3*0+2*0+1*0)/6 - 4.67
Castle Mane-ia: (5*4+4*1+3*1+2*0+1*0)/6 - 4.50
Rarity Takes Manehattan: (5*3+4*3+3*0+2*0+1*0)/6 - 4.50
Filli Vanilli: (5*2+4*2+3*0+2*0+1*0)/4 - 4.50
Three's A Crowd: (5*2+4*3+3*0+2*0+1*0)/5 - 4.40
Princess Twilight Sparkle - Part 1: (5*3+4*3+3*1+2*0+1*0)/7 - 4.29
Power Ponies: (5*3+4*3+3*1+2*0+1*0)/7 - 4.29
Simple Ways: (5*2+4*1+3*1+2*0+1*0)/4 - 4.25
Maud Pie (5*1+4*3+3*0+2*0+1*0)/4 - 4.25
Testing Testing 1, 2, 3 (5*1+4*3+3*0+2*0+1*0)/4 - 4.25 - new
Pinkie Apple Pie: (5*1+4*5+3*0+2*0+1*0)/6 - 4.17
Princess Twilight Sparkle - Part 2: (5*3+4*2+3*2+2*0+1*0)/7 - 4.14
Flight to the Finish: (5*1+4*4+3*1+2*0+1*0)/6 - 4.00
Leap of Faith (5*1+4*2+3*1+2*0+1*0)/4 - 4.00
It Ain't Easy Being Breezies: (5*0+4*2+3*0+2*0+1*0)/2 - 4.00
Rainbow Falls: (5*2+4*2+3*1+2*1+1*0)/6 - 3.83
Trade Ya! (5*1+4*1+3*2+2*0+1*0)/4 - 3.75 - new
Bats!: (5*0+4*1+3*4+2*0+1*0)/5 - 3.20
Daring Don't: (5*0+4*1+3*4+2*1+1*0)/6 - 3.00
Somepony to Watch Over Me (5*0+4*0+3*4+2*0+1*0)/4 - 3.00
Twilight Time (5*0+4*1+3*0+2*1+1*0)/2 - 3.00

S1 & S2, S3

Woah, "For Whom" is the highest rated episode from S4? Weird.

Sad to see "Twilight Time" in last place, too.

Top Bottom