• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic season 5 |OT| 100+ episodes and better than ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So much vibes from "The great divide" in this episode but in a good way compared to that thing

also the MC didn't have to lie to solve the issue :p

its hilarious that being the Princess of Friendship doesn't stop Twilight from being a huge dork lol

I really enjoyed this one. Lol @ "We will paint the mountain top with red!" Violent imagery, even if they are just referring to tomatoes.

Next week is my most anticipated episode: The Mane Attraction. It already has the best song from the series, but it is also AKR's swan song. So it will be bitter sweet. Can't wait for it.

draetenth

Loved this episode:

- Twilight and Fluttershy were really cute in this.
- Fluttershy has a book club with her animals. It even looked like they were discussing the book when Fluttershy was leaving.
- Twilight was really uh quite happy about finally getting a Friendship problem to solve. Seemed like classic Twilight to be so over prepared.
- Fluttershy kept having trouble carrying the saddle bag while Twilight didn't.
- So apparently the balloon is there just for anyone to use or something. I mean it was just tied down in the middle of the open.
- I actually liked the design of the two families. Though given the similarities of many of the McColts make me wonder about some things. >.> The Hooffields didn't even look that similar (they looked like family, but not like a family that got a bit too close).
- The one Hooffield made me think of Granny Smith.
- I liked Twilight's version of the Royal Canterlot voice which was just amplifying her voice box.
- Poor Twilight looked so sad when she was failing. :(

There's probably more, but that's what comes to mind.

PaulloDEC

its hilarious that being the Princess of Friendship doesn't stop Twilight from being a huge dork lol

I don't think there's any force in Equestria that could stop Twilight being a huge dork.

Next week is my most anticipated episode: The Mane Attraction. It already has the best song from the series, but it is also AKR's swan song. So it will be bitter sweet. Can't wait for it.

I've been really hanging out for that one too. I'm dying to see that great song all properly animated and whatnot.

Loved this episode:

- Twilight and Fluttershy were really cute in this.
- Fluttershy has a book club with her animals. It even looked like they were discussing the book when Fluttershy was leaving.
- Twilight was really uh quite happy about finally getting a Friendship problem to solve. Seemed like classic Twilight to be so over prepared.
- Fluttershy kept having trouble carrying the saddle bag while Twilight didn't.
- So apparently the balloon is there just for anyone to use or something. I mean it was just tied down in the middle of the open.
- I actually liked the design of the two families. Though given the similarities of many of the McColts make me wonder about some things. >.> The Hooffields didn't even look that similar (they looked like family, but not like a family that got a bit too close).
- The one Hooffield made me think of Granny Smith.
- I liked Twilight's version of the Royal Canterlot voice which was just amplifying her voice box.
- Poor Twilight looked so sad when she was failing. :(

There's probably more, but that's what comes to mind.

I loved seeing the balloon again, if only to make a break from all the train-rides they've been on lately. I'm going to assume that Twilight arranged to have it made ready during that five minutes when she crowded the throne room with books.

Orcastar

Good episode, much better than last week's. Seeing Twilight totally geek out about finally getting called by the map to solve a friendship problem was fun.

On another note, it's a good thing Twilight cast that freeze spell when she did.
And if Twilight waited half a second... (linked because pinning to the ground and blushing)

Close up of Twilight's blackboard. Unlike previous examples, there's no way this makes sense, but now we know that a cake divided by a cupcake is a pie.
vlcsnap-00014.png

Fluttershy learned from Nightmare Night how to dodge tails. Linked because the gif also includes Fluttershy looking at Twilight's butt, making it too big to embed.

Adorable Fluttershy gif.

And a sprite version
crittercare_by_mrponiator-d9gp7jg.gif

Dog-like Sparkle

Comparison that shows a pretty clear visual inspiration by the Disney short "The Martins and the Coys" (itself inspired by the Hatfields and the McCoys). BTW, Disney no longer includes the short in Make Mine Music releases due to the guns.

The best video, and a slightly different gif version.

And I suppose Twilight did have a big book with her.

Comparison that shows a pretty clear visual inspiration by the Disney short "The Martins and the Coys" (itself inspired by the Hatfields and the McCoys). BTW, Disney no longer includes the short in Make Mine Music releases due to the guns.

I knew the landscape looked familiar. I thought it was from a Looney Tunes short, which explains why I couldn't find it.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Same day as Thor 3, and only a few weeks before a new Disney/Pixar film and new "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" by the "Despicable Me" studio.

I get the feeling they're sending this film out to die.

Same day as Thor 3, and only a few weeks before a new Disney/Pixar film and new "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" by the "Despicable Me" studio.

I get the feeling they're sending this film out to die.

I would imagine that the failure of Jem shook their confidence a lot, but I doubt they were ever expecting this to be a blockbuster. This was always going to be a relatively low budget film with an expectation of a modest box office, and as long as both fans and little girls go out to watch it, I'm sure it will be fine. A big part of Jem's failure is attributed to both having bad reviews and being disowned by the fans, preventing any positive word of mouth.

what is this supposed to be

Cell animation?

3D?

Live action (with 3d stuff)?

It's the same style as the show, except apparently being done in ToonBoom instead of Flash. ToonBoom is the program used by Disney shows like Wander Over Yonder and Star vs. The movie takes place in the universe of Friendship is Magic with the same main characters and actors. It's just being called "My Little Pony" instead of "MLP: Friendship is Magic" for marketing purposes. The reasoning behind this goes back to how DuckTales: The Movie was a flop, yet A Goofy Movie (based on Goof Troop) was a modest success--because parents didn't think they had to be familiar with a show to watch it.

As for the live action thing, we actually do know from the Sony E-mail Hacks that when Hasbro was shopping this to Sony for distribution, someone at Sony suggested that the story should be more like that of The Smurfs. Considering that Lionsgate is the distributor now, we know that fell through. The hacks also unveiled some story details for the movie, though they easily could have changed since.

I didn't know they were making another Grinch movie. Then again, after the Jim Carrey version and the forgettable Horton Hears A Who, I don't exactly have confidence.

Also worth noting from Box Office Mojo's page for the movie is that apparently Emily Blunt will provide a voice for the movie. I'm not sure how accurate this is, but neat. One thing I've noticed with this show is that the high profile guest voice actors have mainly been men, up until this Saturday's episode, including the potential upcoming Shatner guest voice, so it's nice to have a big name actress. Also a reminder that Kristin Chenoweth is part of the movie too. We knew that from the day the movie was officially announced, but I had to look her up to remind me of that.

Does Thor 3 really pose much of a threat to MLP though? Aside from a few adult dorks, is there much audience overlap there?

Marvel is known for having a pretty great track record in movies though. Then again the last Thor film was hit and miss.

Still going to get worried about whether or not the MLP film will do well, especially since it will also be followed by Pixar film's Coco as well. And the Grinch remake, but the studio hasn't really had much luck outside of the Despicable Me films.

But I'm looking forward to the MLP film nonetheless, even though we gotta wait almost 2 years. I'll be patient though lol.

Friendship is Magic #36
In the end, Celestia and Luna appearing was just to give an excuse for why Sombra didn't finish off Twilight. And Chrysalis didn't finish her off just because. At least the story is finally acknowledging that the other "villains" aren't evil enough to want what is happening.

I did like that Cadance got a lot to do this issue, bonding with Hope and revealing the true form of the Umbrum, who have neat designs. Their part of the issue was pretty good.

Still, I can't say I'm a fan of the direction this story arc went in. Perhaps it would have been better if it was focused on Hope and Sombra, and the other villains weren't involved.

==

Comixology has a 50% off sale for MLP comic volumes, and it will last until November 23.

The comic art book, Art is Magic, is up for preorder! ED says it's up for release, but the release date is December 3.

Also, I love comics involving Twilight forcing her ships.

EDIT: New alternate cover for issue #39

I was waiting for more news to pop up, but there was nothing of note, so here's a comic that ties into last week's episode while it's still relevant.

Tomorrow is the last non-finale episode, "The Mane Attraction", which means that soon we'll need something to do over in the Community thread. I've been thinking of making a recommended episode list, or rather two lists: one that lists the episodes most worth checking out, and one that lists the bare minimum for catching up to the series (with the assumption that series openers and finales must be included). Sure, this is a mostly episodic series, but at 117 episodes, it must be intimidating for new people, and episodic shows like Star Trek: TNG have recommended episode guides. Going from season 5 back to the start, we could vote on the episodes to include in both lists, maybe one season each week.

That was a surprisingly straightforward story. Applejack reunites with her friend, sees that there's a problem, tells her about the problem but gets turned down, but then Applejack easily gets proof and things go swimmingly from there. This stuck out to me because none of the characters seemed to struggle much. AJ goes right back to talking to Coloratura after she sends her away, Coloratura follows her advice, and it works out right away. Even in other straightforward episodes, we'd see AJ ask, "Will I lose my friend... forever? *cut to commercial*", but this surprised me with how low key it all was.

This isn't a bad thing, but it was something I found unusual. I agree with Orin that this made the episode seem to fly by. I am glad that they didn't do the thing where Colortura would pretend she didn't recognize AJ.

The episode was pretty enjoyable, and all of the scenes were just fun even if the actual story moved at a slow pace. Pinkie in particular was pretty good, and I liked small touches like Amethyst Star being one of the organizers (after her complaints in "Slice of Life") and the autotune effects being achieved by a unicorn shooting a beam right into Coloratura's throat. It will be sad to no longer have any Amy Keating Rogers episodes in this show after this.

When the preview animatic was shown, a lot of people thought that Coloratura gained her cutie mark during the song, but in actuality, she just has the Rainbow Rocks ability in pony land or something. It is a bit disappointing that this means this wasn't our first post cutie mark CMC episode, but they still had some fun scenes, and AJ got to use her Element of Honesty.

Of course, the songs were great, even the overly autotuned one.

Speaking of which, "The Magic Inside" has been submitted for consideration at the Daytime Emmy Awards. Note that the Daytime Emmys aren't that well regarded, though; I don't think they even have a televised award ceremony anymore.

And in other news, after Felicia Day expressed interest in appearing on the show, she got an invitation. She has appeared on several TV shows, but I'm most familiar with her from Geek and Sundry.

PaulloDEC

I love the idea of making a recommended episode list. I most certainly contribute.

Yup, I'm onboard.

That was a really sweet episode.

Preview for finale:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meNmuUvsB58

Doesn't fill me with much confidence.

Looks crazy!

That episode felt like it lasted 5 min

Seriously! I checked the time at one point expecting to be half-way, and there was only a few minutes left.

That was a surprisingly straightforward story. Applejack reunites with her friend, sees that there's a problem, tells her about the problem but gets turned down, but then Applejack easily gets proof and things go swimmingly from there. This stuck out to me because none of the characters seemed to struggle much. AJ goes right back to talking to Coloratura after she sends her away, Coloratura follows her advice, and it works out right away. Even in other straightforward episodes, we'd see AJ ask, "Will I lose my friend... forever? *cut to commercial*", but this surprised me with how low key it all was.

Agreed. The song had led me to expect something a bit more dramatic, but things moved in a pretty simple manner. Ultimately it was a sweet story, and a nice send-off for Amy Keating Rogers.

EDIT: Knocked up a quick concept-vs-execution video of "The Magic Inside".

EDIT:
One thing that stands out to me is that in the storyboard, the lengths of horns and legs were greatly exaggerated, and it's much easier to notice Coloratura's tears.
==

Applejack rings in the start of a love triangle involving her, Rara, and Rarara. Also, I just noticed that Coloratura continues the trend of thick eyebrows for new mares this season.
1027149.gif

Seriously, there's a ton of shipping art already. I won't post those, but here is a bunch of art of AJ and Rara together (ship name is Applera, apparently).
AJ and Rara
Hoofsies
AJ and Rarara (minus ra)

As for that last part of that first sentence,
Image 1
Rara Rarara

And also, apparently "rara" actually is a real life shorthand for coloratura, allowing someone to call that nickname beforehand. Warning, 4chan posts below.

And miscellaneous gifs.
Skipping Lyra (linked for size)
And Super Saiyan God Pinkie

draetenth

Decent, if predictable episode. Was kind of bad for me as a hard of hearing person because I never knew what any of the new pony's names were before this thread (and I'm not sure what name I heard now that I know the proper name)...

I liked Pinkie and her expression's in this episode.

AJ and Rara were cute as fillies (were AJ's freckles on her face between her eyes instead of her cheeks or was I imagining things? It went by so quickly...)

Filly Rara didn't really sound like a Filly when singing.

Rara must be pretty naive to not notice how bad her manager was...

Hey, that was photo finish at the charity event with the school ponies (and we see a couple of returning children like the one with weird, but super strong teeth).

It must suck to be a pony singer/dancer... The extras had to keep getting on their hind hooves and flailing their front ones around and Rara had to play a piano at the end... Sucks to play for any length of time given that they have to stand on their hind hooves. I really wanted to see the piano keys because I must know how they can make any decent sounds with hooves.

The songs were ok (I can't figure out if the second song was supposed to be bad or if people/ponies actually think that pop stuff sounded good). The last song went on a bit too long and I couldn't hear what see was saying.

Rarity was annoyed that Rara kept moving around during dress up.

Heh, unicorns light up their horns during concerts like people have lighters.

Decent, if predictable episode. Was kind of bad for me as a hard of hearing person because I never knew what any of the new pony's names were before this thread (and I'm not sure what name I heard now that I know the proper name)...
Since you kept using the name "Rara", if you don't already know, the character's name is Coloratura (with the stage name Countess Coloratura), and Rara is just Applejack's nickname for her.

On another note, I know that there were already a bunch of remixes of "The Magic Inside" / "I am Just a Pony" based on the animatic preview. Does anyone have any links to them? Here's a recent one that ED posted.

Coloratura was able to get a Drawfriend on ED to herself. The only other characters this has happened to were Chrysalis and Flutterbat, though Rara got less images than either of them. I believe Coco came close but just took up the majority of the normal Drawfriend.

Most notable from that list is this "animated image", linked because big. Here's the still version:
Capture.JPG

Rogers also tweeted a bunch about this episode. Here are a few of them.
1kfZhgQ.png

(the last was water from Rainbow Falls)

If you need confirmation, Rara was based on Gaga.
9q7es4G.png

And a sad tweet.
An2lJQr.png

And unrelated to this episode, I like this "What About Discord" art

Second half of season 5 coming to Netflix on December 28.

In less relevant news, Lauren Faust is no longer working on Medusa, or working at Sony. Some people have suggested in the past that it would be good for her to come back to MLP for an episode, but with another project of hers falling through, I feel like there's real danger that she'll just be "the pony lady" if she does that before getting an unrelated success.

Twilight's actions in this episode may have screwed her over

And while there have been a ton of remixes of "The Magic Inside", here's a remix of the "Spectacle" song.

PaulloDEC

In less relevant news, Lauren Faust is no longer working on Medusa, or working at Sony. Some people have suggested in the past that it would be good for her to come back to MLP for an episode, but with another project of hers falling through, I feel like there's real danger that she'll just be "the pony lady" if she does that before getting an unrelated success.

Bummer that she ran into trouble on Medusa. It seems like she spent quite a lot of time working on it, too.

I think she'd be better off steering clear of pony, honestly. Even if she felt like returning (which I doubt is the case anyway), getting something totally new out the door would probably be better for her career.

And while there have been a ton of remixes of "The Magic Inside", here's a remix of the "Spectacle" song.

Pretty creative remix, that one.

On the less outrageous end of the spectrum, here's a pretty simple "The Magic Inside" remix. Doesn't stray far from the original, which I quite like in this case.

Pretty creative remix, that one.

On the less outrageous end of the spectrum, here's a pretty simple "The Magic Inside" remix. Doesn't stray far from the original, which I quite like in this case.
Pretty good. On that note, a realistic version of "The Magic Inside". Silly horse, you can't play the piano with hooves. Though personally, I would have preferred the super realistic version with neighing.

EDIT: Random thought, I'd be interested in seeing an episode where a Coloratura concert gets caught up in a crime and it's up to Noir Rarity to solve it, especially if Rara decides to take part in the noir sequences. Call it "Ra Ra Rarity".

PaulloDEC

Pretty good. On that note, a realistic version of "The Magic Inside". Silly horse, you can't play the piano with hooves. Though personally, I would have preferred the super realistic version with neighing.

This killed me. The singing mixed with the oblivious piano noise was hilarious.

On a related note, I noticed that you actually can see the piano keys in some shots, and they actually are hoof-sized. Nice detail for those who care.

As a heads up for those who watch MLP on TV, the finale starts half an hour earlier than usual.

It's difficult to make any guesses about how the finale will go, beyond Starlight Glimmer turning good in the end, simply because of how open-ended the premise of altering the past is. Are we just going to see just one bad timeline? Will there be a lot of jumping back and forth? Will we see Twilight's Canterlot friends? Will the "unequal four" from the season premiere return? Will the CMC have a big role? Will Nightmare Star from the trading card game appear? Given that every major season 1 character has returned this season besides Trixie, will she have a major role in these episodes?

One thing I do actually expect them to do is have Twilight as a normal unicorn for at least a bit. But will she regain her wings as a natural consequence of reuniting her friends, or will the timeline have to be set right again, or will she have to perform some ritual again?

Anyway, on another note, another unexpected remix from the previous episode. "Equestria, the Land I Love".

And more Equestria Girls mini playsets, this time with a sleepwear theme. I've stated before that I'm not a fan of the Equestria Girls designs and toys, but these minis have been definite exceptions.

PaulloDEC

As a heads up for those who watch MLP on TV, the finale starts half an hour earlier than usual.

It's difficult to make any guesses about how the finale will go, beyond Starlight Glimmer turning good in the end, simply because of how open-ended the premise of altering the past is. Are we just going to see just one bad timeline? Will there be a lot of jumping back and forth? Will we see Twilight's Canterlot friends? Will the "unequal four" from the season premiere return? Will the CMC have a big role? Will Nightmare Star from the trading card game appear? Given that every major season 1 character has returned this season besides Trixie, will she have a major role in these episodes?

One thing I do actually expect them to do is have Twilight as a normal unicorn for at least a bit. But will she regain her wings as a natural consequence of reuniting her friends, or will the timeline have to be set right again, or will she have to perform some ritual again?

Anyway, on another note, another unexpected remix from the previous episode. "Equestria, the Land I Love".

And more Equestria Girls mini playsets, this time with a sleepwear theme. I've stated before that I'm not a fan of the Equestria Girls designs and toys, but these minis have been definite exceptions.

I can't even begin to imagine what they'll pull in the finale. There's been lots of stuff hinted and teased, but how it'll all fit together... I'd actually rather not even guess. Hopefully there'll be some nice surprises in there.

And those little figurines are fantastic. If I was as much a fan of EG as I am of MLP, I'd be all over them.

I am both very excited for the finale but also sad because it means another long hiatus.

This too. I feel like it's going to be a long wait this time.

UberTag

Well, that was all kinds of epic. Probably wrapped up a little too tidily and I would have liked more teeth to Starlight's backstory. Plus, the ending montage seems to infer that she's going to be part of the gang when Season 7 kicks off minus the adjustment curve that one might have expected. It was a treat seeing all of the villains (minus the ever-snubbed Trixie) again. The art inspired from this episode is going to be out of this world.

Big time props to Kelly Sheridan for her voice acting stint here. I've been a long-time fan of hers since the infamous FOX Kids Escaflowne dub and her robust resume of roles since so I'm glad to see her land a meaningful role with this franchise.

I do think this may have been somewhat of a wasted opportunity to show some really inventive alternate timelines instead of just doing a run-through of the villain hall of fame. Why couldn't we have seen a timeline with an evil, corrupt Celestia (or is that the true present storyline) or one where Derpy was an overlord making everyone feed her muffins?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
bw7FoUt.gif

That made absolutely no sense whatsoever. But they seemed to realize that and just went balls-to-the-wall stupid and silly with the time travel and it resulted in being quite a bit of fun if you don't think about it too hard. None of the timelines made sense.

Starlight Glimmer backstory and redemption was really, really underwhelming I thought. She lost one friend and was willing to let Equestria burn.

Starlight Glimmer backstory and redemption was really, really underwhelming I thought. She lost one friend and was willing to let Equestria burn.

The actual transition from villain to friend was way too abrupt. It was like Twilight just had to rattle off a few quick sentences and Starlight was moved to tears. Felt unnatural in its timing, but I guess they had to fit in the rushed Episode III-like montage at the end somehow.

Other than that important storytelling issue, I liked it.

I will agree on the somewhat quick turn around and reasoning being kinda weak.

Also i thought it would have been nice if Twilight showed her past to let Glimmer see that even having a cutie mark you could be friendless and you just have to start forging that path on your own.

I thought that was a pretty good story, conceding that the differences between timelines didn't make much sense. Why are all the threats mutually exclusive? And how does Flim and Flam's rise prevent the others in particular? Though I got a kick out of seeing them in the montage. It was interesting seeing the timelines, including the long-awaited return of Chrysalis in the show (and this is the first time her name was actually mentioned in the show). All the scenes at Flight Camp were pretty good, my favorites being Twilight trying to get Dash to race her, only to scare her off, and Twilight and Starlight's fight distracting Dash from the race.

That said, I was disappointed that we didn't get much of an exploration of how the lives of the main six changed, with more focus placed on the season bookend villains (and Flim & Flam). All the girls still had the same cutie marks, as far as I could tell, and some of them were even still together. Twilight also never ran into herself. However, this did make some sense when it was clear that the important thing was them all becoming friends, not them getting their cutie marks, and that the key was to just talk to Starlight, not try to fight back against her. Incidentally, the timeline that Twilight showed Starlight was probably the one where Pinkie didn't get her hair cut in "It's About Time".

It was also a bit annoying seeing Twilight be slow to catch onto what's happening.

Concerning Starlight's power level, I get the impression that Twilight would have beaten her in a straight fight after some time, but dragging out the fight at all would have distracted Dash.

When Starlight talked about how her friend getting a cutie mark separated him from her, I was expecting Twilight to bring her to the Cutie Mark Crusaders. I didn't have too much of a problem with her motivation, since friendship is a huge deal in ponyland, and her reformation wasn't bad either. The revelation that preventing Twilight's friendships actually did ruin the world (even with the characters still apparently getting their cutie marks) was the first push, Twilight's speech itself was the second, and Twilight distracting her long enough for things to go on as they should was the last one. I liked that she wasn't really out to ruin the world, but just wanted petty revenge for ruining her grand experiment and didn't believe that Twilight's friendship was that important. I wasn't a fan of the final song (maybe on relistens?), but I did like the montage of Starlight bonding with the girls.

In the end, Cutie Mark Magic didn't appear at all this season, and the Cutie Castle from the mobile game and toyline didn't show up either. I guess that means we won't have to worry about the season bookends being based on toylines anymore.

There is also some odd timing with this episode. With the recommended episode list I talked about us making, I was considering the possibility of leaving out "The Crystal Empire" if we ended up not including any other episodes involving that location, but this episode went ahead and put a lot of focus on a timeline where Sombra is still around. The references to "It's About Time" also mean that it's now a mandatory episode, since you could say you didn't need it for "Twilight's Kingdom"'s explanation for where Tirek came from, but Twilight talking about time travel in this episode needs that episode to make sense.

Speaking of which, I'll start planning out that episode guide next Saturday in the community thread.

And PixelKitties already has some art.

Epic stuff, with a disappointing ending. It's like they built Starlight up too much and couldn't figure out how to end it properly for a kid's show. I also have a problem with the alternate realities. Why does the failed Rainboom cause only 1 villain to become prominent? It should be all of them at once.

I'm also bothered by Nightmare Moon. She wants to go back in time to prevent the Elements of Harmony from being found. Does she mean when she returned? It wouldn't matter, since Twilight was the one who found out about them in the first place. Does she mean during the Reign of Discord? Then she'd have to compete with the God of Chaos, and how would that help her reign last forever?

Orcastar

That was OK I guess, but I was certainly expecting better. Kinda of a weak ending for an otherwise great season.

Twilight took forever to catch on to what was happening during the first half; I thought she was supposed to be the smart one?

Starlight's "origin story" was a bit of a let-down. Her turn from villain to Twilight 2.0 was also really abrupt.

Surprised we didn't get to see
Nightmare Star
in this episode.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Want to add that I'm not a big idea of this presentation that Eqeustria is doomed without the Mane 6. Celestia and Luna ran things for thousands of years before them, or the elements. Celestia ruled for a thousand on her own. Why would they suddenly be completely incapable of defending Equestria?

Do six friends exist nowhere in Equestria that could have utilized the elements instead?

Why does the failed Rainboom cause only 1 villain to become prominent? It should be all of them at once.

That's pretty much why you have to turn your brain off to enjoy the time Travel here. None of the timelines make sense.

1. Sombra is back. OK. How did Celestia deal with Nightmare Moon, Discord and Chrysalis? She didn't need the elements to defeat him last time, what's different now (in fairness the comics have the same problem with the current arc).

2. Why has Chrysalis taken over Canterlot if Celestia found a way to beat her in the last timeline? Where is Cadance and Shining Armor? How would Chrysalis be so powerful without Shining Armor?

3. Why has Nightmare Moon taken over if Celestia found a way to beat her in the last timeline?

4. Had the Discord timeline where Luna has somehow been healed.

All the timelines were fun, but no thought seemed to go into why they would exist. In that sense it was like the last season finale. "We need this big fight scene, and we don't care how we get there".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom