• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

my tv just broke and im depressed as shit

vern

Why are you buying a new one if you sent the current one back for warranty repairs? Won't you just end up with an extra TV later? I don't understand the logistics of this.

His dick is extra small. It's not a logistic nightmare.

StMeph

really need a tv rn. when i get mine back it'll be an extra for the guest bedroom i guess.

I guess if you have a place for it to go after you get the other one back, it's not that bad, but you have no better use for your $200?

His dick is extra small. It's not a logistic nightmare.

That problem is still beyond modern medicine.

What the hell is a TCL tv?

TCL is a Chinese company that's been making competent TVs with built-in Roku tuners for some time. They just released a series with 4K + HDR that actually achieves decent HDR, which makes it a good value, because most TVs with good HDR are in the $1000+ range.

Lmao my dude can't wait.

You've got the internet; just download/stream TV. Buying what sounds like an unnecessary and unwanted set to hold you over isn't rational nor financially sound.

jrcbandit

I don't understand the immediate need for another TV. Don't have a laptop or Ipad to watch shows on? Don't have a gaming PC to play games on, or any extra TV in the house to connect a console to? You said the TV would go in the guest bedroom so it makes it sound like you already have a TV in your bedroom .

13ruce

Banned
For that amount of money you should be able to get a pretty darn decent second hand tv from someone who is getting rid of theirs.

Otherwise buy one where you can pay after through a credit card or pay after you recieve the tv some stores allow payment up to 30 days after order. Wich also means you can return it.

Fatalah

Wait, OP... Is this the highly rated 55" TCL model that Amazon had on presale first?

I bought one too 2 months ago!

Wereroku

If you really just need a tv while your old one is being repaired check craigslist you can probably get a decent 32in for 60 bucks or less.

Also why do so many gaf threads have to do with dick size.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
You should have left your TV in a bag of rice with a damp towel wrapped around it and place it in the oven on lowest setting for 3 hours. I wish you posted before you sent it back OP. Now you're guaranteed to get another broken TV from the manufacturer. One with an even worse problem than the one you previously have.

You can get cheap and ultra reliable electronic products from Tinydeals.com. Don't waste your time on warranties. They're for suckers and Amazon thinks you're a sucker for selling you one. You wont find anything like a warranty on Tinydeal.com.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Does anyone else ever think about how cool "freaknik" is? I was thinking about the freaknik a bunch at work today when my co-workers put on the Smashmouth greatest hits.

spock

Might want to consider a projector. For that price, or even better if you can spend a little more and don't need 4k you could get something really good. I went with an Epson projector when I upgraded during the summer and its like straight up having a theater in your house. Gaming is awesome on this particular model as it has very little latency. Also, has 3d support which some of the best you can experience if you're into that. It's much different watching on home projection vs TV.

D i Z

Learn to love your tablet if you have one. You can watch a lot on it, and it's cozy. Load it up with all you've got! Also, it'll make your dick not look so tiny when you press it against it.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
maybe don't come into a thread about depression and brag so much.

Don't judge dude. Not everyone deals with things the same way you do. Maybe he's just trying his best to be brave about all this.

Chinese-built electronics are always a risk imo. There's a reason those are the cheapest flatscreens on the market.

Most TVs are built in China though.

Fuuuck. Its the worst. Im on my 4th TV in the last year. Some bad luck for sure. Now I just settled with this one that has a dark smudge that covers like 15% of the screen. I just dont give a fuck anymore.

Blablurn

What's worse is getting that new TV and then there's like bright spots or dead pixels or whatever and you're too lazy to return it but you still use the TV cause otherwise it's fine but every time you watch something your eyes slowly drift to the corner and that bright spot/dead pixel just starts blinding you with its existence like the raging sun.

I feel you

FUME5

well good for you fume5.

You aren't going to magically start liking yourself if everyone feeds your bullshit. I've been permanently injured, bankrupt and depressed with some serious substance abuse problems, but no, I never hated myself.

Fuuuck. Its the worst. Im on my 4th TV in the last year. Some bad luck for sure. Now I just settled with this one that has a dark smudge that covers like 15% of the screen. I just dont give a fuck anymore.

I'm taking it your girlfriend 2 before last never came through with the free tv for ya?

ATF487

If you're in Boston you can have my 32 inch 1080p shitbox fo free

going to bring it to electronic recycling in the next few days since I don't wanna move it to my new apt and it's not worth selling. Still works though! Except for the component ports...

Op, if you are that broke go get a damn library card and read a book or two while you wait for your TV to be repaired.

Also, don't buy extended warranties, just get a credit card that offers extended warranty protection on all purchases.

Top Bottom