• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mystery group releases Resident Evil 1.5 trailer

I would totally love to donate to them, but I think any attempt at donation is kinda sketchy due to it not really being their game and all.

Also, from B.Zork on The Horror is Alive thread

not forget to remember family and friends everyone these day! you will have many chance to experience game, but only one to experience this holidays.

Today's Video

THIA

B.Zork said:
LongTimeLurker said:
Ok well the pressure is on, so I'll ask a question that seems to come up quite a lot.

Will The Team make the so called '40% build' available to the community?

is a hard riddle to answer where we are stand without say too many. but here we go.

we hope to make as many of the 1.5s available for plays in as many ways of possible as can. please be to understand that there are many complicates and possibility in the road we face. people will play 1.5 in 2013 and we hope for it not to be only a restriction of the final project release itself. we hope people able to discover what ours and what original and compare and comment between versions. from start we always make a big investment and commit to this project for fans. sadly. thing prematurely announce when staff accident and irrational reason result in uncareful share and talk of things with whom they not can trust and as result injured integrity and project plans. this also may harmed outcome of some many and special things. plan is for all 1.5 to be available. please understand contextual situation and rule nothing out and refrain of irrationals if initial release does not contain everything and what you expect.

making of videos will shed some light on things and we can try answer questions as we go and update on many things. how was that? better than just yes or no?

Nemesis_

dammit
that little kamiya doll sitting on the psx for the load screen
A+

vNOLvvs.png

mattp

i may just be out of the loop, but i know they're basing this on a 40%(or so) complete build of the game, but isn't there a build that's like 80% finished?
are people really that stingy with this shit that they won't share?

Mini Kamiya: "Hmph! Well whatever, game's shit anyways!"

i may just be out of the loop, but i know they're basing this on a 40%(or so) complete build of the game, but isn't there a build that's like 80% finished?

There is a more complete build out there somewhere, sitting in the hands of collectors.

Nemesis_

These builds all exist, yes, but they require copious amounts of money to secure as people are very stingy (and as far as I am aware, leaking a build has legal ramifications that also justify the price).

The most simple and obvious answer is that whoever was in possession of the more complete build was either unavailable to reach, unwilling to sell their build, or willing to sell their build and scared off when it came down to crunch time.

The problem herein is that nobody knows what has happened to the more complete build. And it's also very possible that said build might not even surface again.

mattp

Mini Kamiya: "Hmph! Well whatever, game's shit anyways!"

There is a more complete build out there somewhere, sitting in the hands of collectors.

yeah that's what i was referring to
sigh

what do they have to gain from keeping it from everyone? so stupid

Borman

There is no proof that Ive seen thus far that there is still a copy of a more complete build in collector's hands. Yes, there were the images almost a decade ago, but I dont think that counts at this point.

What this "team" is doing is quite impressive, really.

Nemesis_

yeah that's what i was referring to
sigh

what do they have to gain from keeping it from everyone? so stupid

As I said, it's not necessarily what they have to gain (I mean, it could be, this is a game that is very well regarded by collectors and thus commands a higher price) but also what they have to lose by leaking it (ie. I am fairly certain Capcom's legal team could still prosecute though i could be wrong)

Borman

It's not like 1.5 disks are just lying around Capcom's offices anyway. Quite frankly, most employees probably don't care. Who knows what their management software actually was for the backups in the first place? If it is all on magnetic tapes, assuming a decent backup still exists, that isn't exactly the easiest thing to use. Too many unknowns involved.

iavi

This is some incredibly interesting stuff. Hopefully it makes it to release.

Always damn cool to see the community take on projects like this

ZeroCDR

Astonishing work, I will patiently wait and hope this sees a release soon. I've always been deeply fascinated by RE1.5, RE2 retail is one of my favorite games of all time.

Just to experience what could have been, original RPD looked so cool.

Top Bottom