• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

N64 and 3DS ports: missed opportunities

If we can count earlier 3D games, I'm going to one-up that. Starfox 2 with 64 3D polygons and textures.

starfox2english_41.png

Quest 64 would be awesome if they actually fixed the camera and touched it up in other areas. I have fond memories of that terrible game. I would gladly replay it on the 3DS

tr00per

Pokemon Snap would have been perfect with the 3DS's motion controls and camera.

Hey You Pikachu using the mic on the 3DS

Pilot Wings 64 (much better than that junk Pilot Wings 3D)

Beetle Adventure Racing....just because!

This guy gets it.

Especially the beetle adventure racing with the aroused announcer lol

Having a second stick to play n64 games is awesome.

I second pokemon snap and sm64, though I personally would add mystical ninja, lode runner 3D (in 3D!) castlevania,and maybe clayfighter and the original smash bros

And banjo-kazooie, diddy Kong racing, jet force Gemini, and perfect dark if we could get rare games.

And anyone remember hybrid heaven?

EDIT: Garlador knows what's up

kinn

Would have loved F-Zero X in 3D with the added track editor and other bits from the DD expansion pack thingy.

Ceadeus

Gold Member
I would have like something massive for the N64 on 3DS.

A collection of the most renown N64 games, boxed and remade.

Rare stuff, Nintendo stuff, Doom 64, C&C, RE2, Turok, castlevania.... holy shit :'(

Hyoukokun

Yoshi's Story. There were rumours of a GBA version in the works back in the day, but nothing ever came of them.

Not rumors exactly - there was an actual tech demo used to demonstrate the GBA's sprite capabilities. But as you say, nothing ever really came of it.

I was expecting a lot more N64->DS ports after Nintendo led with Super Mario 64 DS. That said, I'm not sure what I would have wanted to see from them, beyond perhaps a Smash Bros 64 port - which would have lost a lot of its charm without the analog stick controls.

Yukinari

Bomberman 64 1 and 2 as a collection on 3DS.

Even if they stuck with the shitty graphics id still buy it cause i love both.

Matticers

I'm still waiting for them to add Wave Race 64 to the Wii U virtual console. If they can't even add VC games, they'll certainly never do something like more N64 games on the 3DS. Sadly.

It's weird that they don't do more ports since they aren't exactly releasing a ton of amazing games on their systems lately.

Not rumors exactly - there was an actual tech demo used to demonstrate the GBA's sprite capabilities. But as you say, nothing ever really came of it.

I was expecting a lot more N64->DS ports after Nintendo led with Super Mario 64 DS. That said, I'm not sure what I would have wanted to see from them, beyond perhaps a Smash Bros 64 port - which would have lost a lot of its charm without the analog stick controls.
Damn, I didn't know this! Looks neat. I wonder if Yoshi's Topsy Turvy on GBA used the same/similar assets. I still need to add that to my GBA library.

Top Bottom