• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NA PS Store 99¢ Flash Sale (Braid, PvZ, SSHD, Tokyo Jungle, Back to the Future, more)

PranooY

Like all the other games talked about I just do a search on the psn store and they are not even there...
The only thing I could think of for not having them is because I am on a Japanese Vita with a US account and now located in Europe. Or I dunno... It's so odd though.
Tokyo Jungle search for example gives me 5 paint park sticker items, a talkman travel Tokyo (psp game) and nothing relevant afterwards.

So for me the flash sale consists of : Retro City Rampage, When Vikings Attack, Urban Trial Freestyle, Everyday Shooter and Gex : Enter The Gecko

Well, that is weird.
I am located in Europe (So my main PSN account is EU) and i had bought 10 games from US account today using 10$ psn card purchased from Amazon US. Try using the webstore - link given in the OP.

PranooY

Should i be familiar with all 3 "Back to the Future" movies before i play the game?
I may have watched one or two, when i was too young. So cant remember anything besides the basic premise.

Also Sam and Max: Devil's Playhouse is the third telltale Sam & Max game. So is it necessary to play the others?

kitzkozan

I had 8 games in my cart, but decided to drop Red Faction 2 since it seems like it's a vastly inferior sequel. You can't really destroy the environment which was the main draw of the original with the geomod destruction. :^] Bought the 3 Crash games, Spyro the dragon, Back to the Future, Red Faction and Tokyo Jungle.

1upmuffin

I was gonna get CTR and Tokyo Jungle but I only had around $1.50 on my PSN account and I didn't want to add more funds so I just got Tokyo Jungle.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Should i be familiar with all 3 "Back to the Future" movies before i play the game?
I may have watched one or two, when i was too young. So cant remember anything besides the basic premise.

Also Sam and Max: Devil's Playhouse is the third telltale Sam & Max game. So is it necessary to play the others?

BttF film knowledge definitely helps given how fast and furious the references are thrown at the player in the season. Though not ultimately necessary given the plotline is original(and a 'sequel'), many of the cameos and references could leave you feeling a bit confused, but I don't think it would abstract the game that much. There is a bit of expectation that the player is at least familiar with the premise and major players. The game does a decent job of trying to describe many of the necessary references through conversation trees as well, catching you up on prior events, but I have seen the films so many times as a kid it is difficult for me to presume how an unfamiliar player would react. Regardless though, the core plotline and story is pretty separate from the films and can be enjoyed on its own.

I haven't played Season 3 of Sam n Max yet, but I am told it is not necessary. Lots of cameos and references to the first two seasons that newcomers will not appreciate as much, but the story is original and will not detract from missing out. At the very least you aren't missing that much by skipping Season 1. Sam and Max is so zany and ridiculous that random characters and events occur without much development anyway. I also disliked Season 1, and skipped S2, and slogging through those may even sour you on (what I am told) is an excellent Season 3.

Yeah they still show up at 99 cents. I just bought Tokyo Jungle, if I were to get one Crash and one Spyro game, which would the best ones be? Never really played either of them.

EBreda

I had bought TJ and Back to the Future 2 days ago.
Yesterday I went ahead and got Gex, Echochrome2 and Retro/Grade.

You can't go wrong for .99 I guess.

RedSwirl

Damn are you guys strapped for cash? The sale was worthless? really? Geez

A little bit yeah. And I literally don't know when the next time is I plan to buy something on PSN. I haven't seriously played a game on my PS3 in almost six months.

Games I bought:

Back to the Future
Crash Bandicoot
Crash Bandicoot 2
Crash Bandicoot: Warped
CTR: Crash Team Racing
Gex: Enter the Gecko
Jurassic Park
Red Faction
Red Faction 2
Sam and Max: The Devil's Playhouse
Spyro the Dragon
Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage
Spyro: Year of the Dragon
Tales of Monkey Island
Tokyo Jungle

lobdale

3 ft, coiled to the sky
Great deals, got Retro City, Tokyo Jungle, Braid, Monkey Island, Crash 2. I remember when I was livin' in Japan, my buddy bought Tokyo Jungle new for like $45 in Japanese, we were both sure it'd never come out in English.

And here we are gettin' it for 99 cents. SCORE

Pouh

Bought Tokyo Jungle and Retro City Rampage, but are PS1 / PS2 Classics region-locked ? I'm on a PAL PS3.

jakomocha

I have not played the prior telltale Sam & Max games and I never felt lost playing the devil's playhouse like I was missing something. Playing the other seasons is definitely not a prerequisite
The Sam & Max games are independent from each other in terms of continuity. Monkey Island is good but Sam & Max is better
And Sam & Max have references to prior seasons. Honestly the continuity's only a big deal with 2, where you do get more out of it by playing 1 first though it's not required. 3's very much stand alone though.

Okay, well I bought Sam & Max and Tales of Monkey Island (as well as Back to the Future, Jurassic Park, Tokyo Jungle, Plants v.s. Zombies, and World Gone Sour). Is it still worthwhile to play Sam & Max Season 1 and 2 before though? I have a Gamefly account so I can rent them for the Wii. Also, I heard it's better to play ToMI after playing the previous Monkey Island games, is that true? I've never played them before.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
So the other Telltale games don't group themselves together like TWD and TWAU do....that sucks. I want them condensed to one avatar in my game folder.

So people probably already saw the other thread about it but Crash and Spyro now work on Vita

Also so far all PSP games now seem to work on Vita, I think?

Top Bottom