• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NA PS Store Flash Sale (Dark Souls 2, Tales of Graces f, South Park, FFX/X-2, more)

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, the PS Store download speed is pretty bad. I'm downloading the Ni no Kuni demo and it's taking a long time to download 2.6 GB. On Steam that would be less than an hour, at optimal speeds.

Still, I'm glad the store got updated today. It's working now.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Hesitant to buy ni no kuni because i just know its gonna end up as a free game in ps plus in the future, same thing happened to me with pupeeteer i bought it then it was free some time later. Then again its only 5 bucks....

A lot of games I'm interested in, but the prices aren't quite low enough. I feel like these games regularly hit these prices on Amazon. Except Ni No Kuni, but I own that. If you don't 5 dollars is a great deal.

Yawnier

Banned
Bit the bullet on buying Tales of Graces f digitally a few months ago because it never went on sale at all, and now here we are lol.

Kinsei

Banned
I have enough in my wallet for FFX/X-2 Vita. Should I bite GAF? I think I'm nearing the end of Persona 4 Golden.

EDIT: Dammit GAF, you were supposed to tell me not to spend money. Now I have two more games in my backlog.

Tevious

I got:

-FFX/X-2 HD for Vita
-Mass Effect Trilogy (All games and DLC for $40 isn't bad)

I only ever played a bit of Mass Effect 1 on PC some years ago. I wasn't too crazy with the controls since I had used a program to emulate all the keyboard/mouse controls on a gamepad.

I snagged Demon's Souls for PS+ way back when, but I kind of wish I had the option to buy it so I can play it if I decide to let PS+ expire. I have at least another 1 1/2 years left until that happens since I bought 2 PS+ cards last Black Friday for $30 each, so I suppose it could always go on sale again or be available on PSNow or something if that day ever comes. Too bad Dark Souls isn't on PSN. I already have DS2.

I also snagged Ni No Kuni in a previous sale for cheap. Still haven't touched it and it'll probably be in my backlog for a while yet.

Usobuko

Banned
They are more games here than just Ni No Kuni although I understand at that price, it's extremely tempting if you had not played it here. And there's Vita games too!

I apparently already own Dragon's Dogma. I can't find the receipt email, either. Weird.

EDIT: Looks like it was on PS+ in November.

Uthred

Do you need to have played Atelier Ayesha for Escha&Logy to make sense? Does playing Ayesha unlock anything in Escha&Logy?

nbthedude

This shit really just makes me wish PS4 or Vita had PS3 compatibility.

I have Playstation Plus and a PS4 and a Vita but no PS3. And I'd love to play Ni No Kuni.

Servbot24

Banned
Is Graces f better than Xillia? I'm playing Xillia now and I'm not that into it. Only other Tales game I played was Symphonia which I loved.

rav

Wow, I don't really do retail games digitally, but if I didn't already own Ni No Kuni I would so jump on that. $5 is like getting the game for free.

I double dipped a while back when it was $5 thinking I could remote play it on vita without having to change discs around.
You can't remote play this game. :(
but, I still enjoy not having to put the disc in, and now I can loan out my retail copy to friends.

garath

Dragons dogma? I wanted that but I rarely play my ps3 anymore. 20 seems a little on the high side. I've seen it for that on amazon. Though it seems like it is falling out of print :(

Yawnier

Banned
I'm half tempted to get Atelier Escha, but I bought Atelier Ayesha last month during that other sale and have yet to even try it, I don't even know if I will like it or the Atelier series in general, lol.

Is Graces f better than Xillia? I'm playing Xillia now and I'm not that into it. Only other Tales game I played was Symphonia which I loved.

Definitely better battle system and more side content things to do. Everything else (story, characters, soundtrack, graphics) I would give to Xillia.

I also loved Symphonia (my favorite Tales game so far) and played it for the first time ever earlier this year, after Symphonia I played Graces f...... Graces f is a decent game on its own and is probably worth sub-$20 but I found it didn't really have any wow moments along the lines that Symphonia had IMO, and it didn't really have a similar atmosphere or mood to Symphonia either if that is also what you are looking for in a Tales game.

televator

Sigh... alright, I'll pay for the shit that should have come on the disk with ME3 and especially on disk with the trilogy pack. Its no mistery why I've become so cynical and less enthusiastic with new gen games.

Mastperf

I'm trying to decide between Dragon age + Ni No Kuni or Mass Effect. I've played all 3 Mass Effect games but would like to own the trilogy. On the other hand I have never played the other two and they look interesting.

I'm trying to decide between Dragon age + Ni No Kuni or Mass Effect. I've played all 3 Mass Effect games but would like to own the trilogy. On the other hand I have never played the other two and they look interesting.

Go with DA and NNK, you'll enjoy new games more than games you've already played before.

As an aside... I'm tempted by that Atelier game... I've beaten Totori (twice now) and played a bit of Meruru and I'm really starting to enjoy the series... but they'll likely release the better version to Vita eventually so I should probably wait.

daffy

Banned
Are Sony serious with the South Park price? Where's my Plus discount? I was waiting for the yellow amount to pop up but it didn't. I even added it to my cart. This shit launched at $41 for all I know. They call this a flash sale? At the black market maybe but not the online one. I'll be lost and damned before I take that pill.

Edit: And now it's taking forever to download at 3%...

Toki767

Are Sony serious with the South Park price? Where's my Plus discount? I was waiting for the yellow amount to pop up but it didn't. I even added it to my cart. This shit launched at $41 for all I know. They call this a flash sale? At the black market maybe but not the online one. I'll be lost and damned before I take that pill.

The pricing was probably more thanks to Ubisoft than Sony.

Mastperf

Go with DA and NNK, you'll enjoy new games more than games you've already played before.

As an aside... I'm tempted by that Atelier game... I've beaten Totori (twice now) and played a bit of Meruru and I'm really starting to enjoy the series... but they'll likely release the better version to Vita eventually so I should probably wait.
Thanks. I was leaning that way and your recommendation pushed me the rest of the way.

Jeels

This is really great for RPG/JRPG fans. A lot of these are high profile releases too, not garbage, and some even really new games. Hope sales like these are maintained for PS4.

Top Bottom