• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NA - PSN Flash Sale (Aug. 21)

Walpurgis

Banned
PlayStation 4 Games
  • Aaru’s Awakening (cross-buy) – $3.75
  • Costume Quest 2 – $6.00
  • How to Survive: Storm Warning Edition – $6.00
  • LA Cops – $6.00
  • Mercenary Kings – $7.80
  • Murdered: Soul Suspect – $7.80
  • Outlast: Bundle of Terror – $7.83
  • RBI Baseball 15 – $7.80
  • Rogue Legacy (cross-buy) – $6.80
  • Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments – $7.80
  • Sportsfriends (cross-buy) – $6.00
  • The Jackbox Party Pack – $7.75
  • The LEGO Movie Videogame – $7.80
  • The Walking Dead Complete Season 1 – $6.25
  • The Walking Dead Season 2 – $6.25
  • The Wolf Among Us – $6.25
  • Transistor – $5.00
  • Wander – $7.75
  • Worms Battlegrounds – $7.75
  • Yorbie - $4.00
PlayStation 3 Games
  • Aaru’s Awakening (cross-buy) – $3.75
  • Alien Rage – $3.00
  • Arcana Heart 3: Love Max – $7.50
  • Arcania: The Complete Tale – $7.80
  • Battle Fantasia – $2.00
  • Chivalry: Medieval Warfare – $6.00
  • Costume Quest 2 – $6.00
  • Crazy Strike Bowling – $2.40
  • Dead Island Franchise Pack – $7.80
  • Dead Island Riptide Complete Edition – $7.80
  • Dead Rising 2 Off the Record – $7.80
  • Dragon Age 2 – $7.80
  • Enemy Front – $7.60
  • Farming Simulator – $7.80
  • Fight Night Champion – $7.80
  • Guacamelee! Bundle Fantastico – $7.80
  • Hakuoki: Stories of the Shinsengumi – $7.80
  • Magus – $2.00
  • Midnight Club LA Complete Edition – $5.00
  • Murdered: Soul Suspect – $7.80
  • Narco Terror – $2.00
  • One Piece: Pirate Warriors – $7.80
  • One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 – $7.80
  • Painkiller: Hell and Damnation – $7.80
  • Resident Evil 4 – $7.80
  • Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition – $7.80
  • Resident Evil 6 Ultimate Edition – $7.84
  • Sacred Citadel – $2.00
  • Sam and Max: Beyond Time and Space Full Season – $5.00
  • Sam and Max: The Devil’s Playhouse – $5.00
  • Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punishments – $7.80
  • Sportsfriends (cross-buy) – $6.00
  • Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2 – $7.80
  • Syberia – $6.00
  • Syberia 2 – $4.50
  • Terraria – $6.00
  • The Raven: Legacy of a Master Thief – $7.80
  • The Walking Dead Season 1 Pass – $3.75
  • The Walking Dead Season 2 – $3.75
  • The Wolf Among Us – $3.75
  • Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater HD – $6.00
  • Vector Unit Racing Bundle – $6.00
  • World Hunter – $4.00
  • XBlaze Code: Embryo – $7.80
PlayStation Vita Games
  • Arcana Heart 3: Love Max – $7.50
  • BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend – $5.85
  • Blazing Souls Accelate (PSP) – $4.00
  • Fate/Extra (PSP) – $4.00
  • Gladiator Begins (PSP) – $3.20
  • Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus (PSP) – $3.00
  • Hakuoki: Demon of the Fleeting Blossom (PSP) – $4.00
  • Midnight Club LA Remix (PSP) – $5.00
  • Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (PSP) – $5.00
  • Naruto Shippuden Impact (PSP) – $7.75
  • Ragnarok Tactics (PSP) – $3.20
  • Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron (PSP) – $7.80
  • Streetkix: Freestyle (PSP) – $4.80
  • Sweet Fuse: At Your Side (PSP) – $4.00
  • XBlaze Code: Embryo – $7.80
http://www.playstationlifestyle.net...psn-flash-sale-live-ps4-heres-deals/#/slide/1

Flash Sale
Weekly Deals

Arttemis

Mercenary Kings, which I missed as a PS+ game, is seemingly the only thing I don't have that I'm interested in. The rest were obtained via PS+, or simply do nothing for me.

Walpurgis

Banned
I'll take The Walking Dead Season 2 if it's $5 and probably One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 if it's around the same. Other then that, this sale looks weak af.

Oh and Resident Evil 5 looks like a good game for coop and the last good RE. I hope it's cheap.

KTO

Yeah, I thought this weeks EA sale was pretty weak so I was expecting a flash sale, but there's still nothing i am looking forward to. Those RE games were on sale like 2 weeks ago.

Seems like an awful lot of repeats this time around. It's not unusual to see plenty of games with repeat sales, but the Flash Sale themes seemed to offer title variation and featured a fair amount of games that otherwise skipped frequent discounts.

I'm not complaining, though. Good to see they're still coming with decent regularity (and I know I've got more than enough games on my HDD that I haven't beaten, let alone not even touched yet).

Regardless of the prices, that's a pretty underwhelming selection. Everything I'm interested in I already own, and everything else is... eh.

I'd buy Syberia for a couple of dollars to play through it again though.

KTO

What's the difference between Guacamelee! Bundle Fantastico and Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition?

I know the STCE that was free on PS plus a couple months ago didn't include the DLC where you play as the bosses, I would imagine the bundle does.

bomblord1

Banned
The blog page lists something called "dungeon travelers 2" never heard of it but anime art always tends to peak my interest anyone got any info?

LakeEarth

Mercenary Kings, which I missed as a PS+ game, is seemingly the only thing I don't have that I'm interested in. The rest were obtained via PS+, or simply do nothing for me.
I don't know about recent patches, but the last time I played it it crashed, hitched, had bafflingly long loading times and audio glitches (even on the title screen).

And no patch is gonna fix how boring it is.

ohlawd

^ this flash sale starts on the 21st. it's the 18th right now

might get Fate/Extra

it was on sale before but if we can get a deeper discount, even better

Walpurgis

Banned
anyone wanna get wander with me? lol

With Wander, you should be paid to buy it not the other way around.
Wow. I didn't even notice it was there. What a shit game.
Is it just me or does it seem like these are the games that go on sale virtually all the time?
I bought The Wolf Among us and The Walking Dead Season 1 on sale a while ago and I've seen Aaru's Awakening, One Piece and Resident Evil there a few times before.

Jawmuncher

I thought we'd get a vita sale not a PSP sale. I mean i'm all for those games being on sale as well, but wow I would expect more vita along with it. Like have a "PS3 sale" and the majority is just PS2 classics.

shaowebb

If you don't already own Arcana Heart 3 Love Max you need to buy it if you are even the slightest fan of fighting games. I wont justify the super moe aesthetic because there isn't any justification for it, but its the biggest sandbox of tools I've ever experienced in a competitive fighter.

• dash cancels are universal and work on pretty much everything
  • you have a homing dash. Plus if you tap it twice plus a direction you rocket faster in that direction meaning its steerable for a ton of Magneto style stuff and a ton of hard to read crossups.
  • Has an X factor system where the bonus you get depends on the Arcana you choose. This ranges from healing, super canceling, hyper armor, damage buffs to even crazier stuff like magnetism on all normals.
  • Equipping an arcana gives your character several passive abilities, a defense/offense stat modifier to augment your character, gives you several new specials, supers, and an ultra. It COMPLETELY changes any character's options. Want beams and homing projectiles with cancels? Love Arcana. Want Tager style magnetic combos? Magnetism arcana. Its crazy.
  • Character movesets are crazy and generally some get pretty wild with character specific tools. Jojo style stands, Hurricane Polimar style glyphs and cancels, Traps that trigger once enough traps are on the board but with bonus effects due to what combination you dealt...this and tons more exist even before you Arcana modify stuff.

This game is what I pray DBZ turns into in fighting games someday because it is the most sandbox and mixup crazy shit I've ever witnessed in a fighter. Just get it while its cheap and check out the craziness.

I've said it before but check this one mixup out in particular
vB4ZrHw.gif

Those kunai fly upwards on command. They woke up expecting more corner pressure, ate the throw and then got jumped on. You block high you eat the kunai, you block low you eat the jump in, you forward roll you corner yourself and you backwards roll and they use homing dash on jump in and you run very close to being hit by the kunai anyways and might not make it.

Heres a few more moments to enjoy
lFUR9oE.gif

gSPCj4v.gif

Insane tourney in japan on the new title Arcana Heart 3 Love Max Six Stars to get an idea on how the series plays at high level

Think I might finally take the dive into Telltale games and buy TWD S1 and TWAU S1, assuming they are priced well of course.

Top Bottom