• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NA PSN Sale

Ennosuke

I bought Dragon Ball Xenoverse. I always wanted to try it and the price is very good. What I could try out until now is really nice. I like the fanservice. Huge DBZ fan, but the last game I played was on the PS2.

Thinking also about J-Stars+, but from what I have heard, it is not a good game.

I bought Dragon Ball Xenoverse. I always wanted to try it and the price is very good. What I could try out until now is really nice. I like the fanservice. Huge DBZ fan, but the last game I played was on the PS2.

Thinking also about J-Stars+, but from what I have heard, it is not a good game.

Yeah, i say avoid j stars. if you really wanna check it out, wait till its like 5 dollars.

KevinCow

Banned
Hmm, nothing for me. Not sure if I should be disappointed, or happy because I'm kinda broke and don't need to spend any more money and already have a bunch of games to play.

Faenix1

Sword Art Online series worth it for those that know nothing about the franchise?

I think you could've got it for like $30 at BB last week. They were having a discount/cleaning sale then.

Figures. Seems like when I don't check BB they have a sale for me.

Though I can't decide if I should get it for $20, not sure $30 would be any easier. lol

vakarian32

How is Battlefront PS4 for Aussies? I gave up trying to play the PC version, even now It's too frustrating to find a match.

How's Battlefield 4 going? Is there still people playing? I'm thinking about getting it, the price is near what I would pay for it.

Tried a hour or two of SAO Re Fragment on PS4... not feeling it so far.

Idk what I was expecting after all the bad stuff I've read about it lol.

Combat just turns into a mash fest, and while the tutorial tries to explain combat it fails or I do. Either way I'll pick it up again later, but bad impressions out the gate. So much cut scenes... ugh.

Aselith

Katamari looks a lot more extreme than I remember

katamari.png

ethomaz

Banned
I see there're lots of paid dlc for the game, should standalone game still be great without them ?
I don't remember buying DLC.

I really liked the game. It is not ohhh the best game but it is a solid game to play... I was even surprise because I thought it was trash but it changed my mind over the franchise.

I would like to see another game.

bwahhhhh

was *this* close to getting Touch my Katamari a couple of weeks ago, i liked the demo well enough and was desperate for some new Katamari, just snagged it now, thanks!

Bought Me & My Katamari, Tales of Hearts R, and Tales of Xillia 2.

Don't really have interest in the touch crap in the Vita Katamari but have fond memories of the PSP one, plus I've been on an intermittent Katamari kick lately with the original two.

Kalentan

If you hated the anime, I'd pass. The game is fun, but you'll be spending a lot of time with the characters.

Ah. The combat and such isn't strong enough to carry it through?

Edit: How is Lost Song? I see that it has a "sort of" character customization.

bradman

Neo Member
Mass Effect 3 DLC:

Citadel: The ultimate fan service. If you like your squad mates, you'll definitely want to pick this up. It's quite lengthy as well and even has battle arenas where you can team up with any squad mate alive from ME1 - ME3. It's considered to many as the "true" ME3 ending.

Leviathan: This one is the most meaningful in terms of story. It has investigation elements in it as well. It's very well done and in my opinion, it's important enough to be in the vanilla game.

Omega: This DLC is action-packed and FUN. The main reason you read people complaining about it was the price point. Well now it's the right price so go for it if you like action, Omega, Aria, or an interesting antagonist.

From Ashes: The most important dlc, story-wise. This one definitely should have been in game. Javic is one of the funniest party members to have and the recruit mission is nostalgic for anyone who has played Mass Effect 1.

So if you're looking for story: From Ashes and Leviathan.

If you're looking for fun: Citadel

If you want non-stop action or have Aria fetish: Omega.

But the ME3 dlc going on sale is so rare, you mind as well just buy all of it.

Thanks for the write-up on this. Didn't know where to begin with the DLC stuff.

Faenix1

Tried a hour or two of SAO Re Fragment on PS4... not feeling it so far.

Idk what I was expecting after all the bad stuff I've read about it lol.

Combat just turns into a mash fest, and while the tutorial tries to explain combat it fails or I do. Either way I'll pick it up again later, but bad impressions out the gate. So much cut scenes... ugh.

Not really sure where to look, what's the bad stuff about it?

Is Battlefield 4 season pass worth it?

I never play the game anymore, but wouldn't mind jumping back in, but only if I have no issues playing any of the DLC maps. I've put enough time into the vanilla maps that I have almost no desire to play them anymore.

In my experience, kind of. I can ALWAYS find full games for 2 of the expansions (Second Assault and China Rising), sometimes find games on Final Stand and rarely find games on Dragons Teeth or Naval Strike (which is unfortunate because when I can find matches on the small DT maps or Chainlink or Carrier Assault, they're FUN).

So you'll be able to get good use out of 3 of the 5 expansions, and your mileage will vary with the other 2. I think you'll be able to get your $20 out of it. There's also 3 free maps if you haven't played them.

EDIT: PS4 here

REDSLATE

Tempted to get SAO for PS4 even though I already put a ton of hours into the Vita version.

I don't have any prior experience with the Sword Art games, but the first option presented in game (PS4 version) is to import a save from the Vita version...

Something to consider

StereoVsn

Not really sure where to look, what's the bad stuff about it?
Combat is obtuse but very good. The bad stuff was about Vita Engrish translation which PS4 corrected. Plus there is a crapload of moe waifu bs but that's mostly avoidable.

I really recommend doing a search for the old Vita thread as that gives a lot of combat tips. It's definitely NOT about button mashing, think more of action MMO type of combat with different skill trees and cool downs plus lots of combos.

The game is long , over 100 hours of content and it's actually quite good but I really recommend watching first season of SAO for it to make sense.

Edit: it's not necessary to play the vita version first, save import options are for people who played bunch of hours and don't want to start over. It's my true cross save though. The game is long (100-150 hours can be had) so this makes perfect sense.

Consumer

Was starting to get disappointed on the last page of sales until I saw Dying Light for $35. I would've preferred it be a few bucks cheaper after being released for 12+ months, but beggars can't be choosers. I'm satisfied.

bobawesome

When will I learn not to buy these shitty Bandai anime fighting games.

No one seem to be going for Dungeon Travelers 2, is it not most peoples thing or is it not a good price at $20?

So it's better than a lot of people seem to say?

It's easily worth the $5. I wasn't disappointed in the $40/20 I spent on both versions of the game but I can see how it can be too grindy for some.

turbocat

Thanks to everyone on the Tales advice. I get Symphonia recommendations a lot, but I just haven't been able to pull the trigger.

All that being said, I have Dark Souls II on PS3 that is untouched. Is it worth upgrading to DSII SotFS on PS4? For what it's worth, I loved Dark Souls, but I never played any of the DLC. Just wondering if it'd be better to start fresh with the other version.

Clipse

Uncharted Collection just dropped to $28.79. Hope this isn't old news, didn't see it mentioned in the thread yet.

Faenix1

Before I go buy some stuff does anyone here know exactly how the PSN handles paypal?

The reason I ask is because when I bought the two Dark Cloud games it took the funds from my bank instead of taking the paypal balance + card like I wanted. Was this because the funds were in USD or does PSN not allow payment from two sources?

I got CDN funds now so will it let me use it + bank, or will it all get taken from the bank again? I worry because I don't have the $25 in my bank - most of it is in my Paypal - so I'm slightly worried how this will effect paypal and PSN account if it tries it all via bank again.

j stars is actually really bad, and i went in it with 0 expectations.

Top Bottom