• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nader Denounces Trump Budget as Corporatist, Militarist & Racist: "The Mask is Off".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarydax

Banned
You can't take off a mask if you were never actually wearing one in the first place.

Nader can fuck off, especially when it comes to racism.

His budget is a direct assault on many communities that voted overwhelmingly for him.

This is a watershed "WE TRIED TO TELL Y'ALL" moment.

Like in Bloodborne, after you kill Rom. Yeah, the veil has been lifted, and many are now seeing the eldritch grotesquerie for the first time.

I actually like how attacked the community that voted for him. Maybe next time they will get educated and vote for a reasonable person. Spoiler alert: It won't make a difference.

I think that Democrats should just sit back while the country crumbles. It's when things that matter to white people get affected that we can see profound change. They will remain complaisant to whatever Trump does in his office years otherwise. I also really love how the affected Trump supporters are denial about what's going on or went full batshit insane and kept on supporting him. They will never stop, and it's quiet puzzling but I guess ignorance and stupidity can get you very far in fucking over yourself.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Fuck Nader. He fucks the country in 2000 and shat on Hillary through the election and now he's all "OH WOW TRUMP FUCKED YOU GOOD!"?

Nader can go take a long walk off a short pier as far as I'm concerned. The country would be far better off for it.

Sssh for some reason we're not allowed to point that out even though nader knew what was going to happen.

Fuck Nader. He fucks the country in 2000 and shat on Hillary through the election and now he's all "OH WOW TRUMP FUCKED YOU GOOD!"?

Nader can go take a long walk off a short pier as far as I'm concerned. The country would be far better off for it.

Yep. Nader can fuuuuck right off.

Boney

Banned
Can't say I'm surprised most responses here only read the title or hell just read Nader and got triggered.

Forgot it was Nader's fault for the USA being a banana republic and not willing to do a recount. Also he's a cunt because he's one of the greatest consumer advocates to exist. But establishment parroting gonna shill

Trump is taking advantage of a classic cognitive bias called "anchoring".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anchoring

By throwing a ridiculous first budget proposal, he frames the discussion around moving away from that first offer, rather than starting at a reasonable budget and starting negotiations around that.
Right, Nader mentions this, that May should see a slightly corrected budget to shift the discussion away from the budget itself.

What mask?

bad_michael_myers_masks.jpg

"Nobody loves the blacks more than me!"

Mhmm. Nader can go fuck off back to his hole.

What mask? The biggest portion of Trump voters are going to vote the same every election because of abortion and white fragility. These people don't care, at least not enough to affect their future voting. No significant portion of the population had the wool pulled over their eyes. They've always voted against their practical interests and they will continue until a great political shift that isn't happening any time soon.

Regardless of the legitimacy of the guy, which I am not informed enough to comment on, he is pretty on point here (and stating the obvious, although not to Trump supporters obviously).

Also, ugh at Clinton's fanboys/fangirls on here...She lost, stop pissing the bed about it and move on.

Dude Abides

Banned
Because as house leader, from a top down perspective, she needs to be energizing the base and have the rest of the party adopt her language in opposition.

Any of this would perfectly catch people's attention. It's hard to do worse than democrats.

Yeah, the type of people who supported the Hard Hat Riot and smashed Dixie Chicks CDs would really get boners for rhetoric about how America should be a humanitarian powere not a brute force power.

This is the most inappropriate time to make a Future joke, but I wanna so bad.

Percocets, molly, Percocets
Percocets, molly, Percocets
Rep the set, gotta rep the set
Chase a check, never chase a bitch
Mask on, fuck it, mask off
Mask on, fuck it, mask off

The lyrics include opioid abuse, loyalty, and greed. It's perfect.

Regardless of the legitimacy of the guy, which I am not informed enough to comment on, he is pretty on point here (and stating the obvious, although not to Trump supporters obviously).

He's entirely on point. The problem is that he and his ilk don't accept the practical reality of the situation and instead of helping out with defeating the fascist they take their vote and go home. Then they have the nerve to point out how we elected a fascist? No. Nader can go back to the hole he crawled out of.

npm0925

I'm actually for the ballistic missile defense program . Or maybe some alternative using lasers. The ability to block icbms post launch before impact is a highly relevant defense in the nuclear age . It's the only defense against rogue regimes like nk holding the world hostage because they have nukes . Sadly he is correct in that it is currently in bad shape . I wonder if high powered rapid fire long range lasers will be better ... But again this may be decades if not more off cause were talking about a high powered laser firing multiple rounds within a few minutes and on a small target 1000s of km away
Umm, North Korea can still hold the world hostage because they can just use said nuke to kill millions of people in Seoul? Or smuggle a warhead or dirty bomb out of the country?

Boney

Banned
Regardless of the legitimacy of the guy, which I am not informed enough to comment on, he is pretty on point here (and stating the obvious, although not to Trump supporters obviously)

From wiki
Ralph Nader (/ˈneɪdər/; born February 27, 1934)[4][5] is an American political activist, author, lecturer, and attorney, noted for his involvement in consumer protection, environmentalism, and government reform causes. The son of Lebanese immigrants to the United States, Nader was educated at Princeton and Harvard and first came to prominence in 1965 with the publication of the bestselling book Unsafe at Any Speed, a critique of the safety record of American automobile manufacturers that became known as one of the most important journalistic pieces of the 20th century. Following the publication of Unsafe at Any Speed, Nader led a group of volunteer law students - dubbed "Nader's Raiders" - in a groundbreaking investigation of the Federal Trade Commission, leading directly to that agency's overhaul and reform. In the 1970s, Nader leveraged his growing popularity to establish a number of advocacy and watchdog groups including the Public Interest Research Group, the Center for Auto Safety, and Public Citizen.

Nader's activism has been directly credited with the passage of several landmark pieces of American consumer protection legislation including the Clean Water Act, the Freedom of Information Act, the Consumer Product Safety Act, the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, the Whistleblower Protection Act, and the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act, and he has been repeatedly named to lists of the "100 Most Influential Americans", including those published by Life Magazine, Time Magazine, and The Atlantic, among others. He has run for President of the United States on several occasions as an independent and third party candidate, using the campaigns to highlight under-reported issues and a perceived need for electoral reform.

Nader is a god damn American hero, but he threatened power once, so the establishment responded by trying to smear him. Blaming Nader is just as pathetic as blaming Comey, they're marginal votes that not even half of those would go to democrats, but it conveniently avoids doing any sort of introspection on the defeat.

Yeah, the type of people who supported the Hard Hat Riot and smashed Dixie Chicks CDs would really get boners for rhetoric about how America should be a humanitarian powere not a brute force power.
Humanitarian aide would be of interest to conservative religious groups, not the Christian fascists. Republicans are pissing everybody off by attacking them on every topic imaginable, and Democrats need to expose that and show how the party supports people. Your snarky ill-thought remark just wants to build barriers instead of tearing them down. Talk about the health care gutting that has the people at the town halls roasting their republican officials, that might sway a few heads. You're being confrontational because you show no contempt for others where you think it gives you a moral victory somehow.

Nader is a god damn American hero, but he threatened power once, so the establishment responded by trying to smear him. Blaming Nader is just as pathetic as blaming Comey, they're marginal votes that not even half of those would go to democrats, but it conveniently avoids doing any sort of introspection on the defeat.

Also, ugh at Clinton's fanboys/fangirls on here...She lost, stop pissing the bed about it and move on.

To the bolded: God that is rich...

Don't know why you're dismissing Comey's impact though.

It's interesting you completely side step Nader's documented racist comments as if those are "smears"

It's interesting you completely side step Nader's documented racist comments as if those are "smears"

Stealth edit there. I don't know much about his racist comments, but he played a pivotal part on consumer rights and safety.

Stealth edit there. I don't know much about his racist comments, but he played a pivotal part on consumer rights and safety.

Yeah I edited because I missed the quoted part that explained why he might be a hero to some so the question was moot (aka I made a mistake and adjusted accordingly... nothing nefarious like a "stealth edit") and I edited in what was eventually going to be my follow up question

Nominating Clinton was a monumental mistake but absolving people like Nader and Jill Stein of their complicity in ruining people's lives by proxy in pursuit of their own bullshit is laughable and pathetic, grow up.

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard

200,000 Democrats in Florida voted for Dubya, while 96,000 people voted for Nader. Susan Harris, co-chair of Bush's campaign in Florida, illegally stopped the recount. And most shameful of all, not one fucking Dem senator answered the Congressional Black Cacus' desperate plea to stand with them to challenge the theft of an election.

But yeah, somehow it was all Nader's fault...

200,000 Democrats in Florida voted for Dubya, while 96,000 people voted for Nader. Susan Harris, co-chair of Bush's campaign in Florida, illegally stopped the recount. And most shameful of all, not one fucking Dem senator answered the Congressional Black Cacus' desperate plea to stand with them to challenge the theft of an election.

But yeah, somehow it was all Nader's fault...

They lost the appeal to SCOTUS. How much more of a challenge can they present? Taking up arms?

Boney

Banned

I didn't say that, the quote was just badly formatted. I bring Comey up because regardless of weather the unmeasurable impact was significant or not it's distracting from the actual introspections needed to be done.

They lost the appeal to SCOTUS. How much more of a challenge can they present? Taking up arms?
The US being a banana republic and refusing to do a recount is the problem.

Blaming third parties is like blaming a competing runner that took your favourite lane for losing. It's utterly ridiculous and the argument that a 2 party system needs to be reinforced by its own citizenry is insane.

Volimar

I wish this was all being said by someone that his supporters would actually listen to about it. Instead there's a core who will blame Obama and democrats and keep voting the way they did in 2016 even as their jobs disappear forever and their loved ones die from treatable illnesses.

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard

The ruling for which Thomas should have recused himself.

My larger point is that blaming Nader (of whom I'm not a fan at all) is a great distraction from all the other bullshit that led to Dubya taking power (like, say, the stripping of minorities' voting rights by sweeping poorly-maintained and inaccurate felon lists).

Nader was a convenient idiot for them, not the prime cause of the 2000 election being stolen from Gore.

Dude Abides

Banned
Humanitarian aide would be of interest to conservative religious groups, not the Christian fascists. Republicans are pissing everybody off by attacking them on every topic imaginable, and Democrats need to expose that and show how the party supports people. Your snarky ill-thought remark just wants to build barriers instead of tearing them down. Talk about the health care gutting that has the people at the town halls roasting their republican officials, that might sway a few heads. You're being confrontational because you show no contempt for others where you think it gives you a moral victory somehow.

This isn't even coherent and has no correspondence with reality. As if Dems aren't attacking Ryancare. Conservative religious groups don't give a fuck about foreign aid. Ralph's statement was dumb. Just deal with it.

Blader

Fuck Ralph Nader. Putting aside the 2000 election or the constantly cannibalizing nature of the Green Party, the fact that Nader is just now -- now! in March 2017! -- concluding that "the mask is off" Trump is reflection of how fucking myopic he is.

Any of this would perfectly catch people's attention. It's hard to do worse than democrats.

Literally all of that was repeated over and over again during the campaign and since. Hillary Clinton repeated many of those exact talking points in debates, speeches, rallies, and I've personally heard many of these same lines at a protests and marches since the election. Like Nader, you seem to be pretty behind the curve here.

Boney

Banned
This isn't even coherent and has no correspondence with reality. As if Dems aren't attacking Ryancare. Conservative religious groups don't give a fuck about foreign aid. Ralph's statement was dumb. Just deal with it.
Ok let's back up since I'm sure you didn't even read the interview, so we can go on a rhythm that won't overwhelm you.

So we know what their game is. So this whole corporatism, militarism, racism is a huge opportunity for just 1 percent of people becoming active and focusing on the one branch of government that can have beneficial consequences for the 2018 election, as well as stop the Trumpsters in their tracks, and that’s the U.S. Congress.
So being able to capitalize on public discontent, where people are literally in the face of their representatives yelling at them for supporting terrible policies is dumb because?

So, you had less than a couple hundred thousand people in the last few weeks, Amy, apart from the demonstrations in Washington on January 21st, go to congressional town meetings. And the Republicans who were there came back to the Congress, and they were shuddering. They said, "What’s going on here? I mean, something’s changing. The seats are no longer empty." They used to have town meetings where sometimes the staff was more numerous than the attendees. Now, there are three major recesses in Congress, two coming up before the one-month August recess. Fill those seats. If the congresspeople do not have town meetings—they’re already considering canceling them or having telephone town meetings—so much for meeting the people—then you have your own town meetings. You announce your own town meetings, and you have a formal summons to your senators and representatives on a set date in a convenient public location, where they have to address your agenda.
He then details the situation describing it as almost unprecedented, where there is this real political energy just waiting to be redirected. That's dumb too.

That’s why I wrote this book, Breaking Through Power, a little paperback, 140 pages. And it shows the way, how very few people have changed our country throughout the history. And it never takes more than 1 percent, often far less than 1 percent, to do so. So this is a great opportunity. By being so cruel, vicious and blatantly apparent in trying to further transform our government into the pits of militarism, corporatism and racism, it can become like a boomerang, if people take advantage of it.
Again stresses how a few people in positions of leadership, no in the governmental way, but social leaders can change course when the situations are right. He also shills on his book which I bet is just garbage, so dumb.

AMY GOODMAN: Well, you certainly see the effect of this, for example, on Senator Tom Cotton, and the massive anger and response when he held a town hall meeting, with thousands there. You see Darrell Issa in California, perhaps for the first time we’ve seen him changing as a result of the huge town hall meeting, after he refused to—as we see all over the country, people putting up "wanted" signs for their congressmembers and actually take out ads in the papers, saying "wanted" or "have you seen?"

Amy then responds with how the discontent is being made manifest and how the more Republicans try to avoid their electorate the more it is gonna blow up on their faces. She's dumb because she established the biggest non commercial news organization in the country only to invite dumb dumbs.

RALPH NADER: [...] There was a 60-year-old couple in western New York that came in with a sign and said, "We’re not paid, Congressman Reed, but you are," which raises the question: Once people back home say to their members of Congress, "Don’t you dare pass any cuts for the vulnerable, the poor, the middle class, unless you have to share the same one" [...] You’ve got to have face-to-face interaction with members of Congress, not just massive rallies where the energy often goes into the ether on a weekend. You’ve got to get them into these public auditoriums or town halls back home, where you confront them face to face.
more examples about this incoherent mess that has no basis in reality.

AMY GOODMAN: So, that was Arkansas Senator Tom Cotton, who was fierce in taking on President Obama. But he came back from this town hall meeting, and he said, talking about the Affordable Care Act, "You have to do this slowly. You have to start again. There is no rush." Ralph Nader, talk about what’s happening, specifically around the Affordable Care Act.
So they play the clip with Tom Cotton being roasted and establish how Republicans are running around with their heads cut off not knowing what the hell they are doing. More dumbness.

AMY GOODMAN: So, that was Arkansas Senator Tom Cotton, who was fierce in taking on President Obama. But he came back from this town hall meeting, and he said, talking about the Affordable Care Act, "You have to do this slowly. You have to start again. There is no rush." Ralph Nader, talk about what’s happening, specifically around the Affordable Care Act.

RALPH NADER: What’s happening is, you have left-right opposition to what the Republicans and Trump are doing. That’s the big opportunity now. I think Senator Cotton was shaken, because he looked at that auditorium, and he said, you know, "Some of these people are my supporters." And when you get a left-right alliance back home on the senators, representatives, it’s politically unstoppable. So you have this health—so-called health insurance system—it’s not healthcare, often it’s confused—a health insurance system proposal that is going to throw millions of people off the rolls. It’s soliciting corporate support by getting rid of these taxes I mentioned on the health insurance industry and the medical device. But the hospital lobby is upset with Trump on this proposal. They see real problems down the road, and they’re already putting ads in papers. And they’re going to be a—they’re going to be joining with a lot of citizens in opposing this.
So Ralph responds by again going into more detail how there's a multiple interests all staunchly opposing the AHCA and that it's going to destabilize the GOP platform.

Now, there is an argument, Amy, that these crazy proposals—they are so nutty. I mean, they’re cutting further the IRS budget so it can’t collect any of the $430 billion that is uncollected taxes in this country. How are they going to pay for all this stuff, this infrastructure and so on? A lot of this stuff is really nutty. They’re increasing the Department of Homeland Security budget, but the indications are they want to cut the Coast Guard budget. So they can use money to build the wall, they’re going to further debilitate the hard-pressed Coast Guard, which is providing security and rescue on the coastlines of America. But what I think is going on here is these are trial balloons. Trump has this idea, throughout his business career and bankruptcies, where he says outrageous things, and then he backs down a little, and people say, "Oh, he’s really much more reasonable." So I think we’re seeing here a trial balloon situation to get the response. And in May, they’ll probably moderate these cuts.
Now he procedes to name a few of the consequences these tax proposal would create and argues the political strategy for Trump and what his goal is. Here I agree, Trump is so dumb that he just thought he could get away with it, which makes Nader dumb for giving trump too much credit.

But make no mistake about it: When you have Steve Bannon in the White House, when you have the Roy Cohn in the White House—name is Steve Miller—basically, influencing or pushing the more extreme attributes of Donald Trump in terms of militarism, corporatism and racism, there is going to be a lot of tension with some of the heads of the Cabinet. And that’s going to be in the news shortly. There’s going to be a lot of tension, for example, between the secretary of the interior, who does not want to sell off the public lands, who’s looking at a budget which is going to facilitate the selling off of some of the public lands. So
He then explains that it's Bannon and others who are pulling the strings and that is going to blow up internally as career politicians will try to salvage their career as they try to wrestle with these psychopaths. So he redeems himself by not actually over estimating Trump but it's probably still dumb.

AMY GOODMAN: So, he’s saying the reporter is only focusing on the person who will lose Meals on Wheels, an elderly, perhaps disabled, veteran, Ralph Nader.

RALPH NADER: Yeah, look at the asymmetry, the cruel asymmetry. He’s a very glib guy—you’re going to get used to him—Mick Mulvaney, extremely radical, extreme in terms of cutting budgets that deal with vulnerable, sick, powerless people. He’s a bully, pure and simple. But there are other budgets that are going to be cut. Law enforcement on nursing homes are going to be cut. Public transit support is going to be cut, like Amtrak, that affect lower-income people.

So they play the Mulvaney compassionate quote which will make anybody sick to their stomach. So they talk about how perverse the logic around the budget cuts are employed and how so many people are going to be directly affected by them. Dumb because people won't care they aren't receiving their meals anymore and others hate their elderly parents.

So, we’re looking here—we should also pay some attention to the Democratic Party, Amy. Can they rise to the occasion? I mean, look at the wonkish talk of—that you just showed a clip of, of Nancy Pelosi: "deconstruction of the federal government." Boy, that really excites people to get out on the streets, doesn’t it? They’ve got to talk in common language. People are going to lose their lives because of this budget, here and abroad. They’re cutting support for international famines. They don’t want our country to be a humanitarian power, just a military brute force power. We’ve got a situation where you have a regime that’s going to be very soft on corporate crime. After all, you’ve got a former businessman, Donald Trump, who shafted his consumers, his workers, his creditors; used bankruptcy, in his terms, as a competitive advantage; tried to avoid all possible taxes. He’s shut down casinos, unemployed workers. Atlantic City is increasingly desolate economically, in part due to his bad business acumen.
So they've established how bad the situation is going to be and turn to the Democratic Party. Nader then insists that all comuniacation efforts need to be made from a top down approach and not just a stay on top. He gives a few examples of the top of his head that would appeal different people based on their particular situations. It's dumb because everybody loves hipermilitarism and can't wait for the new added funds for the defense budget. The Tom Cotton clip shows how people are also over the moon at the health care cuts as long as they get their wall. That's the reality folks.

So, what you have is—what is the Democratic Party going to do? You have this group, Indivisible.org, which tells you, by the way, when there are town meetings with members of Congress back home. But what is the Democratic Party going to do? Are they going to field candidates in all 50 states who are viable? Are they going to spend their time dialing for corporate dollars? Or are they going to go the Bernie Sanders way, in small contributions in big volume? Are they going to really push for single payer? There are 64 members of the House, Democrats, who have signed on to John Conyers’ single payer. It’s HR 676, the gold standard. And they’re keeping quiet about it. They’re not pushing it, because Nancy Pelosi and Steny Hoyer are telling them, "Keep quiet about single payer," supported by 60 percent of the American people already—
So he critically examines what the Democrat's options are and what the conflict between them is. And he knows that Democrats prefer to play coy as to protect the interests of insurance companies so he implies it could end up costing them 2018. Dumb people actually love Democrats just look at the popular vote!

AMY GOODMAN: Ralph, let me take that for one example. How would you see that playing out if at this point, when there’s major questioning of Obamacare, but clearly the Republican Party is crumbling over the repeal and replace, of whatever Ryan has put forward—clearly, it’s not going to be in the form he wants it. If you see this is the moment for single payer, for Medicare for all, how would you see it working? How would you see them strategizing to introduce it now?

RALPH NADER: Well, it’s a good idea for some of the progressive press to start talking about it, instead of getting mired in what’s being done to Obamacare. You almost never see the questions—Chuck Todd and others on Sunday TV programs—so they get it into the public dialogue.
So they turn at how effective the gameplan of just sitting on the defensive with ACA is. He acknowledges that there needs to be an aggressive push to turn the conversation of weather they repeal Obamacare or not and into what the next ambitious step for health care should be. Still being dumb.

But here’s what I see. Check out The Wall Street Journal recently. There was a lead editorial on what’s going on with Obamacare and the Republicans, etc. And at the end, they said, if the Republicans lose this battle to get rid of Obamacare, they might as well get on board with single payer, because that’s going to be the future of politics. And that was reaffirmed by a columnist in The Wall Street Journal very recently, this week, Henninger, who basically said the same thing. So here you have these right-wing corporatists basically saying, if the Republicans fall on this attempt to create this cockamamie system that deprives people of health insurance and gets rid of the ways to fund it by all these tax cuts on these corporations and so on, if they fail, then the only alternative left—that’s the way they talk in The Wall Street Journal—is full Medicare for all, everybody in, nobody out, free choice of doctor and hospital, none of these narrow networks like in West Virginia, and which is called single payer.
So conservative editorials are also argueing that if they fail with the repeal, it's going to leave them completely exposed to a counter attack to mount a succesful strategy around single payer. But they're obviously wrong since Nader is saying the same thing.

So, the opportunity for the Democrats is classic. This is the time to move. And what do you see? The chief issue of Senator Bernie Sanders, when he’s running for president last year, was full Medicare for all, single payer. Has he introduced a bill yet? He hasn’t even introduced a bill yet in the Senate. Here’s the leader of the single-payer movement, being told by Chuck Schumer and others, "Stay low. Keep quiet, Bernie. We’ve got to deal with the Republicans trying to dismantle Obamacare
He follows up the messaging with a concrete proposal, which is Single Payer. He's dumb because like any Democrat knows, it's better to not rock the boat and just they should wait and sink with it. Let's protect our health care by unconditionally standing up to the unpopular execution that is the ACA, instead of doubling down and trying to turn things around for the party with actually exciting policies that will reverberate throughout the country. Dumb, since the 60% of people that want single payer will see taxes get their minds blown.

As an aside - I really don't get what your problem is with me exactly, what exactly am I suppose to deal with? Your incredibly insightful "nu-uh you're dumb and stupid and smell funny" are getting a bit old. At the very least have some, doesn't have to be much, but some content so we can have a conversation instead of catty fights you love for some reason.

I know I'm asking a lot from you by having you read what he actually said this time instead of arriving without any context whatsoever. But it's not much.

Boney

Banned
Fuck Ralph Nader. Putting aside the 2000 election or the constantly cannibalizing nature of the Green Party, the fact that Nader is just now -- now! in March 2017! -- concluding that "the mask is off" Trump is reflection of how fucking myopic he is.

Literally all of that was repeated over and over again during the campaign and since. Hillary Clinton repeated many of those exact talking points in debates, speeches, rallies, and I've personally heard many of these same lines at a protests and marches since the election. Like Nader, you seem to be pretty behind the curve here.
I'm sure "Trumped up reaganomics" REALLY fired up everybody. It's monumental and awe inspiring.

I'm sure "Trumped up reaganomics" REALLY fired up everybody. It's monumental and awe inspiring.

It's not like defeating a fascist candidate is enough of a draw, you gotta be awe inspiring too? Incrementalist but achievable improvements of policy? Nah. Either you give me my socialist utopia or I let the fascist win.

It's the world's shittiest hostage situation except the hostage taker thinks they're taking a principled stand.

Boney

Banned
It's not like defeating a fascist candidate is enough of a draw, you gotta be awe inspiring too? Incrementalist but achievable improvements of policy? Nah. Either you give me my socialist utopia or I let the fascist win.

It's the world's shittiest hostage situation except the hostage taker thinks they're taking a principled stand.
I don't understand what your argument is or why you're trying to make it as left leaning people are the only ones don't go out to vote on a "we're not republicans" agenda. Where are you getting that from?

Like are you against campaigning? I agree the billions of dollars wasted is incredibly wasteful and could go on to be used on more important things but throwing a candidate out there gets people to vote

Blader

Let me slow it down for you.

This:

People are going to lose their lives because of this budget, here and abroad.

and this

They're cutting support for international famines.

and this

We've got a situation where you have a regime that's going to be very soft on corporate crime.

and this

After all, you've got a former businessman, Donald Trump, who shafted his consumers, his workers, his creditors;

and this

used bankruptcy, in his terms, as a competitive advantage;

and this

tried to avoid all possible taxes.

and this

He's shut down casinos, unemployed workers. Atlantic City is increasingly desolate economically, in part due to his bad business acumen.

Have ALL been said. Repeatedly. For months and months. By Hillary Clinton and Democrats. Before and after the election.

So when you say "here's some simple shit that the Democrats could and should say but they aren't because Democrats just suck" my conclusion is you're either not paying attention or you're being willfully ignorant to feed your own narrative of Democrats being incompetent rubes.

I don't understand what your argument is or why you're trying to make it as left leaning people are the only ones don't go out to vote on a "we're not republicans" agenda. Where are you getting that from?

Like are you against campaigning? I agree the billions of dollars wasted is incredibly wasteful and could go on to be used on more important things but throwing a candidate out there gets people to vote

His argument is pretty clear: stopping Donald Trump from being president should have been reason enough for anyone to vote for Hillary Clinton and down ballot Democrats, regardless of how many awe-inspiring soundbites they were able to feed you ahead of time to make you feel even extra better about your vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom