• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nagoshi confirms Yakuza PSV, 1 & 2 HD on Wii U is "an experiment", and no 3DS plans

Dragon

Banned
How much are the sales expectations here? I mean we're talking about very old games for a platform that's never had these games.

atomsk

Party Pooper
if Yakuza Vita is another reason for syn sophia to keep using their wrestling engine, I'm all for it.

The Black Panther games were awesome

raven777

he doesn't deny vita version but he never "confirms" vita version in the interview.

It probably is coming but its a bit too strong to stay he confirms it in that interview

Yeah I never really got why they didn't at least put one of them on the 360 to see how it fares. (in the west and europe obviously)

It's never sold well in the west to begin with and what small fanbase it has in the west is on PS3, so it'd be a waste of money.

I remember Yakuza 4 assets running on Vita way back at the system unveiling in early 2011. Makes sense to do something with them eventually.

Nagoshi's view on 3DS is short sighted though, they should really port/continue the Black Leopard series on it.

ReaperXL7

Physical imports still work on a US vita account right? Im really considering importing this, and the gundam games for the Vita when I can. I cant not own a yakuza game even if I dont speak japanese.

All of this is pointless if Yakuza 5 isn't localized :/

This board is for more than the west you know lol.

Let's be real here for a second. The main Yakuza series is going to continue on PS3 and onto to PS4. This port has no chance of selling well with the current state of the Wii U before Nintendo's games and possible pricecut hit. Even if this miraculously manages to do well, the main series will never come to Wii U simultaneously. You know what will happen if this does well? Yakuza 3,4,5 ports for Wii U in Japan with no localization.

Black Panther 3 on Vita would be fucking amazing. Even bigger than the second plus the improved visuals would make it a contender for best in the series, mainline or off-shoot.

Niwa

Make a Vita HD Collection of the PSP Entries and localize them. I want to play Black Panther.. :(

Or just localize the PSP Entries. I don't mind. But I want the Vita one aswell localized.

I remember Yakuza 4 assets running on Vita way back at the system unveiling in early 2011. Makes sense to do something with them eventually.

Nagoshi's view on 3DS is short sighted though, they should really port/continue the Black Leopard series on it.

Agreed, they're fine with 1&2 for Wii U but won't even consider anything for the 3DS which is king in Japan right now, odd.

I said in the other thread that 1 & 2 individually on 3DS could really work well.

Why is everything on Nintendo platforms a "test" or "experiment"?!!?!?!

SMH

You should rephrase the question as why everything on Nintendo consoles is a test because the 3DS does fine.

I said in the other thread that 1 & 2 individually on 3DS could really work well.

Would take more than effort than porting an already existing HD collection.

tumblr_m8g6i3QXhG1rwzt47o1_1280.jpg

Too hyped for a Vita Yakuza game, but as others said it means nothing if they won't even localize Yakuza 5 over here.

PS: I made the ad, it's fake.

Make a Vita HD Collection of the PSP Entries and localize them. I want to play Black Panther.. :(

Or just localize the PSP Entries. I don't mind. But I want the Vita one aswell localized.

Yeah, would love to play the PSP games too (and Kenzan) but I still need to do catch up with Yakuza 3&4.

mclem

I'd do it if it were okay to have a Yakuza game without many people walking around the city... But it would be forcing it, no?"

I've played 1 and 2, and I have to say... there aren't many people walking around the city, are there?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Physical imports still work on a US vita account right? Im really considering importing this, and the gundam games for the Vita when I can. I cant not own a yakuza game even if I dont speak japanese.

Yeah they work, no problem. You wont be able to download DLC from your US account though.

Why is everything on Nintendo platforms a "test" or "experiment"?!!?!?!

SMH

Not everything, just games and IPs that are already established on other systems.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
And still no news regarding a Yakuza 5 localization. I'm getting tired of your burned-to-a-crisp ass, Nagoshi.

Mlatador

Banned
Oh, "an experiment"? What is this guy expecting? Yakuza 1 & 2 were Ps2 games and didn't even sell well ouside of Japan.

I don't know how Yakuza 1 & 2 sold on PS3, but I think it wasn't too good either (in the west)

If Yakuza 1 & 2 HD for Wii U bombs, it's still doesn't mean that Wii U owners are in any form different from other console owners, only that they just don't see why they should get excited or spend money for an upresed PS2 port of 8 year old games.

It would be better to bring Yakuza 3 & 4 with enhanced graphics (YES, I want them to put some effort in it and actually offer their customers something) and THEN test the waters.

How about that?

Not everything, just games and IPs that are already established on other systems.

Pretty much. The hope that the series was suddenly going to move over to Nintendo platforms was always ridiculous. It's already successful where it is, the 1 & 2 HD port was just a bone Sega threw to Nintendo to pad out their release schedule.

And still no news regarding a Yakuza 5 localization. I'm getting tired of your burned-to-a-crisp ass, Nagoshi.

Uh, that decision has nothing to do with him.

Oh, "an experiment"? What is this guy expecting? Yakuza 1 & 2 were Ps2 games and didn't even sell well ouside of Japan.

I don't know how Yakuza 1 & 2 sold on PS3, but I think it wasn't too good either (in the west)

If Yakuza 1 & 2 HD for Wii U bombs, it's still doesn't mean that Wii U owners are in any form different from other console owners, only that they just don't see why they should get excited or spend money for an upresed PS2 port of 8 year old games.

It would be better to bring Yakuza 3 & 4 with enhanced graphics (YES, I want them to put some effort in it and actually offer their customers something) and THEN test the waters.

How about that?

They were terrible. ZERO units sold!

prwxv3

Pretty much. The hope that the series was suddenly going to move over to Nintendo platforms was always ridiculous. It's already successful where it is, the 1 & 2 HD port was just a bone Sega threw to Nintendo to pad out their release schedule.

Uh, that decision has nothing to do with him.

They were terrible. ZERO units sold!

Especially since its just 1 and 2. It would be far more likely if they ported 3,4,5

An experiment to see how Fatal Frame could sell on Wii U? EDIT: Oh, Yakuza is a Sega franchise, nevermind, lololol.

And Yakuza Vita is great news, finally another big title for the system in Japan. (after Persona and Miku)

EDarkness

Gotta wonder why companies even bother with this stuff. It's just wasting time and resources. Maybe the few Japanese folks that actually want this game will be appreciative, but if they aren't interested in expanding their base, then what's the point of this?

<shrug>

It's their money, they can do what they want with it....

Top Bottom