• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Namco Q3 FY13 Results: TTT2 - 1.35M, Soul Calibur V - 1.56M, Naruto 1.01M, ToX2 500k

Manbig

Yeah, I was saying the console versions are an arcade port. It wasn't build from the ground up for consoles. Maybe you misread it or maybe I mis-wrote it.

I think I read it wrong. My apologies.

just announce the vita version of TTT2 already.

I'm okay with this, but the Vita pad is just terrible. The PSP bad becomes the best pad to play the game with when broken in. Used to light dash like a boss np.

Endo Punk

Pretty low for Tekken. I remember when Tekken like MGS used to sell me on systems, the franchise has really run its course. I want big changes for Tekken 7, less clowning around and more grounded fighting like Tekken 5. Maybe even set it far off into the future with a mostly new cast and old man Jin Kazama.

ace3skoot

TTT2 was good and deserves results, as fun as the combat was in SCV that game deserved to bomb for the sheer lack of sp features and a lazy, short and boring story mode.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
They had a target of 2 million for Tekken Tag 2. They'll reach it. But that is a drop for a series that usually sells around 3.5 million lifetime with each entry.
I was gonna say I'm sure Tekken sold more on PS2, the fact that its on 3 platforms now is terrible in comparison.
a lot of games have gone multiplatform this to gain better sales, I've only seen decreases in sales.

Manbig

Pretty low for Tekken. I remember when Tekken like MGS used to sell me on systems, the franchise has really run its course. I want big changes for Tekken 7, less clowning around and more grounded fighting like Tekken 5. Maybe even set it far off into the future with a mostly new cast and old man Jin Kazama.

It has been the same formula with some refinements since Tekken 5, so if they do go for big changes, I hope it's a bit more unique than that. I don't think that's going to happen though due to how Tekken 4 turned out.

Endo Punk

It has been the same formula with some refinements since Tekken 5, so if they do go for big changes, I hope it's a bit more unique than that. I don't think that's going to happen though due to how Tekken 4 turned out.

Would have loved if they continued in the direction T4 set. It wasn't perfect but I really enjoyed the changes in T4 it just needed another entry to refine it. I will be keeping close eye on what happens to Tekken next gen though.

Sayah

Would have loved if they continued in the direction T4 set. It wasn't perfect but I really enjoyed the changes in T4 it just needed another entry to refine it. I will be keeping s close eye on what happens to Tekken next gen though.

They are gonna be doing a lot of refinements and experimenting with Tekken gameplay through Tekken X Street Fighter. So just look out for that game. I'm hopeful for an E3 reveal (if not any earlier).

I think I read it wrong. My apologies.
No prob.

Endo Punk

They are gonna be doing a lot of refinements and experimenting with Tekken gameplay through Tekken X Street Fighter. So just look out for that game. I'm hopeful for an E3 reveal (if not any earlier).

Are they even gona go through with it judging by how poorly received and damaging SFxT was? It's a gamble even more so than Capcoms one. I'd rather see T7 but Namco's version of Capcom characters still has me intrigued. Probably wont happen until next gen.

Sayah

Are they even gona go through with it judging by how poorly received and damaging SFxT was? It's a gamble even more so than Capcoms one. I'd rather see T7 but Namco's version of Capcom characters still has me intrigued. Probably wont happen until next gen.

That's what I'd imagine the dev team started working on after TTT2 released (aside from Smash Bros. 4). It's gonna happen. They have Street Fighter characters up for use. There is no way they'll pass that opportunity up.

Busaiku

I still do not understand how they get away with shipping so many units of Tekken games.
People clearly aren't buying anywhere near those amounts.

Shinta

Banned
Soul Calibur V was amazing. Best in the series since 2. Fantastic online and netcode. Really a joy to play.

I hope they do a SCV Ultimate, and then get on with SCVI.

TTT2 was good and deserves results, as fun as the combat was in SCV that game deserved to bomb for the sheer lack of sp features and a lazy, short and boring story mode.
That wasn't laziness, that was lack of resources.

Maybe now Namco will give the series a little more respect and not just rush the next intallement to bridge the gap till the next Tekken.

SCV was great. Loved it.

Skilletor

Nawp, SC5 deserves its sales because of its amazing gameplay.

Soul Calibur V was amazing. Best in the series since 2. Fantastic online and netcode. Really a joy to play.

I hope they do a SCV Ultimate, and then get on with SCVI.

YES! Super SC5!

Glad to see Soul Calibur 5 selling well, i hope this secure Soul Calibur 6 for next gen platforms with more characters and a char customization where we can SHARE our creations (like Forza storefront)

kinggroin

Banned
You seem the one to be offended easily. I responded to the first quote, I just added yours because it was similar. And as english is not my main, I misunderstood your first sentence. Peace, I know you shared my sentiment, no need to call names like that.

Never called you a name

jvm

Gamasutra.
Pretty sure I've asked before, but why do Japanese companies report sales in units (of software) and Western companies use revenue?

TreIII

*hugs his SCV LE box*

Glad to hear that SCV did well. And as reiterated several times...PLEASE give them plenty of development time next time around.

NeonZ

Namco basically threw away SCV unfinished in order to focus on TTT2. Considering how I prefer SC's gameplay, I can't help but smile at these results. Maybe Namco will give some respect to the next SC.

Besides, I love the character editor, so I've had hours of fun with it even outside of multiplayer/online.

Road

Surprised Naruto did so poorly.

It has shipped 1.12 million copies so far. How many copies do you think these Naruto games usually sell?

no One Piece Musou

They shipped 1.2 million copies worldwide, but most of it (940k) was for Japan/Asia, where it was released in the previous fiscal year. The 260k for this fiscal year weren't enough to make it relevant for reporting, I imagine.

Videoneon

I'm happy with the Soul Calibur V results. Numbers aren't as high as Soul Calibur IV, but not bad, considering the development rushing and Project Soul being dissolved initially after IV. Barring something shitty going on in Namco Bandai, Soul Calibur continues as a franchise.

Xillia 2...I guess that's about right though I was expecting ever so slightly higher off the heels of Xillia doing very well in Japan. Xillia sold right around this number in its first week, but I suppose it was heavily promoted or something.

DEATH™

If SCV is an indication, TTT2 will sell well later on, especially after EVO time comes. The game also didnt have a significant price drop just yet, and the bought online passes and direct download copies can be considered as another copy sold too...

But even then, buy TTT2!!!

Manbig

Namco basically threw away SCV unfinished in order to focus on TTT2. Considering how I prefer SC's gameplay, I can't help but smile at these results. Maybe Namco will give some respect to the next SC.

Besides, I love the character editor, so I've had hours of fun with it even outside of multiplayer/online.

I don't think that's quite right. They are separate teams.

Also, people gotta remember that SCV had quite a head start here.

Pein

Banned
naruto is probably pure profit for them, Its a hack job made from all 3 storm games. the most expensive things probably was the cut scenes.

I'd really like tekken to do more it was so fun. I need to get SCV soon, maybe it might get a vita port.

I got one piece but they don't supply psn numbers though.

As of december? Where did you find it?

namco20ju1y.png

http://www.bandainamco.co.jp/en/ir/financial/pdf_bnh/en_20121102_2_2.pdf

Road

As of december? Where did you find it?

http://www.bandainamco.co.jp/files/58-E585B1E5908C009E38090E383AFE383B3E38394E784A1E5.pdf

2012年3月に発売した前作「ワンピース 海賊無双」は、「ONE PIECE」ゲーム初の全世界累計出荷本数が120万本を突破しました。

Sayah

SCV came out in January. TTT2 came out in September. Take TTT2's arcade release and that time gap into consideration.

Top Bottom