• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 |OT| Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Dragoshi1

She should get a male school outfit DLC.

And they won't add new characters which is sad, I was hoping for a secret SD Rock Lee and Naruto.

Smilax

I don't know how anyone handles ranking with all the lag. It's hard enough to do anything with it. Oh well, might as well continue getting beaten up lol

Smilax

I still wish they wouldve made the bosses playable :mad:. Ill get it after a price drop though

Yeah, while doing story mode and battling them, I was like "Wow, can't wait to unlock them", and then I read the thread again and realized that they are not in the game. I was pretty bummed out.

I also given up on Ranking, just gonna stick to casual, I love doing Tournaments

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Yeah, while doing story mode and battling them, I was like "Wow, can't wait to unlock them", and then I read the thread again and realized that they are not in the game. I was pretty bummed out.

I also given up on Ranking, just gonna stick to casual, I love doing Tournaments

I just beat game like week ago and the story mode was fun. I'm glad that I only rent it since I got bored with online pretty fast. Hopefully, they pull everything together for 4th one.

Mdeezy

The funny thing is the developers swear they they are impossible to make playable......and then multiple people post youtube videos showing them as indeed playable even if through hacking. They clearly have full movesets and making them playable(edo kages at least) would have made the most sense since they were quite active in the manga. I think the devs were just lazy as hell.

The funny thing is the developers swear they they are impossible to make playable......and then multiple people post youtube videos showing them as indeed playable even if through hacking. They clearly have full movesets and making them playable(edo kages at least) would have made the most sense since they were quite active in the manga. I think the devs were just lazy as hell.

Or they'll be playable in the Steam version and sold as DLC "due to fan demand" later down the road.

Smilax

Did they have full move sets? I don't recall seeing if they had Awakening and Ultimate Jutsus, but still, that wouldn't take to much time. I just don't see why we have 3 Narutos, and 3 Sasukes. Could of easily made room :p

Smilax

Online becomes fun when I find someone with a good internet connection. I'm able to do what I want to do lol.

Pein

Banned
new costumes are out for the akatsuki. Only Pain has a real costume, deidara, itachi and kisame get the hats from when they were first introduced. its only a $1 so I think its worth it.

Smilax

new costumes are out for the akatsuki. Only Pain has a real costume, deidara, itachi and kisame get the hats from when they were first introduced. its only a $1 so I think its worth it.

It's like I'm playing TF2, only the hats are cheaper.

Smilax

Well, the new costumes got released. 6 Naruto Costumes and one Sasuke Costume. Sasuke costume looks pretty cool lol.

Necrovex

I just completed the Pain arc in the show, which I also assume where Storm 2 ends (correct me if I am wrong). So, I want to know if I should play this game to get the rest of the story, or if I should continue to slug through the anime?

I just completed the Pain arc in the show, which I also assume where Storm 2 ends (correct me if I am wrong). So, I want to know if I should play this game to get the rest of the story, or if I should continue to slug through the anime?

why not read the manga? you'll get caught up faster, and its the original source.

i haven't seen the anime version of the story this game covers so I couldn't say which is better.

Malajax

Get the game. I don't even have it, but given the history, demo, and videos, it's way better than the anime at the moment.

The anime has gotten so bad.

Necrovex

why not read the manga? you'll get caught up faster, and its the original source.

i haven't seen the anime version of the story this game covers so I couldn't say which is better.

I have a major fondness for the anime's OST and vocals. Even though the pacing is garbage, I've gone through One Piece, so I'm a used to it by now.

Malajax

what, why? Animation wise or what?

The pacing is awful. The story moves along at a snails pace, and constantly breaks to include some terribad filler stuff. The animation and all that other stuff is fine, but stretching out a chapters worth of content that's only a few lines of dialogue and two page spreads to 20 minutes is unbearable.

Necrovex

The pacing is awful. The story moves along at a snails pace, and constantly breaks to include some terribad filler stuff. The animation and all that other stuff is fine, but stretching out a chapters worth of content that's only a few lines of dialogue and two page spreads to 20 minutes is unbearable.

I found it a little ironic that you wrote this post while having a One Piece (animated) avatar. :p

Dead

well not really...yet
Ive never played a Naruto game, and I havent read a naruto comic in probably 8 years...

But a gameplay video of this caught my eye and I played the demo...holy shit, this is just like Asura's Wrath!

Is it safe to say that if I loved Asura's Wrath I would enjoy the whole game?

Ive never played a Naruto game, and I havent read a naruto comic in probably 8 years...

But a gameplay video of this caught my eye and I played the demo...holy shit, this is just like Asura's Wrath!

Is it safe to say that if I loved Asura's Wrath I would enjoy the whole game?

I think it's pretty safe to say that. Infact, as much as I enjoyed Asura's Wrath, I think you'll enjoy this even more.

AZUMIKE

This thread is un-active considering this game came out a couple months ago. Were are the Naruto-fan GAFers? Anyways, does anyone know about the original 2D games made by CC2?
Some random exhibition matches.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UFl3ZLjHN4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aM6TDD0azo&list=UUl6ixyDxvwxZs8nr35PX_Zg&index=48

There was even a recent movement to bring these games back. Fans were actually able to get an interview with CC2 president, Hiroshi Matsuyama.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anAvL_mohpU&list=UUl6ixyDxvwxZs8nr35PX_Zg&index=1

Unfortunate to see this series get abandoned...

This thread is un-active considering this game came out a couple months ago. Were are the Naruto-fan GAFers? Anyways, does anyone know about the original 2D games made by CC2?
Some random exhibition matches.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UFl3ZLjHN4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aM6TDD0azo&list=UUl6ixyDxvwxZs8nr35PX_Zg&index=48

There was even a recent movement to bring these games back. Fans were actually able to get an interview with CC2 president, Hiroshi Matsuyama.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anAvL_mohpU&list=UUl6ixyDxvwxZs8nr35PX_Zg&index=1

Unfortunate to see this series get abandoned...

I cant watch those videos but im assuming its the Ultimate Ninja games? Then yeah, I was a huge fan of them. Its what made me become a fan of them.

wilflare

thinking of getting this. my last naruto was ultimate ninja storms 2.
what's up with the save file unlocking some costume/character in storms 3?
any news on the DLC lock?

think I may be able to get a R3/Asia copy for about 42USD :/
had lotsa fun with ninja storms 2 but the reviews seem hrm

Desmond

Boom! Got the platinum to go with 2's and Generations'. Easiest of the three by far. An snow I've just bought some fecking hats. What is wrong with me?

This game is difficult. In versus how do you counter, when people just Right Trigger + right face button and do their cinematic throw moves over and over and over.

or you get into a stallmat where people appear behind each other all the time.

I am looking to pick this game or Generations up on PS3, but was wondering if it still has an active online community. If it doesn't, I could just as well go for Generations (which is about 15 bucks cheaper, I know in December Burst will be released, but at that time I will have little to no time to play anymore.

So it would be great if anyone could tell me if the game is still being played online currently :).

I am looking to pick this game or Generations up on PS3, but was wondering if it still has an active online community. If it doesn't, I could just as well go for Generations (which is about 15 bucks cheaper, I know in December Burst will be released, but at that time I will have little to no time to play anymore.

So it would be great if anyone could tell me if the game is still being played online currently :).

Generations is not very good. I would just wait for Full Burst.

Kabuto

I just logged on after not playing for a month or so. When did the Ninja Info card menu get updated? It looks way better than it did at launch. CC2 making updates in the right places! Who needs balance or dlc characters?

or it could have always been like this since launch and I'm really forgetful

Kabuto

I can't believe these words are coming out of my mouth but a patch for the game came out today.

The Support Glitch has been fixed.
Fuu’s Awakening Hitbox has been fixed.
Kiba no longer has a double dash due to Akamaru. If Akamaru is knocked down, Kiba can not attack.
Pain and Asuma no longer stun with their Chakra Shuriken.
Minato’s Awakening Action no longer has Invincibility Frames
Minato’s Awakening Action has less tracking.
Minato’s Awakening Action no longer teleports to you if you substitute the Kunai.
Masked Man, Young Kakashi, and KCM Naruto’s (awakening) Jutsu no longer have any Invincibility Frames.
Zabuza & Suigetsu’s Water Dragon Jutsu have less tracking.
Suigetsu’s Water Dragon in Awakening does less damage to your block.
Kimimaro’s Jutsu hits less.
Subbing Kimimaro’s Jutsu is more accurate.
Madara’s Great Fire Annihilation has less range.
Madara’s Great Fire Annihilation goes away faster.
Madara’s attacks no longer affect frame rate.
Ten Ten’s tilt Glitch has been removed.
Juugo’s Ninjutsu no longer has Invincibility Frames.
Darui’s Tilt has better tracking.
Konan’s Awakening has lost it’s speed.

All of these are pretty huge fixes. I also can't believe I'm saying this but I'm glad CC2 listened to the fans. Full Burst is coming out next week but I'm gonna hop on Xbox Live to play a couple rounds right now cuz this game is actually playable now.

jfPi4fY.jpg

Im ready :) 2 more days ugh

Skilletor

I'm waiting on word to see how the PC port is before buying it, but definitely interested.

Wish there was a demo.

Any place to get this a bit cheaper than MSRP?

Kokonoe

Banned
OHGOHDOGHSOEHF I FORGOT ABOUT THE PC VERSION SFOJEFOJ sjjfsjefj jsFJJFSJ JJ -shakes- SOFJJFjfjfjfje EI CAJjj A 0-twitches-

GIVE ME IT NAO IN 1080 LUSCIOUS P!

desu

Curious about the PC version as well, but I am keeping my expectations low. Hopefully there will be some decent hacks/mods for the game.

sorry for the bump just had a quick question does save data from physical 3 work with physical full burst?

also does full burst have that made up ending still that 3 had?

Top Bottom