• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Natural Selection 2 |OT| You're Squad 5

Didn't see the reinforcement program, I'll definitely support that.
Free content patches are awesome, I'm sad that they're running out of money but glad they didn't charge for the patch and call it dlc or something.

It's a shame this thread is in the community graveyard:( the patch would get a lot more exposure in gaming, maybe I should make a thread dedicated to the patch.

Cystm

Didn't see the reinforcement program, I'll definitely support that.
Free content patches are awesome, I'm sad that they're running out of money but glad they didn't charge for the patch and call it dlc or something.

It's a shame this thread is in the community graveyard:( the patch would get a lot more exposure in gaming, maybe I should make a thread dedicated to the patch.

Do it. I can help with anything you might want.

Do it. I can help with anything you might want.

I made one, feel free to suggest things I forgot/mistakes I made, additions.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=665081

I haven't played in two months and am picking it up again with the new patch, all the changes make it feel really alien to me right now I have a lot of catching up to do.

I took a break from ns2 because it was taking up ALL my gaming time and then ironically dota2 did almost the same thing...

Cystm

I made one, feel free to suggest things I forgot/mistakes I made, additions.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=665081

I haven't played in two months and am picking it up again with the new patch, all the changes make it feel really alien to me right now I have a lot of catching up to do.

I took a break from ns2 because it was taking up ALL my gaming time and then ironically dota2 did almost the same thing...

I know that feel. I play a stupid amount of LoL.

This patch though! Such a solid batch of updates. It's really awesome to see a patch that is so well thought out and is indicative of these guys really listening to the community and getting mechanics in the game that make for a deeper experience.

Rail guns aside, of course :p

Genji

Got a chance to meet Hugh and WasabiOne at PAX yesterday. Both are super friendly guys and willing to answer tons of questions. Hugh seemed very happy with the response to their Reinforced program so far, and a few of the others there (testers) mentioned that the balance tweaks have seemed to even things out.

They had a plush Gorge there, sadly not available for sale. They need to sell those!

Have only had a bit of time to try out the new patch, can't wait to play it more when PAX is over with.

For the most part I'm ok with the patch. Actually my only issue is they changed the trajectory of launched grenades, its pretty pitiful now. They don't go far, and its a lot harder to get a decent bounce off a wall or down a vent.

Valygar

Now it's a good time to bring your friends to the game. They can buy it at 1$ minimum here https://www.humblebundle.com/.
There is also a new build with many improvements to key binding and so on. I still have to play it a lot, but I wanted to inform you guys.

namDa65

oh my god. This game is so good. I never got into natural selection 1 as the learning curve was quite high and there was no introductory tutorial but once you get into this game holy shit.

Getting in on this just now thanks to STEAM FRIENDS, and as someone who's been coasting in Left 4 Dead 2 for the past year, I'm really hoping this satiates mah online FPS fix.

Sick of CounterStrikes, needs mah strategy.

And it has Workshop support? :faint

BTW, someone on steam by the handle "Jeremiah" sent me a msg about this game. I stupidly colosed the chat windows after I relogged and for some reason... cannot find you again via steam or here on GAF.

Yes, people still play NS2, the community is good and vibrant and patching has made the game XXXX amount better.

Hope you find the game well! Contact me again if you can!

I've been meaning to get back into it. Havent played much since launch, an i'm sure it's changed much since

I'm still on the rookie servers (which are a thing, not sure when they introduced them), but I'm seeing a lot of new things I haven't run into before.

In particular: NPC workers the commanders can order around to support, and base-defense type units the commanders can order around.

Top Bottom