• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2015- 16 Regular Season IOTI - NBA GAF Is Pretty Dead Considering This Fact

phanphare

Banned
The Hornets, who just went 6-0 in the preseason are going to sting their way into the postseason behind the return of Linsanity!! Kids all over will be rocking the bowl cut.

oF9u8cm.gif

Cheebo

Banned
Pistons are gonna make the playoffs this year. League's most underrated squad this year easily
I love this years Pistons but I don't want to let myself get my hopes up.

The east overall is improved over last year. I do not think we will have any sub 40 teams making the playoffs this year.

Ledbetter

Nice, I wasn't aware that the season begins today. Too bad that here in Mexico they broadcast a low amount of regular season games.

Good to see Kobe Bryant back, although I don't know how likely it is that he will stay healthy throughout the season.

Anyway, go Grizzlies!

Probably a stupid question but can teams be relegated, and new teams enter the NBA?

Must be approved by the league for expansion. It's not like soccer where you can play into the league.

Madridista, did you have a chance to check out the references section? It's really the end all be all of stuff. One thing I can recommend is BBallBreakdown- Coach Nick breaks down stuff from an X's and O's perspective. Just forgive his love for HORNS (basketball play).

Here's one for the Lakers

Jarate

Banned
was going to go to the 76ers home opener, but my job has gotten in the way it seems

Im actually really excited for this season, and I think we'll be a lot better then people expect. If Stauskas and Covington an hit 3's consistently, Okafor and Nerlens should be able to do well inside, although Okafor is going to struggle mightily in the beggining of the season

Also, watch out for Christian Wood, he seems pretty good so far.

Also, Madridista, if you like to game, try out the NBA 2K games as they'll teach you some nice fundamentals of how the sport works.

Yes, Hinrich can still play good ball when not trying to be the defensive anchor he is playing 36 minutes a game due to Rose injury. With that said Hoibergs new offense benefits the guards greatly and Hinrich definitely flows well within it. E'twaun though is definitely better than Hinrich....hes also 26 and can go longer periods without wearing out as quickly.

sucks that mike dunleavy won't be there for the opener. But, that does mean snell or Mirotic will get the nod most likely.

They're both starting, Snell at small forward and Niko at power forward.

Snell could be key to the Bulls for a while, he needs to hold his own.

In the preseason, he looked like he was sleeping through the games and he better wake up really fast.

He has talent(good dribble, can drive when he decides to try aggression, can shoot threes) but I think Hoiberg cares more about him defensively.

If Jimmy Butler had arms as long as Snell's, he'd be the best defender of all time.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
What are we thinking Raptors fans?

Disgusting sweep in the first round? Not even making the playoffs at all?

We'll make the playoffs but maan I have no clue where we're going to end up in the seeing.

I can see us anywhere from #2 to #7 in the East. Realistically I see us finishing 5th or 6th with teams 3-6 all finishing within 4 games of each other or so.

go celtics

fuck the north!

Excuse me?!?!? EXCUSE ME!!!

tm24

Pistons are gonna make the playoffs this year. League's most underrated squad this year easily

As much as the Reggie Jackson/Andre Drummond pick and roll just seemingly destroys, there is no way it will be enough with the roster as is. As soon as Brandon Jennings and Jackson are on the floor at the same time, i feel like the offense slows down and they lose all the momentum. IF they can swing for a good wing at the deadline i feel like that tremendously opens up the floor, gives them some extra offense and just lets that pick and roll destroy their way to the 8th seed.

Still though, Reggie Jackson is the second best cog in your offense. That's scary. KCP showed some major improvements as the year went on with the ability to catch and release and we'll see if the hype behind Stanley JOhnson leads to something

I'm still not sold on Drummond offensively or mentally.

He was getting pissed off already in a preseason game against the Bulls because he wasn't getting the ball enough.

xHiryu

As much as the Reggie Jackson/Andre Drummond pick and roll just seemingly destroys, there is no way it will be enough with the roster as is. As soon as Brandon Jennings and Jackson are on the floor at the same time, i feel like the offense slows down and they lose all the momentum. IF they can swing for a good wing at the deadline i feel like that tremendously opens up the floor, gives them some extra offense and just lets that pick and roll destroy their way to the 8th seed.

Still though, Reggie Jackson is the second best cog in your offense. That's scary. KCP showed some major improvements as the year went on with the ability to catch and release and we'll see if the hype behind Stanley JOhnson leads to something

Stanley Johnson is a stud, definitely sold on him. He was great in the summer league and solid during preseason. Contender for ROY along Okafor and Mudiay.

Really excited for this season. That FiveThirtyEight prediction scared me a little but fuck Nate Silver the Heat are going to turn some heads

Lebron James we comin for you n**ga
#nobookert

tm24

You have to remember that 538 is stat based, so the numbers, WAR especially, skew towards Jordan levels.

Into

Watch Cavs start off with barely .500 due to injuries, the shitshow starts again

Sources say Blatt and LeBron at odds again

According to a source Kevin Love is displeased, wants out

Will Blatt last til the All Stars game?

Skip Bayless says: Lebron is a bum

Pachimari

I am curious, how much do you know about LeBron James? Since you'll be watching the Cavs game.

Nothing, other than having heard his name multiple times.

Must be approved by the league for expansion. It's not like soccer where you can play into the league.

Madridista, did you have a chance to check out the references section? It's really the end all be all of stuff. One thing I can recommend is BBallBreakdown- Coach Nick breaks down stuff from an X's and O's perspective. Just forgive his love for HORNS (basketball play).

Here's one for the Lakers

Thank you for this, I will check it out during the night.

That's really hard to follow NBA games with your time zone.

Yeah, unfortunately. :(

He can always buy league pass
That's the one on NBA.com I can imagine. The membership looked real expensive though.

Do any of you guys have the NBA League Pass or are they broadcasting the games on TV at your location?

And this was an interesting video. I'll keep an eye on those three talents.
How about Kobe Bryant, how is he doing? I hear he is too old for the game now?

Kobe is on the last year of a two year contract with the Lakers. Supposedly this is his final year before he retires. He's still a starter in the meantime.

I guess.. :(

Maybe someday. *sigh*

Amazing to think how many talented players have played for Toronto and never stuck around. TMAC didn't want to play second fiddle to his cousin. Had he stuck around a season or two longer, Vince would've gladly relinquished his alpha dog status.

spyder_ur

The season's here! Go Celts. Super pumped.

So 538 came out with their 53 (?) best franchise players based in cumulative Wins Above Replacement for the next 6 years.

You know it's right because they have Marcus Smart 13. Damn straight. Then again they have Jared Sullinger at 43, ahead of Wiggins, Okafor, Horford, etc. So....

Top Bottom