• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

Wait a minute, Cousins he spent all OT on the bench because Alvin didn't want to play him? Ruh roh.

They're gonna flip him again this offseason. I sort of figured that defensively DMC and AD would be terrible, but I did not expect they'd get in each other's way so much on offense. AD plays demonstrably worse with DMC on the floor. DMC is looking so far to be more Derrick Coleman and less Rasheed/CWebb. He needs to get his head out of his ass.

Surfinn

They're gonna flip him again this offseason. I sort of figured that defensively DMC and AD would be terrible, but I did not expect they'd get in each other's way so much on offense. AD plays demonstrably worse with DMC on the floor. DMC is looking so far to be more Derrick Coleman and less Rasheed/CWebb. He needs to get his head out of his ass.
Damn, sad to read this. I really hoped they'd be successful together. :(

phanphare

Banned
That's a good dunk but.. Come on it's 3 on 1 and dude had all his momentum built up while cousins is just standing in the paint trying to defend against an inevitable bucket

haha I know but still

it's kind of sad to watch. ad and boogie could be terrorizing teams but it feels like (in the admittedly very limited sample I've actually watched) if boogie doesn't get fed the ball repeatedly he just visibly mopes around, gives up on 50/50 balls, doesn't get back on defense, bad body language, that consistent scowl on his face.

mjp2417

Banned
ABC projecting their own saltiness with the Warriors for fucking over their primetime ratings as some goofy sob story about Mexican peasants spending their last peso so their son could finally see Steph Curry play is hilariously transparent. I'm just surprised they didn't invent an incurable illness for the kid.

Fuckin Wizards are just clicking together man. Don't get to see them play much but Beal and Wall are straight synergy. Blazers got into foul trouble and can't seem to do anything now.

TTG

I want to see them play together in a different system. I have not watched the Pels enough under Alvin prior to the trade and their injury woes further complicate an assessment, so I won't flat out call him a bad coach, but it hasn't looked good post trade. Cousins is one of the best passing big men in the game, he's durable and physical on the glass, it's not the worst fit in the world.

If we have someone who has watched Cousins closely for a while, I'd be curious to know what kind of shape he's in right now versus previous years. Cardio and athleticism in terms of lift and first step.

Fjordson

0-12? And he played for 40 minutes? What the hell is this guy's problem.

Fjordson, fill me in!
lmao yeah that was ugly.

McCaw can get very deer in the headlights when he has to create offense. He's been a solid rookie, but a lot of that is playing with four all-stars. Good complimentary role player, just not a guy who will create much on his own.

Celtics are the only team to have beaten the Cavs and Warriors while having Avery Bradley on the roster

Only real contender left in the league really
Are they finally going to get out of the first round this year?

Beal and Wall are the hottest duo in the league right now, Wizards low key a fun team to watch.

LionPride

Banned
I want to see them play together in a different system. I have not watched the Pels enough under Alvin prior to the trade and their injury woes further complicate an assessment, so I won't flat out call him a bad coach, but it hasn't looked good post trade. Cousins is one of the best passing big men in the game, he's durable and physical on the glass, it's not the worst fit in the world.

If we have someone who has watched Cousins closely for a while, I'd be curious to know what kind of shape he's in right now versus previous years. Cardio and athleticism in terms of lift and first step.
Let AD and Boogie work out over the summer, he'll come back with less body fat and the abilty to run circles around you. AD appears to work out harder than Boogie so we'll see

TTG

It could just as well be that he's a freak show athlete who doesn't have to worry much about body fat.

McCaw can get very deer in the headlights when he has to create offense. He's been a solid rookie, but a lot of that is playing with four all-stars. Good complimentary role player, just not a guy who will create much on his own.

I still don't know why he plays ahead of Clark. I get that he looks more the part physically, but that's it.

It could just as well be that he's a freak show athlete who doesn't have to worry much about body fat.

I still don't know why he plays ahead of Clark. I get that he looks more the part physically, but that's it.

Better defender...McCaw was drafted mainly for his perimeter defense.

I don't know if the rest protest GSW vs SA was the cause for this, but I just saw this in an article on ESPN.com

The league has agreed to stretch the season seven to ten days in 2017-18 and cut down on preseason games in addition to cutting down back-to-backs.

Steve Kerr also mentioned that the Warriors were the team that flew the most miles for their schedule 2 years in a row now.

So it looks Adam Silver is trying to address the issue at hand to cut down on resting players.
stretching the season out to cut down on back to backs, and then to maybe plan out the road games to not include so much back and forth.

This Bulls team was so poorly conceived and they're absolutely unwatchable. I have no idea how it gets any better. I definitely don't trust the front office to fix it, when the moves they made this offseason were so obviously misguided.

Top Bottom