• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

Wow, what's up with Draymond?

Haven't been following the Dubs recently, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's him taking way more of a load down low than he would be with KD playing. Having an actual 7-footer with crazy length that blocks shots probably helped share the load with him.

Also, Warriors have just had to travel a ton recently.

Also, the Rockets had a 33-2 run against the Bulls earlier.

Haven't been following the Dubs recently, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's him taking way more of a load down low than he would be with KD playing. Having an actual 7-footer with crazy length that blocks shots probably helped share the load with him.

Also, Warriors have just had to travel a ton recently.

Also, the Rockets had a 33-2 run against the Bulls earlier.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope the Rockets win the Western Conference, honestly. Hope that Harden gets a ring because go ASU and fuck the Wildcats.

I'm cheering against the Wildcats in March Madness.

Hope the waves get the8th seed.

Would love to see KAT in the play offs

Timberwolves are catching fire at the perfect time, the only problem is that the Blazers and Mavs also caught fire, and the Nuggets have a solid lead right now.

I honestly wonder if the Blazers, as they are right now, might be able to catch the Grizzlies for the 7th seed. I could see it happening. Either way, the way the Blazers, Mavs, Timberwolves are ending the season, and just given the excitement of seeing KAT, Wiggins, Nurkic, Jokic, and the 1 year rebuild Mavs in the playoffs, it would be awesome to see 2 of the 4 get a chance to be in the playoffs this year.

Kerr is just angry and wants to do this against the NBA and the game being televised. All it is, will be his fault if they don't even make it to the Finals.

Not sure why they didn't op to rest today and play tomorrow but like I said, Kerr gonna Kerr.

Maybe they will win and keep the one spot anyways but why risk it this way

But why tomorrow in particular?
Kerr is throwing his board at the NBA. If they have to have back to back games Kerr wants the NBA to give him the 28th and 29th ranked teams in the league.

It isn't like the NBA knows which teams will be good or bad when the schedule is made. A part of the schedule being so bad is who they play the other part being i decent amount of back to backs. I cant understand with not being happy with back to backs and such but all teams have the same issues with getting all the games in.

I always personally thought the nba season was too long and they often have back to backs honestly. Not good for your legs/knees for sure. Season may be better at or near 62 games with much fewer back to backs.

Kerr is just angry and wants to do this against the NBA and the game being televised. All it is, will be his fault if they don't even make it to the Finals.

Not sure why they didn't op to rest today and play tomorrow but like I said, Kerr gonna Kerr.

Maybe they will win and keep the one spot anyways but why risk it this way

Spurs have been a mess on offense sans Kawhi. Only reason they came back against the Kings is because it's the Kings.

Sandfox

But why tomorrow in particular?

Because they just played tonight and didn't look good. Curry for example has been shooting the ball poorly for the past few games. Kawhi Leonard missing tomorrow's game due to a concussion probably plays into it as well.

Because they just played tonight and didn't look good. Curry for example has been shooting the ball poorly for the past few games. Kawhi Leonard missing tomorrow's game due to a concussion probably plays into it as well.

Nah, they are doing it cause of the televising and Kerr being unhappy with the schedule. It's been over twitter quite a bit since yesterday. It was expected.

Spurs have been a mess on offense sans Kawhi. Only reason they came back against the Kings is because it's the Kings.
I'm just not sure what this has to do with the tv coverage and kerr sitting people though?

I don't think he is doing it cause they think they don't need to play. Anyways, Spurs are always winning close games any time you see a team winning by 20, the spurs are winning by 8 to 10. They never dominate that much honestly and that's why they lost in the playoffs last year, they couldn't handle teams and when it got touch they couldn't keep up.

Cavs were going to sit their starters for a TNT game earlier this year against OKC but went back on it hours before it started. Not going to be surprised if Golden State does it too and plays everyone.

Cavs were going to sit their starters for a TNT game earlier this year against OKC but went back on it hours before it started. Not going to be surprised if Golden State does it too and plays everyone.

Kawhi isn't playing anyways. I mean, it's a seriously tough decision to make, and Warriors probably should've considered resting their starters this game instead, given the race for 1st seed right now, or playing them way less once the Kawhi news came out.

TTG

Pop to counter by resting Manu, Pau, LMA, and Parker.

Remember that Spurs/Heat game when Lebron and Wade both sat, don't remember who sat for the Spurs. Went to like double OT with Bosh hitting a dagger.

Not that I'll be watching this one, don't have the stomach to watch the Warriors struggle without Durant. Remember when people were talking about how Curry is just as good as last year pre injury, he's just sharing more? A shitty way to be proven right for me.

Fjordson

Kerr resting everyone is very interesting. I don't usually buy into fan conspiracy theories, but this does seem like Kerr telling the NBA their scheduling stinks.

The schedule does stink and the NBA season is too long, but I feel like the league is in too deep at this point to change it. They should shorten it, but TV networks and sponsors would go ballistic and fans would get hit with higher ticket prices.

The league probably has to penalize teams somehow who rest guys, but then that gets into a weird area because how do you decide when a guy truly, objectively does not need a rest?

Kerr resting everyone is very interesting. I don't usually buy into fan conspiracy theories, but this does seem like Kerr telling the NBA their scheduling stinks.

The schedule does stink and the NBA season is too long, but I feel like the league is in too deep at this point to change it. They should shorten it, but TV networks and sponsors would go ballistic and fans would get hit with higher ticket prices.

The league probably has to penalize teams somehow who rest guys, but then that gets into a weird area because how do you decide when a guy truly, objectively does not need a rest?

If they were still winning I highly doubt they would do this.

Jarate

Banned
I don't see any reason why the league can't last a few weeks or maybe a month longer or earlier they really need to get rid of back-to-backs

Fjordson

It really is a tough issue. Because at the end of the day, coaches and the NBA are working towards different goals with different motivations and likely always will be. Winning and precautions for health vs. high ratings and an entertaining product.

Top Bottom