• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

Marz

Clips/Utah a sneaky big game tonight?

EDIT: Diaw is starting? I'm liking this already.

Diaw is so terrible now.

Edit: the thing that impressed me the most about LeBron in year 14 is how he still has the ability to just throw it down viciously on the break or going to the hole. Jordan and Kobe at age 33 didn't have that ability anymore they had to change their games and they didn't have close to the mileage that LeBron has had on his legs and body.

otapnam

Diaw is so terrible now.

Edit: the thing that impressed me the most about LeBron in year 14 is how he still has the ability to just throw it down viciously on the break or going to the hole. Jordan and Kobe at age 33 didn't have that ability anymore they had to change their games and they didn't have close to the mileage that LeBron has had on his legs and body.

LeBron has never been hurt. Never. How is that possible

Luke Walton threw this game. I'm actually starting to feel like it was intentional.

Its just a lack of everything. That team last night looked like a HS team, they really had no idea what they were doing. So disorganized. Russell is so bad. hes averaging almost 3 TO a game. His decision making is unfkn real sometimes. Hes a lazy ball handler who has no speed.

They need to move him to the 2 and just let him catch and shoot.

That team last night just shake my head.

Gigglepoo

What are the odds all four of Golden State's studs are on the team next year? I wouldn't be shocked if there was some movement this off season, especially if they have a bad playoff exit.

Fjordson

What are the odds all four of Golden State's studs are on the team next year? I wouldn't be shocked if there was some movement this off season, especially if they have a bad playoff exit.
Klay and Draymond are under contract and Curry won't leave thanks to the new CBA creating a lot of financial incentive for veteran players to stay home (Warriors can offer him $80 million more than any other team).

Durant's the only one that would leave as a free agent. I don't think he will, but if things go terribly in the playoffs I'll be nervous about the summer.

ViciousDS

Banned
Anyone excited for Gary Harris and seeing if he explodes come playoffs? I'm really interested in the nuggets this year

Kid is shooting fucking amazing

Can't believe the Bulls got rid of him......fucking morons

xHiryu

Anyone excited for Gary Harris and seeing if he explodes come playoffs? I'm really interested in the nuggets this year

Kid is shooting fucking amazing

Can't believe the Bulls got rid of him......fucking morons

nuggets as a whole are clicking together, jokic is unreal. idk how mudiay's playing but if he steps up then they can be a problem. the nugs, suns and wolves are the prime up and comers of the western conference imo

scoobs

But seriously, what the hell is wrong with Steph Curry? Averaging 45% from 3 for like 6 years and this year hes 39%. What gives?

plus

We lost KP to injury and the Pacers still manage to screw the tank up. Stuckey is hot garbage and got his ass handed to him by Ron MF Baker good lord.

C67SXQZVwAA20h8.jpg

#stayme7o

TTG

*looks at box scores*

Now they're losing to what's left of the Sixers. Has Curry crossed someone up yet this season?

Fjordson

I get that Durant is important to the Dubs, but the depths the rest of Golden State's roster has sunk to since he got injured is scary.

But seriously, what the hell is wrong with Steph Curry? Averaging 45% from 3 for like 6 years and this year hes 39%. What gives?

Durant stole Steph and Klay's abilities like the Monstarz in Space Jam.

For real though, it seems like he had a very tough time adjusting to playing with Durant this whole season. There were a lot of games where he wasn't as aggressive with finding his shot as he usually is.

GS really miss that bench they had over the past two seasons.

TTG

I get that Durant is important to the Dubs, but the depths the rest of Golden State's roster has sunk to since he got injured is scary.

Sorry to bring it up again, but Curry hasn't sunk since Durant's injury, he sunk last year. He's the same guy that couldn't get a shot off against Kevin Love in the finals. It's kind of what made him the mvp, shooting off the dribble against anyone. If you have no quickness at all, you're not going to make a lot of of those shots no matter how many balls you can dribble between your legs at once.

So, your best player is out with a scary knee injury, your second best player has to adjust to a more conventional shooter role. Oh, and only the Magic Lakers, Bird Celtics and MJ's Bulls ever won 60 games 3 times in a row.

Doom and gloom! Back to watching Zelda videos.

EDIT: Will people now disabuse themselves of the idea that Steph was just deferring or adjusting? I don't mean to single you out Macgrady, but god am I tired of that argument. On a basic level, he had like 3-5 highlight plays weekly, if not every game last year, do you think he decided to stop all of it entirely because of a new teammate?

TTG

So basically, Durant should have gone to the Spurs to form a frontcourt of Kawhi/Durant/LaMarcus (maybe, assuming he can play).

Durant should have demanded those 4 players that showed up to recruit him play a pick up game before he signed. At least a 1 on 1 with Curry.

Yeah KD was definitely 2nd or 3rd in the MVP race. This stretch is the worst I've ever seen Curry look even before he went superhuman the last 2 years.

Top Bottom