• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

Tom Penny

Pretty much the exact opposite of last month for him. So tough to gauge it, but I have to stop letting my hopes get up to high on smart.

Career sample size not big enough for you yet..this team wouldn't win one playoff game without IT. Teams don't give a flying fuck about anybody's offense other than him nor would it matter because they have nobody that can create their own shot.

Jarate

Banned
I'd say trust the process but nah fuck Colangelo

Fuck the snakes

but trust the process bro

TLC has actually been a really good draft pick for BC, and im hearing great things about Korkmaz who should be taking that D-League roster spot next year. Im just hoping we never have to make a trade ever again because BC sucks ass at it

Jarate

Banned
Next year's lineup is going to be super interesting for the Sixers when Simmons and Embiid come back healthy. I doubt Okafor will still be here (maybe his knee is too fucked up too trade tho, idk)

but the starting lineup of

Embiid
Simmons/Dario
Dario/Simmons
Robert Covington
Guard we pick up in the draft

bench unit
TJ McConnell
Nik Stauskas
Timothe Luwawu-Cabarot
Richaun Holmes
Jarryd Bayless
Im assuming they'll pick up another PF/C

Sam Hinkie is a fucking legend and a god

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Career sample size not big enough for you yet..this team wouldn't win one playoff game without IT. Teams don't give a flying fuck about anybody's offense other than him nor would it matter because they have nobody that can create their own shot.

That's pretty much exactly what I'm saying, smart is what he is at this point. His numbers did go up last month because he didn't take as many ill advised shots, drove more, and worked out of the post more. He has terrible shot selection and poor touch and feel for the rim. I still hope he can get to a more efficient 12-15 ppg eventually, but for now I'm not gonna hold breathe.

Pretty obvious IT is the entire offense at this point, I don't think anybody has disputed that he's necessary to make it tick... That being said that's for the now, and my issues with IT is more than others the future, which is why I'm all aboard the fultz train.

Jarate

Banned
you people laughed at me when I said IT is #2 in MVP ratings

#2 seed vs #6 seed, that Celtics team is pretty garbo without him outside of a few players. What IT is doing is incredible.

James Harden
IT
Kawhi Leonard
Westbrook
Durant
Lebron
TJ Mcconnell

that's the mvp rankings imo.

Marz

Last night was beautiful. Threezus reigns again. Spurs lose again. Cavs lose (yes I know they say guys). All in all a good night. Hopefully the Spurs can fall short a couple more games or they rest guys. I definitely prefer the 1 seed route through the playoffs than the 2.

Can't wait for the warriors and threezus to choke in the playoffs again.

Jarate

Banned
what would be the most boring NBA championship this year out of the realistic possibilities

Is it the Hawks vs The Nuggets or the Grizzlies

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
what would be the most boring NBA championship this year out of the realistic possibilities

None of those teams have a realistic shot.

Next year's lineup is going to be super interesting for the Sixers when Simmons and Embiid come back healthy. I doubt Okafor will still be here (maybe his knee is too fucked up too trade tho, idk)

Embiid
Simmons/Dario
Dario/Simmons
Robert Covington

bench unit
TJ McConnell
Nik Stauskas
Timothe Luwawu-Cabarot
Richaun Holmes
Jarryd Bayless

I wouldn't bank on embiid that's for damn sure.

Silkworm

Well I guess at least the Celtics didn't go 0-2 while Thomas rested :-\ And thankfully the Wizards lost yesterday. *shrug*

edit: Hopefully Celtics + Thomas = a win over the Wizards tomorrow. *fingers crossed*

Bread

Banned

Embiid
Simmons/Dario
Dario/Simmons
Robert Covington

bench unit
TJ McConnell
Nik Stauskas
Timothe Luwawu-Cabarot
Richaun Holmes
Jarryd Bayless

🤔🤔🤔🤔

Marz

Embiid
Simmons/Dario
Dario/Simmons
Robert Covington

bench unit
TJ McConnell
Nik Stauskas
Timothe Luwawu-Cabarot
Richaun Holmes
Jarryd Bayless

Lmao sure if by interesting you mean wondering who is gonna play each night.

Jacce

Banned
[

It's only been 3 years of him not being able to stay on the court, good luck with that.

Greg Oden 2.0.

Oh well only so much you can do when a guy goes off for almost 50.

Worse news is that Dion may be out the next few games with an ankle injury. That's a big loss for us, especially with the offensive regression of Richardson.

Raptors are legit well at least in the East. Can't believe we are winning games like this without Lowry.

East should take notice.

Damian Lillard won some people fantasy basketball playoff rounds today with this performance!

OldMan

Banned
I'm waiting for the Cavs to retro these uniforms,
18207988441_03bce0f382_o.png

These are dope
HZ7IrsP.png

Harry Giles from #1 HS player to glued to the bench as his team fights to stay alive in the NCAA tournament. I have to imagine with his knees being radioactive he has to declare fo the Draft even if his freshman season was a disappointment. Wonder how far he falls.

mjp2417

Banned
Harry Giles from #1 HS player to glued to the bench as his team fights to stay alive in the NCAA tournament. I have to imagine with his knees being radioactive he has to declare fo the Draft even if his freshman season was a disappointment. Wonder how far he falls.

Every draft board still seems to have him late lottery, but man, I can't imagine making that pick anywhere below 20 and feeling good about it.

I don't think the Nuggets would be boring if they ever made the finals. Denver ALWAYS produces high pace offense focused exciting teams.

Top Bottom