• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

Nobody is catching the Nets. They would have to play over .500 basketball while other teams completely lose out.

Looking at the schedule all these teams have remaining, I absolutely can see the Lakers and the Suns losing every single game. Logically there's no way in hell the Nets play .500 ball, but they have 0 incentive to tank (besides saving basketball from having Lebron in the Finals for the next 5 years and shit). It could happen.

Surfinn

This warriors kings game looks like an all star game. Well for one team anyway. Really putting on a show

My poor kings held on for as long as they could.

That's it Lakers, keep them wins coming.

laker+fans+ii.gif

I looked at the Lakers' box score and was stunned to learn that Ron Artest was still alive. DNP, but alive nonetheless.

Also, his shooting average for the season is hovering just barely above the Mendoza line.

Fjordson

Watched the highlights of Booker's 70, crazy game. And the Celtics were getting salty, bunch of assholes. Marcus Smart especially. Dude got fucking torched all night.

Bread

Banned
Watched the highlights of Booker's 70, crazy game. And the Celtics were getting salty, bunch of assholes. Marcus Smart especially. Dude got fucking torched all night.
They were fouling the Celtics to get Booker more shots. In terms of all time performances that's up there with Kobe's final game.

TTG

They were fouling the Celtics to get Booker more shots. In terms of all time performances that's up there with Kobe's final game.

Why were the Celtics fouling him back? I was watching some highlights and his last 10 points or something came from the foul line. He must have had 20 points in the last 3 minutes of the game mostly because he was at the line.

Wtf are you doing Lakers, we playing it real close now with the tank game.

Lakers saw that UCLA lost, that Jackson was killing it on a strong Kansas team, guessed Lonzo dropped to #3, and made the final decision of Lonzo or bust. The Lakers will either have the exact pick necessary to get Lonzo, or they won't have their pick.

El Topo

Lakers saw that UCLA lost, that Jackson was killing it on a strong Kansas team, guessed Lonzo dropped to #3, and made the final decision of Lonzo or bust. The Lakers will either have the exact pick necessary to get Lonzo, or they won't have their pick.

Would be pretty amusing if the Lakers didn't get Top 3. Then again, not the end of the world this year.

Jacce

Banned
Would be pretty amusing if the Lakers didn't get Top 3. Then again, not the end of the world this year.
It's the best draft class since 2003. Losing their pick this year would be the basketball equivalent of the end of the world for the Lakers.

El Topo

It's the best draft class since 2003. Losing their pick this year would be the basketball equivalent of the end of the world for the Lakers.

I totally forgot that their pick is only Top-3 protected. My brain was just like "Okay, they miss out on the top prospects, but there's a lot of good players this year". Ah, this makes me wish even more that they miss out.

Not that I blame him, but I caught the 2nd half of the UCLA-Kentucky game last night and the body language on Lonzo...he pretty much gave up with at around the 7 min mark in the 2nd half (from what I saw). He lost his man consistently or was caught roaming in the middle of nowhere sauntering around. What's telling was one posession where there was a loose ball up for grabs had Lonzo dove for it, and he just kinda jogged towards it. Like I said, I don't blame him at at all given the risk reward scenario. It's more of a criticism of the one year in college NBA rule. Lonzo's clearly NBA bound..one year in college isn't going to help him at all. It's not like they're going to learn life skills in one year of college.

Jacce

Banned
I totally forgot that their pick is only Top-3 protected. My brain was just like "Okay, they miss out on the top prospects, but there's a lot of good players this year". Ah, this makes me wish even more that they miss out.

This draft class is full of potential franchise defining players, it is insane. Lakers have got a lot of good young players, but no franchise defining player as of yet. This draft is like 2003 with Lebron, Wade, Bosh, & Melo. Franchise defining talent.

Lakers losing their pick this year would be like Miami missing out on Wade or Denver missing out on Melo. It will pretty much set the franchise in lottery hell for the next 5+ years. They are only one game up on Phoenix right now, Lakers brass got to be sweating. The future of that team pretty much rests on keeping that pick.

This is one of those years that the draft lottery order will determine the future of the NBA for the next decade potentially ala 1984 and 2003. I can't wait.

This draft class is full of potential franchise defining players, it is insane. Lakers have got a lot of good young players, but no franchise defining player as of yet. This draft is like 2003 with Lebron, Wade, Bosh, & Melo. Franchise defining talent.

Lakers losing their pick this year would be like Miami missing out on Wade or Denver missing out on Melo. It will pretty much set the franchise in lottery hell for the next 5+ years. They are only one game up on Phoenix right now, Lakers brass got to be sweating. The future of that team pretty much rests on keeping that pick.

This is one of those years that the draft lottery order will determine the future of the NBA for the next decade potentially ala 1984 and 2003. I can't wait.

I think people are starting to overrate this draft in making comparisons to 03. There are some great prospects but they aren't sure fire franchise guys.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Does anyone knows where to find the music the NBA uses for their TV spots usually appearing during live games? I tried the usual apps but almost all the clips are short and only instrumentals, some beats are really good.

I know right XD. It's become so fucking fun to just crack a wide grin for every time a defender reaches into the cookie jar.

I can't wait until a star player fouls out in the playoffs on nothing but harden and Lou Williams 3 Pt fouls

I think people are starting to overrate this draft in making comparisons to 03. There are some great prospects but they aren't sure fire franchise guys.

I think the most promising thing about this draft is the number of potential stars. On their own, it really doesn't seem like much, but this draft seems to have enough prospects to raise the odds of getting legitimate stars.

Since 2003, 2009 is the next largest one, right? Harden, Curry, Griffin, DeRozan, Teague, Holiday.

They would also lose their 2019 pick.

I know right XD. It's become so fucking fun to just crack a wide grin for every time a defender reaches into the cookie jar.

I can't wait until a star player fouls out in the playoffs on nothing but harden and Lou Williams 3 Pt fouls

I think the most promising thing about this draft is the number of potential stars. On their own, it really doesn't seem like much, but this draft seems to have enough prospects to raise the odds of getting legitimate stars.

Since 2003, 2009 is the next largest one, right? Harden, Curry, Griffin, DeRozan, Teague, Holiday.

They would also lose their 2019 pick.

The thing about drafts these days is for the most part they all have potential stars. These guys are all super young and people try to make career comps and determinations based on such small sample sizes. Think about that 03 draft. At this time in 2003 nobody knew Wade and Bosh would project to be Hall of famers and most people thought Darko was the next Dirk. The best guy in the draft could end up being someone taken later (like Paul George, or Kawhi, or Giannis all were). Declaring how deep a draft is going to be a year out (like we've been hearing about with this one) or even a few months out, seems silly. You won't really know how good or bad a draft was until a few years in.

Sandfox

This draft is actually pretty average and next year's is better. If anything the 2015 draft will probably go down as one of the best ones in a long time.

Loss tonight puts the Celtics 1 game behind the Cavs for the 1 seed. Don't know the run in for both teams but I'd love for the Celtics to grab it.

Fjordson

Naw, Washington came out and punched them in them mouth with a 40 point first quarter. Cavs really need to tighten up before them playoffs. East is hungry this year.
I'm playing. Cavs defense being not that good this year and the East improving is the real story.

The "boredom" thing is what I hear dumb media say whenever Lebron loses.

Dynomutt

I'm playing. Cavs defense being not that good this year and the East improving is the real story.

The "boredom" thing is what I hear dumb media say whenever Lebron loses.

Yeah, this "Light Switch" mentality is dangerous. The East will be a battle this year. I'm not seeing any 4 game sweeps then rest.

Top Bottom