• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

Gotta love LaVar going full rambo on this shit, I can't wait to see him and Lebron squaring off WWE style. At least he apparently moved past his sons playing for the Lakers because that's just bad parenting wishing something that awful for your family.

Gotta love LaVar going full rambo on this shit, I can't wait to see him and Lebron squaring off WWE style. At least he apparently moved past his sons playing for the Lakers because that's just bad parenting wishing something that awful for your family.
Yup lol. I secretly hope Celtics take Lonzo, Lavar is legit hilarious.

Fjordson

Didn't they have the #1 defense with him as well?

Draymond is obviously great and I think people forget how good Klay is too.
They had dipped to #2 overall shortly before KD's injury. But now they're almost back to #1, just .1 behind San Antonio.

KD has been so important to the defense and some of the losses have been super ugly so I guess I was expecting a dropoff.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ek-reiterates-commitment-triangle-next-season

Coach Jeff Hornacek said he expects the Knicks to be running the triangle offense exclusively from the beginning of training camp next season and explained that he's unsure if the club's core of Carmelo Anthony, Derrick Rose and Kristaps Porzingis can make New York a playoff team unless it fully embraces the system.

Hornacek also said he made a mistake in the beginning of this season by trying to blend the triangle with a more up-tempo style of basketball, and he reiterated that personnel decisions this summer will be based on the triangle.

Hornacek didn't mention any Knicks by name, but Rose is a free agent this summer, and the Knicks offered Anthony in trade talks prior to February's trade deadline. Anthony has a no-trade clause, but he intimated earlier this week that he would consider waiving his no-trade clause to play for a winning team.

So the Knicks' roster next season might look significantly different than it did this season, when the club fell well short of expectations. New York (27-43) entered Wednesday's game against the Utah Jazz tied with the Sacramento Kings for the sixth-worst record in the NBA.

Based on Hornacek's comments on Wednesday, it's clear that the club will be fully committed to the triangle at the beginning of next season. Some veterans have privately expressed displeasure about the system this season due to its slow pace and a perceived overreliance on midrange shots, according to sources.

Sandfox

The Lakers would actually be a good fit for Ball. I'm a Fultz guy though if I to choose.

The Lakers would actually be a good fit for Ball. I'm a Fultz guy though if I to choose.

Same here, Ball should be very good and shit but I'd take Fultz over him easily. This discussion doesn't really influence the Celtics too much though because the NBA is rigged and I fully expect to be picking 3rd in the draft.

gutshot

it's almost like there's a reason he fell to the sixers in the draft

A better and more competent medical staff probably would have had him ready to play last season. And certainly wouldn't have misdiagnosed his initial knee injury and then let him play on a meniscus tear severe enough to require surgery.

And also because he's an abnormally large man whose lower body probably wasn't built to do the things he does.

Meniscus tears are pretty common injuries for any basketball player, but certainly big men's knees take an even worse pounding than most. I was mostly just answering the question about why his knee injury seemed to be getting "worse". It just seemed that way because the Sixers medical staff can't properly diagnose injuries.

Sandfox

Because the Sixers medical staff is garbage and can't properly diagnosis or rehab injuries.
I think it has more to do with the Bynum injury causing them to become secretive and start lying more than anything else.
"How do you feel if your sons are going to be targeted because of your comments"

"Well that's why you lift weights" - LaVar

dude is a fucking idiot

they need to stop giving him a platform
I wouldn't say the guy is an idiot because he is building a brand for all of his sons and even made it to ESPN. He knows exactly what he's doing.

Fjordson

Dang. I need to talk to my cousins more. I'll see them at Easter. They go to Mater Dei
lol Nice.

There is a lot of good basketball in California right now. Started following high school bball a bit in recent years because of my brother and a few cousins playing + keeping up with Kentucky recruits.

So Lakers-GAF when and I say when because the NBA will gift you the #1 pick, you guys draft Ball with the top pick.. is Russell going to be SG or do you look to trade him?

They had dipped to #2 overall shortly before KD's injury. But now they're almost back to #1, just .1 behind San Antonio.

KD has been so important to the defense and some of the losses have been super ugly so I guess I was expecting a dropoff.

Ron Adams is a jewel of a defensive coach. KD has been the second best D player on that team and there has been little prolonged drop off

Sandfox

So Lakers-GAF when and I say when because the NBA will gift you the #1 pick, you guys draft Ball with the top pick.. is Russell going to be SG or do you look to trade him?

Russell can probably play off the ball, he actually shoots better off a catch than a dribble.

Russell and Ball actually pair well together and they would share ballhanding responsibilities. Ball excels in transition and doesn't actually hold the ball in his hands all that long while Russell is better in the half court. They would benefit from each other's passes and we would be able to have at least one of them on the floor at all times to run the team.

So Jordan Clarkson is gone?

I think his ceiling is as a really good 6th man (basically a younger Lou Williams) so he's not neccesarily gone, but if he can start becoming a more consistent scorer he might have some value. His contract is decent in this market.

If the Lakers are able to keep the pick and get Ball, I think Ball/DLo/Ingram/Julius/Black is the starting lineup, with Clarkson and 2bac bringing some scoring off the bench. Would love if we could steal a young, defensive minded big with that late Houston 1st rounder.

FZZ

Banned
nah I wanna keep Ingram, Dlo, Ball (if we get him), and Zubac

everyone else is expendable

I don't like Randle or Clarkson

nah I wanna keep Ingram, Dlo, Ball (if we get him), and Zubac

everyone else is expendable

I don't like Randle or Clarkson

You likely aren't getting jack for Randle with him only having one year left. I'd rather just hang on to him and see if he can develop. Clarkson is on a potentially decent contract but he needs to show more consistency.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Mater Dei beat Chino Hills a few weeks ago in overtime. Not sure if they've played since, I forget the timing of the high school season.

Last week was the NorCal finals, so I assume SoCal had theirs at the same time. This weekend should be the state title games.

Media needs to stop covering him. The whole "he says absolutely insane shit to get attention but if you really think about it maybe he has a point" act is fucked up and irresponsible

"The media" does the same shit. There is almost no difference between Lavar Ball and Stephen A. Smith. Lonzo's Pops is playing these fools at their own "Hot take culture" game.

"The media" does the same shit. There is almost no difference between Lavar Ball and Stephen A. Smith. Lonzo's Pops is playing these fools at their own "Hot take culture" game.

There's a key difference that LaVar is funny as fuck, SAS is just obnoxious. Plus he's built like a tank so when he says he won't take shit from anybody there's at least a glorious chance he isn't kidding.

Top Bottom