• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Finals 2017 |OT| Same As It Ever Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadAss2961

Okay I love coach nick but is he really suggesting LeBron is coaching this team?

lmaooooo
Well everyone knows he has authority over the coach and pretty much everyone in Cleveland except the owner, who he has by the balls.

My guess is Lue is coaching the team (obviously LeBron can't coach the damn team lol), but the gameplan is centered around what LeBron wants to do, or at least something he signs off on.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Dwight Howard: “I’ve been working on my threes,” Howard said, “really trying to add some range to my game, which is gonna be weird for people to see, I guess, because they’re used to seeing me in the paint battling. But in order for me to play longer, I have to expand my game.”

35110369836_1c7a489b32_o.png

random25

Dwight Howard: “I’ve been working on my threes,” Howard said, “really trying to add some range to my game, which is gonna be weird for people to see, I guess, because they’re used to seeing me in the paint battling. But in order for me to play longer, I have to expand my game.”

I'm pretty sure he's just joking.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement

Why don't you start at the line and then move back big guy.

MIMIC

Banned
Damn Cavs. Please don't get swept. I'll be downtown tomorrow (for reasons completely unrelated to the game) sending good vibes.

So he's going to become Josh Smith???

The adjustment the Cavs need to make is they need to get good to compete with this Warriors team.

Coach/GM Lebron will make off season moves. He doesn't want to finish his career with a Finals record of 3-8 (which could arguably be 1-10).

I don't know man that 2020 finals was pretty close could have argued Lebron should have won that.

I envision the Cavs drawing more fouls as THE gameplan. Its the only way.

Kyrie, Love and JR on the perimeter, side-to-side shooting motions. Take the Dubs out of their rhythm, release some of the defensive pressure. It may not work with LBJ, cause they will continue to sag when he shoot perimeter shots, but it could be effective for every other Cav player on the floor.

beat

Dwight Howard: ”I've been working on my threes," Howard said, ”really trying to add some range to my game, which is gonna be weird for people to see, I guess, because they're used to seeing me in the paint battling. But in order for me to play longer, I have to expand my game."

I was used to seeing him actively run away from his potential as the league's best roll man because he wanted to play in the low post instead.

I'm pretty sure he's just joking.

CBS Sports: "Dwight Howard is completely serious about shooting more 3-pointers next season"

TTG

I say Cavs have a 60% chance of winning tomorrow. What say you?

Prediction Basketball! Cavs finally get shooting from their vets, they are able to retain some kind of lead into the third and because of that Lebron doesn't fade. 60/40.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Brain says it will be a close one until GS pulls away from an exhausted Lebron midway through the 4th. Heart says they come out more focused then ever and blitz them early and win by 30.

Kyrie and Lebron have got to summon pretty much all they have to not make this a 3-0 series. I think if they can get control the game early, get the other guys going, then Cavs makes this 2-1, and will put the pressure on the Warriors.

Bernbaum

Super teams are cool and all, but KD to GSW killed the entire 2016-17 season.

The only interesting narratives out of the last year are Westbrook's season triple double, the MVP contest with Harden and the emergence of Isaiah Thomas and Giannis Antetokounmpo.

Even those are a stretch and everything else has been boring as fuck.

FZZ

Banned

The only interesting narratives out of the last year are Westbrook's season triple double, the MVP contest with Harden and the emergence of Isaiah Thomas and Giannis Antetokounmpo.

Not only will Lonzo Ball save the Lakers

he's going to save the league

for the first time in 10 years we will have the new face and talking point of the league

KD will forever be 2nd place

The playoffs have been boring and predictable but I thought the regular season was really fun for the most part.

The playoffs have been boring and predictable but I thought the regular season was really fun for the most part.

Yeah

Which was really freaking weird.

I just sorta ignored the Warriors and the season was plenty of fun. Plenty of great games and stuff.

And then the playoffs just ended up being this one big stinker.

Another thing people need to remember when they bring up ratings for this game 2 or 1 or whatever over others - 99%, slightly lower ratings but a greater quantity of games is gonna give the NBA more money.

Marz

I know the Lebron legacy discussion has been done to death, but I feel like he had a slim chance to catch MJ as the greatest to ever do it if he somehow chipped in 2015 by himself, repeated in 2016, and somehow took down the Warriors with 2 mvps on their team this year. A three-peat against this Juggernaut under those circumstances and I don't think anyone would have questioned his claim to the throne. Unfortunately it looks like he may go 1-2 in the last 3 years and seal that door forever. Unlucky for him.

I know the Lebron legacy discussion has been done to death, but I feel like he had a slim chance to catch MJ as the greatest to ever do it if he somehow chipped in 2015 by himself, repeated in 2016, and somehow took down the Warriors with 2 mvps on their team this year. A three-peat against this Juggernaut under those circumstances and I don't think anyone would have questioned his claim to the throne. Unfortunately it looks like he may go 1-2 in the last 3 years and seal that door forever. Unlucky for him.

MJ had no heart. He'll forever be fourth at best.

"I'm just going to ignore everything pre-Jordan and have the same greatest ever conversation we just had with Kobe."

Oh and Kareem says hi.

So after tonight what will GAF's response be...

GM1 "It's just one game"

GM2 "Same thing happened last year"

GM3 "???"

GM4 Profit

All I hope is that the Cavs can at least compete in this series. Otherwise we are in for a long few years. A painful trip back to the '90 Bull's reign.

mxgt

Banned
So after tonight what will GAF's response be...

GM1 "It's just one game"

GM2 "Same thing happened last year"

GM3 "???"

GM4 Profit

All I hope is that the Cavs can at least compete in this series. Otherwise we are in for a long few years. A painful trip back to the '90 Bull's reign.

I mean if the Cavs lose tonight I think pretty much everyone will concede the series is over.

If they win then anything can happen. If they win both home games momentum can shift.

Warriors got blown out in game 3 x the first half of game 6 last year

Don't play shook Warriors, how do you play shook, I don't get it man. High school x NCAA crowds are more hostile , NBA crowds in the front are all rich people that don't give a shit

If you had to play in front of crowds that sit in the top I'd be shook.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom