• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Finals 2017 |OT| Same As It Ever Was

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you agree KD couldn't pull an OK team together and lead them to a win so had to be pulled himself to help another team win?

Cool, we agree.

Look, I feel you that KD's decision can seem shitty and dishonest or something, but if you look at it soberly, what do you want? Dude was with that organization for 9 years, they had their chance and couldn't get it done. They got to the big show but then lost Harden and then slowly fell out of contention, Was he supposed to just rot there forever and retire with nothing to his name but the acclaim of some internet posters who crow about his honor and shit? Like, if Chris Paul does make the rumored move to the Spurs, why by angry at him? The man is rotting in LA and he's not going to sniff the conference finals if he stays there. If the Spurs wind up winning next year or at least get to the conference finals, I'll be happy, not annoyed. It's cool to see good players get their shot. How many great players have just languished on teams where they were the only superstar and they never got the chance to even dream of being on the big stage?

It's not that KD went to help another team win...he helped his team win. The Warriors are his team now. I get the loyalty and the feelings of betrayal, it can sting if you're a OKC head, but again, if you look at it soberly, that's sports...it is what it is, I'd rather see players shake themselves up and make moves to try and win instead of just sit forever on the Timberwolves or whatever and content themselves with an 8th seed and first round exit, if that.

That being said, yeah, I don't relish the idea of seeing the Warriors win over and over for the next X years, but that's just because I'd like to see something interesting and not the same match-ups again and again.

LionPride

Banned
KD doesn't win 1 one game with that Cavs roster.
Shut up lol

Kevin Love = multi time All Star

Kyrie = multi time All Star

Tristian = fantastic defensive and offensive presence

JR = JR

Deron Williams was playing well before the finals along with Korver

Frye was playing well

Shump just sucks

Great stuff man, basketball is the best sport in the world :')

Sad about The Pipe, JR Fuckball was the stuff of legends tonight but even when he is fantastic he missed SO MANY ROTATIONS on defense that he pretty much had negative value even shooting ridiculous stuff. Kevin Love looks Boston bound. Kyrie had nothing tonight and kept pushing. And Lebron man. Great player, great stuff, great joy watching him play.

Have I said how much I love basketball?

Nice speeches there.

I must say, after winning last year it's kinda fun watching players who've never won before enjoy their first.

Again, GG Warriors GAF. We'll be back.

FZZ

Banned
Shut up lol

JR = JR

Frye was playing well

Shump just sucks

KEVIN DURANT wouldn't win 1 game vs this warriors team with LeBron instead of him

It'd be 16-0 from now until infinity

Wait, don't they already have one of those?

LeBron averaged more this series than you could make, assist, or rebound if you spent your entire life playing this sport and all the totals were added up

CueMan

Banned
Cavs win Game 5 if it was yesterday, who scheduled this years finals?? Two days rest is too much in between games imo and killed Cavs game 4 hype

mjp2417

Banned
Shut up lol

JR = JR

Frye was playing well

Shump just sucks
Against a 73 win team that added LeBron James. Yeah, that's 4-0.

seanoff

All of you hating on KD ask yourself one question.

If you were decent at basketball would you like to play with Westbrook? I wouldn't.

TTG

KEVIN DURANT wouldn't win 1 game vs this warriors team with LeBron instead of him

It'd be 16-0 from now until infinity

Lebron(and Kyrie) was excellent in these finals. You all doing him a disservice with this garbage argument.

Erico

Unconfirmed Member
warriors adding durant to win it after getting 3-1'd last year feels like if the US went back in with nukes after the fall of Saigon and wiped Vietnam off the map.

like ok chill you win. goddamn

kaiju

When a consolation prize pays off

DCLHQLpXsAANtxC.jpg:large

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom